3D, 2D and mock up military models

timmolntz

3d 2d mock up military

This model I did in 3ds max without detail plans (just from photos).

its basic rendering with few materials
Its not as good as your models.
my poly count is too high.

I have great respect for people who can generate these images

jakojako777

This model I did in 3ds max without detail plans (just from photos).

its basic rendering with few materials
Its not as good as your models.
my poly count is too high.

I have great respect for people who can generate these images
Hmm... if you talk about polycount than you should send wire snapshot or rendering of wire with & without poly smooth on decent resolution(or close up)

I can give you comment even though I can't see what is your problem if you can crate highly detailed model...how com you don't know how to reduce resolution which is much easier thing to do?!?

Did you do it from the scratch?!
Do you have those photos?
You didn't use some low poly model as starter perhaps?
I just don't understand, how can you do much more difficult part than complain about easier things?

Send wire and I'll give you tip (IF model is not to messy!= with very bad structure than it would be to complicated to explain)

But let's not get carried away this is not 3D forum so at the best few tips cause I don't want to turn this thread in 3D school!:sporty55:

jakojako777

Thanks Rage and all others who appreciate the thread !
It's good be cause this is something I like so when people like it it's even much better......:goodstuff:

jakojako777

This is NOT my stuff only some examples of good 3D

We all know which planes were used as "inspiration" for some of these planes...

timmolntz

Jakojako777
I drew the Su30 from scratch. I used quad patch to model the main body. sliders were used for the control surfaces.I made the mistake by using a shell modifier and had to delete many polygons on the inside.
I do not know if the Quad patch was the right way to go.
Thanks for your help

I did some animation using this model and it looks good.

the poly count including weapons is 119,580

jakojako777

Jakojako777
I drew the Su30 from scratch. I used quad patch to model the main body. sliders were used for the control surfaces.I made the mistake by using a shell modifier and had to delete many polygons on the inside.
Thanks for your help

Now I understand.
I'm old school I was convinced that you were working in poly (not patches)
There is solution and I have few tips for you but not now I don't have time(I'll comment it this evening):)

jakojako777

Jakojako777
Thanks for your help

I'll give you here few tips for future (it is up to you if you going to use them of course)
........"using a shell modifier"....

1)It's not problem to apply some tool(modifier) as long as you don't collapse stack(I could see 3DS MAX on snapshot so it's stack) so you can easily go on any previous stage of your work

2) BEFORE you collapse the stack or do some irreversible change to your model ALWAYS save it as SEPARATE file first !

3)If you don't know how to model high precision models without using splines than use patches (but as you've noticed there is problem of CONTROL of resolution the way one wants)Solution for people who work with patches is once model is finished (in resolution closest to one wanted) they must COLLAPSE stack and convert it into poly and only than manually reduce resolution(there is no way I can explain everything be cause every situation require different resolution so you ill must do some test by reducing resolution on different levels and then do test rendering to see which option is the best for you)
There is no magic formula in few words! (that formula comes only with knowledge and experience but can't be explained in few words!)

CONCLUSION

Reduce resolution manually on converted poly and than do test rendering - that is the only way to do it on your own (also see wire of models of some professionals that will guide you in write direction (resolution-wise))
Photo realism model with close up rendering has huge difference in resolution to plane modeled for games for example(don't forget that)
Save SEPARATE files for each irreversible changes!

That's all, good luck! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles