26 January Republic Day 2014 Celebration Thread

Phantom

And Yeah! Wishing Peace and Prosperity to all my Countrymen on the occasion of our Republic Day. May we all take some time to reflect on how we are serving our Republic, and how we can get better at that.

Blackwater

Republic Day: Google doodle, Barack Obama greet India : North, News - India Today
In the US, President Barack Obama extended Republic Day greeting to India, expressing the hope that both the countries will be able to fulfil people's expectations and aspirations for "this truly global partnership".

In his congratulatory message to President Pranab Mukherjee, Obama said the people of America join the people of India in celebrating its inspiring democratic heritage.

"Our partnership has always been guided by our shared values and interests. I look forward to working with you in the year ahead to fulfil our people's expectations and aspirations for this truly global partnership.

Putin congratulates Pranab, Manmohan on Republic Day
New Delhi: Russian President Vladimir Putin Saturday congratulated President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on India's Republic Day and also expressed satisfaction at the "dynamic development" of ties between the two countries.

In a message on the eve of Republic Day, Putin said: "I note with satisfaction the dynamic development of Russia-india relations, which stepped up to the level of special and privileged strategic partnership."

He said he was convinced that through their joint efforts both will "ensure further expansion of the whole spectrum of their mutually beneficial bilateral ties and constructive cooperation in international affairs", said an official statement from the Russian embassy.

UAE greets India on Republic Day
Abu Dhabi: UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Sunday sent a congratulatory cable to his Indian counterpart Pranab Mukherjee on India's 65th Republic Day.

Vice President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Abu Dhabi crown prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan also sent sent similar cables to Mukherjee.

jhoooth, president of UAE is in hospital for heart attack. did he go before or after greeting:lol::lol::lol:

prohumanity

Country flag
Congratulations to 1.2 Billion Indian nationals on this auspicious occasion of Rupublic Day of India. It was great to watch the colorful parade and proud
Indian Militarymen. Unity in diversity in full display.
By the way, why Japanese P.M. closed his eyes when Arunanchal Pradesh tableau were in front of him? Was he saying "Please don't show me this...You know Chinese are also watching."(LOL) May be he was just too tired due to whirlwind tour of Europe and Africa in lase two weeks.
Also, I noticed he didnot smile even once (his wife did smile ) Why the guy is so serious? Lighten up ..dude...you are cool and goodlooking !
Indian leaders were ,also, stone faced..but that's cultural.

pkroyal

Honoured to unfurl the National flag as Chief guest at a function organized by youth undergoing the "Art of Living" Course in jaipur.

Energy was infectious

Cultural programme was outstanding, two indian International stars ( Dhruv, brand ambassador Indigo Airlines on the tabla & Waseem with khartal) & their jugalbandi was awesome.

Surprised to see how everything is a pop culture now, even Nationalism ! 12,000 vacancies for officers in IA & no one spoke of joining the Fauj

Much singing, chest thumping, waving of National flag to " Jai Ho "etc, everything for effect? nothing concrete on ground.

Even the nukkad natak ended with a note of despair, USA is where they wanted to go , well most of them

Self tried two bit worth to raise the spirits, praised the army, reminded our sacrifices, used anecdotes, humour, but it all ended with "bollywood dialogues, songs & general fluff"

Is this what the youth wants?

" Inki dasha kharab hai, kyun ki inke pas disha nahi hain" ( their condition appears pathetic because they are directionless)

Last edited:

pkroyal

Japanese premier from his eyes looks like daru baaj.

BTW i have heard his grand father was also premier in 50ties

Dynasty prevails everywhere from italy to japan

Funny salute by Pranab Da without head gear!:pound:

Some protocol guy has to put the politicians wise about the norms of being the Commander in Chief of the third largest Army in the world:confused:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles