29 dead 100 wounded - China suffers Mumbai style attack

t_co

27 dead in terror attack at Chinese train station

At least 27 dead in 'terror' attack at Chinese train station | Reuters

(Reuters) - At least 27 people have been killed in a "violent attack" at a train station in the southwestern Chinese city of Kunming carried out by a group of unidentified people brandishing knives, the Chinese state news agency Xinhua said on Sunday.

Another 109 were injured, the report added. It said the attack had taken place late on Saturday evening.

State television said on its official microblog that the incident had been deemed a "violent terror attack".

Pictures on the Twitter-like microblogging service Sina Weibo showed bodies covered in blood lying on the ground at the station.

There was no immediate word on who was responsible.

State television said on its official microblog that domestic security chief Meng Jianzhu was on his way to the scene.
Despicable. Hope justice is swift, merciless, and comprehensive.

kseeker

Retired
Re: 27 dead in terror attack at Chinese train station

Knife-wielding men kill 27, injure 109 in China train station - The Times of India

BEIJING: A group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station in southwestern Chinese city of Kunming on Saturday, leaving at least 27 people dead and 109 injured, AFP reported quoting China's official news agency Xinhua.

Earlier, AP reported quoting Xinhua that two people were killed and 18 were injured in the attack carried out by the group.

AP reported that Xinhua did not provide more details about the evening attack at the Kunming railway station in Yunnan province, and the attackers were not identified.

Local television station K6 said that several of the attackers were shot by police and that victims were being transported to local hospitals.

The state-run Yunnan News said that the men were wearing uniforms when they stormed the railway station and that gunshots were heard after police arrived.

The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear, but China has seen a number of mass stabbings and other attacks carried out by people bearing grudges against society. Pictures on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, showed local police patrolling the station.

Bodies in blood were spotted on the ground in the pictures. Doctors were seen transporting injured people to a local hospital.

PTI quoting Xinhua reported that a Weibo user who was dining in a restaurant near the railway station said that she was "scared to death," adding that she saw a group of men in black with two long knives chasing people.

The suspected terrorist attack came ahead of the meeting of the Chinese parliament next week.

The origin of the attackers is not yet known or whether they hailed from northwestern Xinjiang province where China says the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM), an al-Qaida-linked group is stirring up a separatist movement among the ethnic Muslim Uighurs.

Several such attacks have taken place in Xinjiang in recent months as the remote province has been witnessing ethnic unrest between the native Muslim Uighurs and Han Chinese from the mainland for the past few years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Horrific incident. Kill all those butchers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a high time now, China should realise that enemy of enemy is not always friend! and stop supporting sexier than Aphrodite friend Al Bakistan. Guess who is supporting East Turkistan Islamic Movement?

ubuntu

Tihar Jail
Banned

RIP.condolences to families of those died.

ubuntu

Tihar Jail
Banned

"an inhuman terrorist attack".

ladder

Country flag

RIP to the dead. And wishing for early recovery for those injured.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Knife-wielding men kill 27, injure 109 in China train station

BEIJING: A group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station in southwestern Chinese city of Kunming on Saturday, leaving at least 27 people dead and 109 injured, AFP reported quoting China's official news agency Xinhua.

Earlier, AP reported quoting Xinhua that two people were killed and 18 were injured in the attack carried out by the group.

AP reported that Xinhua did not provide more details about the evening attack at the Kunming railway station in Yunnan province, and the attackers were not identified.

Local television station K6 said that several of the attackers were shot by police and that victims were being transported to local hospitals.

The state-run Yunnan News said that the men were wearing uniforms when they stormed the railway station and that gunshots were heard after police arrived.

The motive behind the attack was not immediately clear, but China has seen a number of mass stabbings and other attacks carried out by people bearing grudges against society. Pictures on Sina Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, showed local police patrolling the station.

Bodies in blood were spotted on the ground in the pictures. Doctors were seen transporting injured people to a local hospital.

PTI quoting Xinhua reported that a Weibo user who was dining in a restaurant near the railway station said that she was "scared to death," adding that she saw a group of men in black with two long knives chasing people.

The suspected terrorist attack came ahead of the meeting of the Chinese parliament next week.

The origin of the attackers is not yet known or whether they hailed from northwestern Xinjiang province where China says the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM), an al-Qaida-linked group is stirring up a separatist movement among the ethnic Muslim Uighurs.

Several such attacks have taken place in Xinjiang in recent months as the remote province has been witnessing ethnic unrest between the native Muslim Uighurs and Han Chinese from the mainland for the past few years.

Knife-wielding men kill 27, injure 109 in China train station - The Times of India

mylegend

They are freedom fighters, china should stop atrocities in east turkistan :namaste:
Disgusting, when does killing civilian is a move of freedom fighting? I am disgust by your remark calling terrorists attacker freedom fighters, What is left of you in your empty shell? What a disgrace, I guess we all know your character now. We all know what you are. A disgusting human being that vocally support killing civilian. I guess maybe your meager income is the cause of your grudge. You just happen to choose a country and nationalism to release your anger. I actually feel bad for you.

Last edited:

t_co

Don't know why media is linking this to ETIM; there's been no evidence to support that.

t_co

Also, to @The_Messiah: 27 people are dead, including women and children. ---- you.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

RIP innocent souls.

China should stop supporting pakhanas or this will happen frequently.

mylegend

Hope the victim rest in peace, and hope they victims' family can come back from sadness.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Disgusting, when does killing civilian is a move of freedom fighting? I am disgust by your remark calling terrorists attacker freedom fighters, What is left of you in your empty shell? What a disgrace, I guess we all know your character now. We all know what you are. A disgusting human being that vocally support killing civilian. I guess maybe your meager income is the cause of your grudge. You just happen to choose a country and nationalism to release your anger. I actually feel bad for you.
Also, to @The_Messiah: 27 people are dead, including women and children. ---- you.
Now you understand when your own people are the victims, why do you help same people who have been harming Indians for decades. Whats worse is that you'd still be helping terrorists to harm India and acting like a saint. I am just exposing your hyprocrasy.

t_co

Now you understand when your own people are the victims, why do you help same people who have been harming Indians for decades. Whats worse is that you'd still be helping terrorists to harm India and acting like a saint. I am just exposing your hyprocrasy.
China doesn't help Pakistani terror, if that's what you mean. China tries to strengthen and stabilize Pakistan's society and government, which is profoundly different from helping terrorists harm India. Indeed, China's help to Pakistan is directly opposed to those elements within Pakistan that sow terror across the subcontinent and kill Indians and Pakistanis alike.

Reactions: Neo

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

China doesn't help Pakistani terror, if that's what you mean. China tries to strengthen and stabilize Pakistan's society and government, which is profoundly different from helping terrorists harm India. Indeed, China's help to Pakistan is directly opposed to those elements within Pakistan that sow terror across the subcontinent and kill Indians and Pakistanis alike.
I'm not sure what sort of lalaland you live in, but here in the real world, the Pakistani Army is the source of the funding, training, arming and facilitation of all the terrorists groups directed against India like the Lashkar-e-Toiba, the Hizbul Mujahideen and countless others. China has had close military ties with Pakistan for decades and has helped and continues to help it's nuclear program, which provides insurance cover for the Pak Army to launch terrorists attacks in India such as in Mumbai in 2008, knowing full well that India will not retaliate militarily for fear of the war going nuclear.

Not just that, but China even intervened directly to block the UNSC's efforts to declare sanctions on Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the LeT, who was responsible for Mumbai:

China blocked efforts to put sanctions on JuD, Hafiz Saeed - Economic Times

Indian and US intelligence confirms that Pakistani military intelligence officials played a key role in directing that attack. You and your compatriots on the other hand, have your heads up your asses refusing to acknowledge reality.

Anyhow, India should respond by issuing stapled visas to all residents of Xinjiang and Tibet and offering these freedom fighters asylum.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

I'm not sure what sort of lalaland you live in, but here in the real world, the Pakistani Army is the source of the funding, training, arming and facilitation of all the terrorists groups directed against India like the Lashkar-e-Toiba, the Hizbul Mujahideen and countless others. China has had close military ties with Pakistan for decades and has helped and continues to help it's nuclear program, which provides insurance cover for the Pak Army to launch terrorists attacks in India such as in Mumbai in 2008, knowing full well that India will not retaliate militarily for fear of the war going nuclear.

Not just that, but China even intervened directly to block the UNSC's efforts to declare sanctions on Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the LeT, who was responsible for Mumbai:

China blocked efforts to put sanctions on JuD, Hafiz Saeed - Economic Times

Indian and US intelligence confirms that Pakistani military intelligence officials played a key role in directing that attack. You and your compatriots on the other hand, have your heads up your asses refusing to acknowledge reality.

Anyhow, India should respond by issuing stapled visas to all residents of Xinjiang and Tibet and offering these freedom fighters asylum.
It's a shame that Islamist Erdogan is in power. Otherwise, a sane Turkish govt can collaborate with Indian govt to provide support to East Turkestan freedom fighters who have been brutally oppressed by the Han supremacist CCP.

Neo

This is terrible, how could this happen? How many men attacked the train and how could they kill so many with knives only?
Were they overpowered and captured?

RIP to the dead :sad:

Neo

Don't know why media is linking this to ETIM; there's been no evidence to support that.

Do not waste your time and energy defending or explaining Sino-Pak relation to Indians. They have no rationale nor interest in understanding and their only agenda here is to devide and rule and to demonise us while playing the victim card.
Even if a meteorite hit china, their media and internet warriors wil be first to link it to Pakistan.
They are delusional people with a cumpulsive urge to demonise Pakistan.

I hope your government continues the on going efforts to develop western provinces. This is the only way to reduce poverty and crime and to fight redicalism of the youth.

bose

Country flag

Do not waste your time and energy defending or explaining Sino-Pak relation to Indians. They have no rationale nor interest in understanding and their only agenda here is to devide and rule and to demonise us while playing the victim card.
Even if a meteorite hit china, their media and internet warriors wil be first to link it to Pakistan.
They are delusional people with a cumpulsive urge to demonise Pakistan.

I hope your government continues the on going efforts to develop western provinces. This is the only way to reduce poverty and crime and to fight redicalism of the youth.

There are sizeable population in Pakistan who support the freedom fighters [lets call it stateless actors] in East Tukestan... the reason you know is not the topic of this thread...

Neo

There are sizeable population in Pakistan who support the freedom fighters [lets call it stateless actors] in East Tukestan... the reason you know is not the topic of this thread...
What is sizeable? Do you have stats and links to prove your claim?
I bet 99% of Pakistanis don't even know where East Turkestan lies.

It is offtopic because Beining has not linked it to any terrorist group yet, it's the average overexcited and delusional Indian internet community which is trying to drag us into this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles