5 Indian Army soldiers martyred along LoC

venkat

pakis and chicoms are coordinating a two front attack in both sides of our borders, so as to engage indian army totally. Along with nawaz shareef paki army logistics i/c also visited Beijing and had discussions with chines counterparts.A sinister move is in the offing. As Indians will be fighting general elections pakis and chicoms will make merry at the borders attacking inidan soldiers. more things going to happen in the near future. Choke India is the paki-chicom agenda!!!

Blackwater

sorry article in hindi but interesting

पाकिस्तान गोली चलाते हैं और हम कबूतर उड़ाते हैं'

हम लल्लू देश के नागरिक हैं'

boris

Country flag
pakis and chicoms are coordinating a two front attack in both sides of our borders, so as to engage indian army totally. Along with nawaz shareef paki army logistics i/c also visited Beijing and had discussions with chines counterparts.A sinister move is in the offing. As Indians will be fighting general elections pakis and chicoms will make merry at the borders attacking inidan soldiers. more things going to happen in the near future. Choke India is the paki-chicom agenda!!!
This could be the calm before the storm that is the the soon to come US departure, these scums just released hundreds of their own from that Paki prison because it could be possible maybe their getting their hands on every one of them to fight just like after the Soviet days when all warlords had some nasty fighting in between them. The moment the US leaves A'stan, the ANA,Northern Alliance and India will be top priority for the ISI and their terrorist friends.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
After Mumbai attacks, and then what India did, I never believed in this Prime minister if he has any spine he wears his turban on.

He is leading a party which believe people have short memory, so no big is big for this this greedy Kumbkaran congress-I sleeping sound with stomach full of food/scams.

Ganesh2691

Exclusive: Dirty war on LoC preceded deadly Poonch ambush

This, and only this, do we know for a fact: early this month, Zafran Ghulam Sarwar, Wajid Akbar, Mohammad Wajid Akbar and Mohammad Faisal left their homes on the Pakistani side of the control in the Neelam valley, and never came back. Pakistan claims they were innocent herb collectors, who were kidnapped by an Indian special forces engaged in an offensive counter-terrorism operation across the Line of Control.

India says it has no idea what happened to the men. Not long after they disappeared, though, five still-unidentified men were shot dead by Indian troops in the same area, 500 metres on the Indian side of the Line of Control. Naresh Vij, an Indian army spokesperson, said troops had "not recovered any bodies as they are lying very far."

Privately, Indian intelligence officials posted in the sector speculate the men may have indeed been targetted by special forces — but insist they were guides for jihadist groups crossing the Line of Control, not innocent men executed by the army for no reason at all.

Like everything else to do with the secret war Indian and Pakistani troops are locked in along the Line of Control, the facts are opaque. Few, charged with nationalist passions, are much interested in the truth, anyway.

Monday's killing of five troops from the 21 Bihar Regiment, marks the first significant crisis in India-Pakistan relations since Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif took power earlier this year.

The ambush, highly-placed army sources have told Firstpost, was almost certainly carried out to retaliate against a series of successful Indian operations in the northern stretches of the Line of Control. It targeted a routine patrol in a relatively peaceful area, near the Chakan-da-Bagh cross-Line of Control trading post.

The sources said a sixth soldier on the patrol, who escaped the firing, is being questioned to determine precisely what happened. Early accounts, though, all point to a disciplined, military-style operation.

The ambush comes, as Firstpost recently revealed, amidst the first year that violence in Jammu and Kashmir has shown an uptick since the near-war of 2001-2002. In the last week of July alone, 12 jihadists were killed in northern Kashmir's Kupwara district— levels of infiltration not seen in years. In the last major encounter, five terrorists were killed short of Hema post, on the Line of Control in Kupwara. The Line of Control (LoC)in the Jammu region has seen 42 exchanges of fire this year, the sources said, up from 28 in all of 2012.

This, however, we do also know: last night's lethal ambush in Poonch was just the latest in phase in a secret war along the Line of Control that have continued apace since the beheadings of Lance-Naik Hem Raj and Lance-Naik Sudhakar Naik in January. Friction between the two armies has been re-erupted periodically since February, when Pakistan alleged that one of its soldiers had been executed in cold blood after accidentally straying across the Line of Control and being taken prisoner. India, however, disputed this version of events. "We detected some suspicious movement near the LoC inside our territory and the challengers from our side fired", said Lieutenant-Colonel Rajesh Kalia, a spokesperson for the Indian army.

Late last month, Pakistan complained that "unprovoked" Indian fire had led to the death of Sepoy Asim Iqbal in the Nazia Peer sector, near the town of Rawlakote.

India, however, said the firing began in response to an infiltration attempt.

The fighting had its genesis in events that began in October, when Pakistan complained of new Indian border works at Charunda, in Uri. India responded that the works were purely defensive, intended to prevent illegal border crossings. The unresolved dispute led to exchanges of fire, which eventually escalated into shelling and the killings of soldiers on both sides. The beheading of Indian soldiers in January was the culmination of a long series of attacks and counter-attacks— a vicious cycle driven by the Pakistan army's continued support of jihadist infiltration into Kashmir.

The November 2003 ceasefire, Indian diplomatic sources say, was based on an unwritten "agreement," which in essence stipulated that neither side would reinforce its fortifications along the Line of Control — a measure first agreed to after the 1971 war. In 2006, the two sides exchanged drafts for a formal agreement — but the talks have stalled.

Long before the dispute over border construction, though, several similar cross-border clashes had taken place. In March, 1998, an Indian special forces unit is alleged to have killed 22 civilians at the village of Bandala, in the Chhamb sector; two villagers decapitated; the eyes of several others were allegedly gouged out by the attackers. The Pakistani military claimed to have recovered an Indian-made watch from the scene of the carnage, along with a hand-written note which asked, "How does your own blood feel?"

The Bandala massacre is alleged to have been carried to avenge massacre of 29 Hindu villagers at Prankote, in Jammu and Kashmir, by the Lashkar-e-Taiba. The Lashkar attackers slit the throats of their victims, which included women and infants.

Large-scale civilian killings did not take place again, but the Indian army continued to dish out at least as good as it got. In May 1999, as the Kargil war broke out, Captain Saurabh Kalia, along with sepoys Bhanwar Lal Bagaria, Arjun Ram, Bhika Ram, Moola Ram and Naresh Singh, were kidnapped by Pakistani troops. Post mortem revealed that the men's bodies had been burned with cigarette-ends and their genitals mutilated.

Late in January, 2000, seven Pakistani soldiers were alleged to have been captured in a raid on a post in the Nadala enclave, across the Neelam River. The seven soldiers were allegedly tied up and dragged across a ravine running across the LoC. The bodies were returned, according to Pakistan, bearing signs of brutal torture.

There have been a string of smaller incidents since the ceasefire went into force. In June, 2008, Pakistani troops attacked the Kranti border observation post near Salhotri village in Poonch, killing 2-8 Gurkha Regiment soldiers in Jawashwar Chhame.

The retaliation, when it came, was savage: Pakistani officials allege Indian troops beheaded a soldier and carried his head across on 19 June, 2008, in the Bhattal sector in Poonch.

Finally on 30 August, 2011, Pakistan complained that three soldiers, including a JCO, were beheaded in an Indian raid on a post in the Sharda sector, across the Neelam river valley in Kel— retaliation for the decapitation of two Indian soldiers near Karnah.

There's unlikely to be an end to this savagery until cross-border infiltration ends, and that's something that seems ever more unlikely. For Pakistan's army, facing an existential battle with the Tehreek-e-Taliban that it is unable to win, precipitating a crisis with India is an attractive option. In the wake of 26/11, jihadists vowed to rally behind Pakistan if war with India broke out; that promise has since been renewed periodically.

It is self-evident that preventing a rapprochement between jihadists and the generals is in India's best interest — the reason why both Prime Ministers Atal Behari Vajpayee and Manmohan Singh proved willing to pay the political price for a policy of strategic restraint. India's own looming elections, though, are making such restraint ever more difficult for political leaders to practice.

Exclusive: Dirty war on LoC preceded deadly Poonch ambush - Firstpost

Sabir

DFI TEAM
It is now time to restart FIRE ASSAULTS which IA did after Kalu Chak incident. BJP was much better, they always responded with much higher force. It was just these Fire Assaults which forced PA to ask for ceasefire along the LOC.
In some incidents BJP also failed like the congress. In 2001 BDR killed 16 BSF Jawaans...some of them captured , tortured and killed in cold blood.... Bajpayee gov did the same what today congress is doing- filing strong protest.... BD did nothing; rather this incident used as a source of nationalism in BD... Then there are incident of Major Kalia.....

In Plane hijack case there was no other way than releasing the terrorists but India couldn't do anything when the moved to Pakistan despite Pakistan's claim that they won't allow them...

If you put your bet on one party over other you are gravely mistaken. Some of them talk big some less but when time comes for action they all fail...

TrueSpirit

Hope the Para(SF) does something this year just like what it did back in 2011 after a similar incident.
Could you please share the context & what was the action taken ? I do not know about it.

Decklander

Andhon main kaana raja is how I will describe BJP compared to UPA. I am not a fan of BJP but yes I do admire NAMO for his strong arm dictatorial approach and attitude. We need a strong leader now. democracy is inherently a week form of government and it becomes disfunctional if we have khichdi alliance like UPA who are neck deep in corruption.
If India rejects NAMO, my next choice will be Jayalalitha.

ladder

Country flag
^^^^^^^
Yeah we should have seen this coming.When few days ago Pakistanis came out with the news of 4 men being captured by Indian army inside POK.

This is played exactly like the January incident. Where they had a story about Indian army violating the LOC.

Now, just waiting for a national news paper to carry the sequel of grand-mother story.
Maybe this time, the grand-mother's husband, our beloved grand-father decided to join her across Loc triggering all this incidents.

But, what I am really waiting for is the response like January where twice the number of Pakistani soldiers were sniped out.

This should be the immediate reaction by local commander.

Also, I am not optimistic that army top brass will be able to find the place and time of their liking to retaliate under this current government.

U Sun Dar

Rest in Peace...May god help their Family....Useless UPA government.....If Vajpaee Ji in charge...May Pak will see another Kargil....

TrueSpirit

Now, just waiting for a national news paper to carry the sequel of grand-mother story.
Maybe this time, the grand-mother's husband, our beloved grand-father decided to join her across Loc triggering all this incidents.
I did not get it....

But, what I am really waiting for is the response like January where twice the number of Pakistani soldiers were sniped out.
Can you share some details ?

U Sun Dar

Hope Namo will Lead India.....He is the only man who can change india

Andhon main kaana raja is how I will describe BJP compared to UPA. I am not a fan of BJP but yes I do admire NAMO for his strong arm dictatorial approach and attitude. We need a strong leader now. democracy is inherently a week form of government and it becomes disfunctional if we have khichdi alliance like UPA who are neck deep in corruption.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Sir, your post reminded me of my Bhopal visit some ten years ago, I rode a Yamaha RX-135 of my friend there , the roads were extremely bad and I almost avoided a deadly accident and barely saved our lives, I asked my friend "Are yaar kitne gaddhhe hain, Kahaan pe tyre daalun?" he said that I asked a wrong question I should have asked "Kis gaddhhe me daalun"?

Our Indian politics is also at the same level, we shouldn't dream of a "saint" party rather we should vote a less corrupt party.

ladder

Country flag
I did not get it....

Can you share some details ?

In January an Indian popular news paper carried a story that a old woman crossed LOC to POK to join her son (who incidentally had crossed over earlier.) triggering the January skirmishes.

Runaway grandmother sparked savage skirmish on LoC - The Hindu

So, I sarcastically wrote may be this time her husband's crossing is the reason, will be stated by any national news paper.

In Jan till the climb down 4-5 Pakistani soldiers were killed by Indian Army in response to killing of Indian army jawans.

P.S The author the article of first-post (post 108) and The article of Hindu ( link in this post) are the same person.
A fabled journo.
so, probably no grand-father story this time.
Maybe, the 4 young men rumored to be captured are the grand-sons of the old lady.

Last edited:

Decklander

Sir, your post reminded me of my Bhopal visit some ten years ago, I rode a Yamaha RX-135 of my friend there , the roads were extremely bad and I almost avoided a deadly accident and barely saved our lives, I asked my friend "Are yaar kitne gaddhhe hain, Kahaan pe tyre daalun?" he said that I asked a wrong question I should have asked "Kis gaddhhe me daalun"?

Our Indian politics is also at the same level, we shouldn't dream of a "saint" party rather we should vote a less corrupt party.
Don't just vote a less corrupt party, also ensure that such a party is led by an uncorruptible strong leader who has his own mind, knows how to speak, how to act and does not run by remote. A leader who can say openly," Khataa nahin aur khanay deta nahin". And not someone who sings," Khud looto, auron ko bhi lootnay do, yahi toh hai alliance ka vayda, tumhain desh lootnay ka fayda.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles