4000 year old Vishnu statue in Vietnam

dude00720

Country flag
if the 4000 year story is true, it definitly destroys AIT Question is, this will not change the views of the diehards. Larger question: Is 4000 years correct? That sounds like propaganda from the Communist party of Vietnam.

In my world, Archeological evidence, is way bigger than, Linguistic evidence. We dont have any archeological evidence of a invasion. So, AIT has to be dead.

right wing

Country flag
if the 4000 year story is true, it definitly destroys AIT Question is, this will not change the views of the diehards. Larger question: Is 4000 years correct? That sounds like propaganda from the Communist party of Vietnam.

In my world, Archeological evidence, is way bigger than, Linguistic evidence. We dont have any archeological evidence of a invasion. So, AIT has to be dead.
Why wud com party vietnam do propaganda on hindu god?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Vishnu statue is one of the Vietnam's ancient treasure artifacts.

@krystallee

Last edited by a moderator:

dude00720

Country flag
Today, Vietnam is looking for historical roots. So, I would agree, that, a 4000 year old history is appealing. Their conflict with China makes them trace old glory. Fear for security is a strong motivator. But, I would be happy if it is proven true.

Fact is, it is a little silly how we discount the Yogic posture as Shiva? Because, Rudra is mentioned in Rigveda and Yogic forms of Shiva comes only in later part of Vedas. There is no reason to disbelieve that seal is not Shiva

right wing

Country flag
Today, Vietnam is looking for historical roots. So, I would agree, that, a 4000 year old history is appealing. Their conflict with China makes them trace old glory. Fear for security is a strong motivator. But, I would be happy if it is proven true.

Fact is, it is a little silly how we discount the Yogic posture as Shiva? Because, Rudra is mentioned in Rigveda and Yogic forms of Shiva comes only in later part of Vedas. There is no reason to disbelieve that seal is not Shiva
but a yogic posture means an indian godly form nonetheless..other civilizations have mostly standing posture fr their gods

hitesh

Looks like poster of some cartoon series the lion king.

right wing

Country flag
This ancient aliens guy is real fun to watch..though rants rubbish most of the times

dude00720

Country flag
but a yogic posture means an indian godly form nonetheless..other civilizations have mostly standing posture fr their gods
I agree. Hence, I find it so unscientific that, we refuse to accept this as a sign that AIT is dead.Too bad, some people still live in 1960's and 70's with aliens with creationism thrown in :)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The Aryan invasion theory was destroyed by German scientists about three years back when they in their way proved that there was no invasion. On the other hand some east European civilizations actually started as a result of Indians from southern India migrating there thousands of years ago.

We need an overhaul of our history book and purge JNU.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Because communism in Vietnam means a single party state and no RELIGION. Buddh and Hindu Dharma are not religions. It has been ingrained as a living path for many of them. Though they are externally agnostic or non-religious, they privately practise Buddh and Hindu Dharma.

Simply put, Communism for them is like how Democracy is for us. Just a form of governance based on government control over say and establishments. Not like what the Bolsheviks had in USSR or Mao had in China or Pol Pot in Khmer Rouge era or even Castro in Cuba.

Our communists are nothing but a colonial residue of treachery and bigotry combined.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Daily News on Hinduism, Yoga, Ayurveda and Natural Healing the statue in Vietnam is 4000 yrs old; and guys, this the Communist Party is saying - does it pose serious questions on Aryan invasion theory and also date of civilizational spread of Hinduism to south east Asia?
The kingdom of Champa was a Cham kingdom located in what is today central and southern Vietnam from approximately the 7th century through to 1832, before being conquered and annexed by Vietnam.

Before the conquest of Champa by the Đại Việt emperor Tran[6] Thánh Tông in 1471, the dominant religion of the Cham people was Hinduism, and the culture was heavily influenced by that of India. The Hinduism of Champa was overwhelmingly Shaivist, that is, focussed on the worship of Shiva, and it was liberally combined with elements of local religious cults such as the worship of the Earth goddess Yan Po Nagar. The main symbols of Cham Shaivism were the liṅgam, the mukhaliṅga, the jaṭāliṅga, the segmented liṅga, and the kośa.

Wiki

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Mỹ Sơn is the site of the largest collection of Cham ruins.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Because communism in Vietnam means a single party state and no RELIGION. Buddh and Hindu Dharma are not religions. It has been ingrained as a living path for many of them. Though they are externally agnostic or non-religious, they privately practise Buddh and Hindu Dharma.

Simply put, Communism for them is like how Democracy is for us. Just a form of governance based on government control over say and establishments. Not like what the Bolsheviks had in USSR or Mao had in China or Pol Pot in Khmer Rouge era or even Castro in Cuba.

Our communists are nothing but a colonial residue of treachery and bigotry combined.
Imho besides the reasons given by Tsering-ji above i might add that it gives CPV ( comm party Viet) a solid
and impartial evidence for them to solidify their break with CPC ( comm party CHina ) and any idea of being
a 2nd class version of Chinese civilization, or being a backwater of Chinese civilization and ancestry.

The 4000 link with India, even if is was allegiance gives them solid and historical evidence to link with India rather than China .

It is a prelude of the difficulties with China which ( they correctly assume ) are to come and will help them fight against China whilst avoiding the possibility that they might actually be fighting against a people of their own origin, something east Asians, (especially) would avoid doing.

It is another nail in the coffin to linkage ethnically or historically with China and will help their militarily fight better in the
near future in the SCS and indeed on land if that proves necessary.

and on a slight extension:- so too do many of the other countries of south east Asia prefer to link with India rather than china - and that is gonna be increasingly obvious as the SCS dramas play out . I hope India will not let them down . I personally fell that India has a better chance of fulfilling its role with those south east Asian nations with NDA rather than otherwise.

Last edited:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
The Aryan invasion theory was destroyed by German scientists about three years back when they in their way proved that there was no invasion. On the other hand some east European civilizations actually started as a result of Indians from southern India migrating there thousands of years ago.
Tshering, any links ?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Imho besides the reasons given by Tsering-ji above i might add that it gives CPV ( comm party Viet) a solid
and impartial evidence for them to solidify their break with CPC ( comm party CHina ) and any idea of being
a 2nd class version of Chinese civilization, or being a backwater of Chinese civilization and ancestry.

The 4000 link with India, even if is was allegiance gives them solid and historical evidence to link with India rather than China .

It is a prelude of the difficulties with China which ( they correctly assume ) are to come and will help them fight against China whilst avoiding the possibility that they might actually be fighting against a people of their own origin, something east Asians, (especially) would avoid doing.

It is another nail in the coffin to linkage ethnically or historically with China and will help their militarily fight better in the
near future in the SCS and indeed on land if that proves necessary.

and on a slight extension:- so too do many of the other countries of south east Asia prefer to link with India rather than china - and that is gonna be increasingly obvious as the SCS dramas play out . I hope India will not let them down . I personally fell that India has a better chance of fulfilling its role with those south east Asian nations with NDA rather than otherwise.
The Chinese had a strong cultural heritage but they never could project it outward like the way ancient Indians did.

In fact the Chinese flourished after adopting Buddhism. They were not known to anyone else other than us.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Mỹ Sơn is the site of the largest collection of Cham ruins.
I never really understood that why is it no Indian government every took interest in developing alliances with southeast Asia before and always focused on arabized Muslim countries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles