270 Pakistani troops killed fighting militants in Tribal Belt

Poseidon

Country flag
270 troops killed fighting militants in Pakistan's tribal belt.
Press Trust of India | Updated: August 16, 2013 18:59 IST

Peshawar: 270 security personnel were killed during operations to flush out militants from Mohmand tribal region in northwest Pakistan, a top official said today.

Major General Ghayoor Mehmood, head of the Frontier Corps, said 170 paramilitary troopers of Mohmand Rifles and 100 army soldiers were killed during the campaign in Mohmand Agency, which borders Afghanistan.

He claimed the government's writ had been restored in the region after successful operations against militant strongholds. Mehmood made the remarks while talking to the media after inaugurating a martyrs' memorial at Ghalanai, the main town in Mohmand Agency.

The terrorists had been flushed out of their bastions and Mohmand Agency was now under the control of the political administration, he said.

The militants, at the behest of their "foreign masters", had challenged the government's writ and inflicted losses on the tribal people, he said.

Mehmood expressed confidence that the Mohmand tribesmen would continue to support the government's endeavours for restoring peace in the region and would not allow anti-state elements to strengthen their roots.

He asked the displaced people of Mohmand Agency to return to their homes without any fear as the government has said it will provide full protection to them.

270 troops killed fighting militants in Pakistan's tribal belt | NDTV.com

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
To put this into perspective, this number is greater than the casualties suffered by Indian Security Forces in Kashmir in the last 5 years. Tribal Belt's Independence must be recognized by all.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
is this related to the tirah valley operation?

Last week i came to know that Ismail jafar from my village also lost fighting the taliban in tirah valley

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Multiple times now there have been operations to flush out militants. Expect one more next year and the year after that.
Next month terrorists will be back again.

Didn't Imran Khan promise no operations against Taliban ? And they'll shoot down drones ? And he'll bring a Tsunami in 100 days ?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
To put this into perspective, this number is greater than the casualties suffered by Indian Security Forces in Kashmir in the last 5 years. Tribal Belt's Independence must be recognized by all.
well sir your comparing kashmiri strone thrower and bunch of crap kashmiri kids with worst quality made ak 47 vs heavy armed TTP taliban.

and also they are from FC.

Twinblade

Country flag

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
well sir your comparing kashmiri strone thrower and bunch of crap kashmiri kids with worst quality made ak 47 vs heavy armed TTP taliban.

Sir, I am comparing the intensity of the Insurgency.
Kashmiris have given up the gun. I guess why ? (rhetorical)

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sir, I am comparing the intensity of the Insurgency.
Kashmiris have given up the gun. I guess why ? (rhetorical)
well not those protestors only

if so is the case than how come india is loosing so much of its troops in kashmir?
atleast once in a week they post a news about a CRF troop killed by militants in kashmir.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

It is an effort of three decades to reduce their capabilities from being Kalashnikov wielding terrorists to stone pelting anarchists. Not to mention Pakistan never missed and chance to revert it back.

If such a scale of offences are on going in those lands then International bodies must interfere in this war or at least have an over watch on Pakistan's deeds; good Pakistanis do not mind intervention of third party in any dispute.

Oh I forgot Pakistani internetiyea and nauseating nationalist last year reacted very badly when a team of UN officials visited to have an Idea of what is happening in Baluchistan in the hindsight of protests and complaints filed by overseas Baluchistan nationals on thousands of missing persons killed by ISI and its sleeper-cells.

They did online character assassination of their foreign minister Mrs Hina R Khar because she revived that team.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
all made in Peshawar ,Islamic republic of Pakistan:p:p

Sir, Darra Adam Khel was where these guns were manufactured. Now this area is under Taliban control.

This is the original Gun Markets of Pakistan Video shot in 2006

This is the 5 year follow up
Watch 20:00 onwards for confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
well not those protestors only

if so is the case than how come india is loosing so much of its troops in kashmir?
atleast once in a week they post a news about a CRF troop killed by militants in kashmir.
Actually No.
2012's casualities figure are as follows 17 Security forces, 84 terrorists and 16 civilians.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Actually No.
2012's casualities figure are as follows 17 Security forces, 84 terrorists and 16 civilians.
what about the past few months..

well if i am not wrong in kashmir insurgency so far 20k militants are killed while 7k police and thousands from indian army(4000?)

compared to PA over all 5k troops been killed against a death toll of 27+k taliban militants

Decklander

well if i am not wrong in kashmir insurgency so far 20k militants are killed while 7k police and thousands from indian army(4000?)

compared to PA over all 5k troops been killed against a death toll of 27+k taliban militants
Let me correct you. Complete IA, BSF, CRPF and RR have been killed now its only the ghosts who are fighting the tangos. What a joke. You seem to have taken your media reports rather seriously.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Compiled figures for 2013 have not yet been released. And as predicted last year, it was expected (and since has come to fruition) that there will be a spurt in violence keeping in mind the Afghan end game.

Only 6k Indian Security forces have been martyred in the last 25 years.

TTP has been in existence for maybe half a dozen or so years. Compare these figures.

Its quite clear that KPK and Tribal Areas are more or less beyond Govt's writ.

Pakistani Nationalist

Funny the talib turds arent even fighting for the BS reason giving u wet dreams...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles