3 muslims Shot dead in hatecrime, North Carolina, USA

Free Karma

Chapel Hill shooting: Three young Muslims gunned down in North Carolina family home - Americas - World - The Independent
A family of three young Muslims have been shot dead in their home in a quiet neighbourhood of North Carolina in the US.

Police have named the victims as 23-year-old Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, his wife Yusor Mohammad, 21, and her sister, Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19. Officers were called to reports of gunshots at 5.11pm at an apartment block largely housing academics and young professionals on Summerwalk Circle in Chapel Hill.

The victims were found shot dead at the scene, while some residents described not even being aware there was an incident until police arrived.

A 46-year-old man, named by police as Craig Stephen Hicks, has been arrested on suspicion of three counts of first-degree murder.

The shooting has been met with an outpouring of anger on social media, where people posting new pictures of the victims studying and playing basketball claimed they had been "murdered execution style".

Some compared the incident to the Charlie Hebdo shootings in Paris, and others called on Barack Obama and senior religious figures to condemn the attacks.

An American football and basketball fan, Mr Barakat was believed to be a dental student at the University of North Carolina and volunteered with a charity providing emergency dental care to children in Palestine. He regularly posted on Twitter, and wrote in January: "It's so freaking sad to hear people saying we should 'kill Jews' or 'kill Palestinians'. As if that's going to solve anything."

The three victims were recently pictured together at the graduation of his sister-in-law, Razan, who ran a blog showing her interest in photography and art.

A community Facebook page set up in the memory of the three victims, called "Our Three Winners", thanked people for their support and said it would carry "official announcements". While it was not immediately clear if it was set up by the family, it carried news that funeral arrangements would follow pending an update from the medical examiner. "It sorrows us all to see what has happened here today," another statement read. "Please rely on each other and remember these beautiful souls in your happy thoughts. Their faith meant a lot to them, and it is in fact what helps us all feel at peace with the tragedy of their murder."

Last night, police were forced to turn away people claiming to be family members at the scene of the crime, saying that they would not be able to confirm any more details until Wednesday.

risten Boling, a UNC student who lives in the building where the shooting took place, told the Daily Tarheel she had been home since 3.45pm but didn't see or hear anything until police arrived. "It was a regular day when I got off the bus," she said. "Now it's chaos and confusion and they're not telling us what's going on.." Another resident, Bethany Boring, said: "It's a really quiet community, a lot of graduate students, professionals and families. I thought it was pretty safe."

The University reportedly put out an alert message to students last night saying that counselling services had been made available. "We know many of you may be feeling unsettled by this news," it said.
Gunman:

Victims:

Most of the mainstream U.S media has not picked up this story yet (or are avoiding?), only some 2 local news channels, and one avoided describing the victims, (apart from the Daily Tareel).

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Religious Intolerance is growing in USA !

With gun culture and a society like USA this is a dangerous scenario.

Neo

Rest in Peace. The gunman looks like a veteran, probably a fcuk up.

sorcerer

Country flag
A response was bound to happen some day. Expected it to happen after BOSTON incident! Took a whie thou.

Isnt USA the land of religious tolerance according to Obama- The preacher?

thethinker

Country flag
Seems more like a lone nut with anger issues but since current trend is all about Paris attacks, expect social media and other outlets to make this look like a pure hate crime.

Chapel Hill shooting: Craig Stephen Hicks condemned all religions on Facebook prior to 'Muslim mass-murder' arrest - Americas - World - The Independent

As tributes poured in for the young family, a Facebook page in Hicks' name showed that he read paralegal studies at Durham Technical Community College and described himself as a supporter of "Atheists for Equality".

A regular social media user, his last three posts were a cute dog video about the Pavlov effect, a viral advert for Air New Zealand involving mountain bikes, and a picture from United Atheists of America asking "why radical Christians and radical Muslims are so opposed to each others' influence when they agree about so many ideological issues".

Hicks' pictures largely consist of images with text mocking religion and supporting atheism, but include images of himself and his wife at Disneyland, what he describes as his "loaded 38 revovler", and himself separately on a quad bike and wearing a suit.

The Germans are coming

I dont care. And I wont change my opinon. Muslims in modern, civilised countries are potential bombs.

And I can see some clear cut hypocracy here. Muslims massacre thousands in Nigeria, murder hundreds in India, Russia, Britain, France, USA and Spain and the muslim world says NOTHING or condones the barbaric atrocities!

But when two or three people get shot by a crazy person, they claim to be the victim.

Screw all muslims!

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I dont care. And I wont change my opinon. Muslims in modern, civilised countries are potential bombs.

And I can see some clear cut hypocracy here. Muslims massacre thousands in Nigeria, murder hundreds in India, Russia, Britain, France, USA and Spain and the muslim world says NOTHING or condones the barbaric atrocities!

But when two or three people get shot by a crazy person, they claim to be the victim.

Screw all muslims!

Because Muslims are speciallllll snowflakes when a family dies they print Family dead ... when a muslim dies they print muslim dead .....
grrr.... don't you know muslims are never resposible for their actions :D

The Germans are coming

Because Muslims are speciallllll snowflakes when a family dies they print Family dead ... when a muslim dies they print muslim dead .....
grrr.... don't you know muslims are never resposible for their actions :D
Yeah. And everyone in the world has to bow down before their special rules on how a society should be structures.

I had enought of these scumbags.

They should pack their bags and move back to the reched third world dumbs in which they are the mayority population.

And I wouldnt mind forcing them back at the tip of a bayonet.

pmaitra

Rest in Peace. The gunman looks like a veteran, probably a fcuk up.
There are veterans everywhere. Not surprising, since the US has been in a state of war for the past several decades.

There are lots of veterans abound, many of them mentally scarred by all the blood, gore, and violence they have been through. These are all walking zombies, and the worse part is, they are incredibly unreasonable - they all have the attitude that they can do no wrong, and I am assuming they were all sent to war after thorough brainwashing that they we fighting America's enemies, these "America's enemies" are actually the victims of American invasions. No wonder there is so much xenophobia in the US. The politicians also do not do enough to stem this. Quite to the contrary.

I have friends in Chapel Hill.

Reactions: Neo

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Yeah. And everyone in the world has to bow down before their special rules on how a society should be structures.

I had enought of these scumbags.

They should pack their bags and move back to the reched third world dumbs in which they are the mayority population.

And I wouldnt mind forcing them back at the tip of a bayonet.
Anschlüsszeit :D ..... In Deutschland Ich hab beobachtet , Leute immer wenden sich an neuen Mosques und Plätzen , wobei Sie diese verrükte Ideologie ausüben und die librale Laune verschmutzen.

Last edited:

Arya Desa

Wow this forum is even more degenerate than defence . pk

topic: RIP, it was clearly a hate crime.

Neo

Screw all muslims!
Once upon a time there was a man who shared same hatred against the jews and commited worst crimes against humanity. It cost him dearly and he saw his country, Der Dritte Reich decimised and humiliated internationaly.

Heil Hitler!

Last edited:

Neo

There are veterans everywhere. Not surprising, since the US has been in a state of war for the past several decades.

There are lots of veterans abound, many of them mentally scarred by all the blood, gore, and violence they have been through. These are all walking zombies, and the worse part is, they are incredibly unreasonable - they all have the attitude that they can do no wrong, and I am assuming they were all sent to war after thorough brainwashing that they we fighting America's enemies, these "America's enemies" are actually the victims of American invasions. No wonder there is so much xenophobia in the US. The politicians also do not do enough to stem this. Quite to the contrary.

I have friends in Chapel Hill.
Many of these veterans have joined police and private security services and we've already seen what they're capable of. Indeed, they are braineashed and transformed killing zombies and the worst is yet to come.

Karma is a bitch.

Hari Sud

Country flag
President Obama, religious intolerances in America. I do not want you to forget these when you wish to pick up a friendly fight with India.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Once upon a time there was a man who shared same hatred against the jews and commited worst crimes against humanity. It cost him dearly and he saw his country, Der Dritte Reich decimised and humiliated internationaly.

Heil Hitler!
So muslims are like Jews :lol:
I don't remember jews being suicide bombers...
Hitler was a bigot and his anti-semeticism was born out of emotional hate...
Islamophobia is born out of rational and logical deduction that muslims are a destructive and primitive people lol ... the whole of muslim world put together can't even produce an IC engine :rofl:

Try your shaming tactics with Leftists :taunt:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The citizens of nations with Muslim immigrants are being pushed to a breaking point although it is still under control but a day might come when Muslim population might be forced to leave these countries due to their own faults. I hear the pride of Muslim men on radio talk shows about growing population of followers of Islam and when they hope to rule countries in Europe. It is up to community leaders to restrain from provoking the people of different faiths otherwise the they will have to face the music.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles