500+ chinese councillors sacked for bribery

ice berg

President Xi has launched an anti-corruption campaign, pledging to target both "tigers and flies" - high and low ranking officials in the government.

There have been bans on new government buildings and lavish banquets, as Mr Xi demands officials cut down on waste and extravagance.
On Saturday, the president made a rare visit to a self-service restaurant in the capital, Beijing, taking his place in the queue with other customers.

Photos posted on the Chinese social media site, Weibo, show him in a traditional steamed bun shop where he ordered and paid for a meal at lunch time.

Nothing beats a good PR move.
CCP finally got it.

J20!

Country flag
President Xi has launched an anti-corruption campaign, pledging to target both "tigers and flies" - high and low ranking officials in the government.

There have been bans on new government buildings and lavish banquets, as Mr Xi demands officials cut down on waste and extravagance.
On Saturday, the president made a rare visit to a self-service restaurant in the capital, Beijing, taking his place in the queue with other customers.

Photos posted on the Chinese social media site, Weibo, show him in a traditional steamed bun shop where he ordered and paid for a meal at lunch time.

Nothing beats a good PR move.
CCP finally got it.
Obviously a PR move. He probably washed it down with some premium bubbly on his way home.

Having said that, I'm glad the CCP is FINALLY (attempting) clamping down on over the top, unnecessary spending. We've made it to the PR phase, now let's see them institutionalize, zero-corruption, low cost administrative spending.

I'm still critical of the comprehensiveness of this anti-corruption drive, but Xi's administration really has made strides in pushing back rampant, institutionalized corruption within the CCP. Its a start.

ice berg

I am also critical to how far they can push it. I think without rule of law and free speech there is very difficult to curb the institutionalized corruption. To that there is just too many and too deep infested.

They barely scratch the surface.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles