2019.10.1-military parade celebrating PRC's 70th founding anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth manifold

Country flag
You are under military embargo so no.
you know all those foreign components will be localized if given enough time including the engines.
C919 has a back up engine CJ-1000AX in case of a sudden stop of export of Leap-1C from US-France company.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
you know all those foreign components will be localized if given enough time including the engines.
I suppose you could put Russian components on it, but then you already use Russian aircraft so it is not much different. Waiting for China to build a viable turbofan... I don't have that many years.

shiphone

Country flag
it was done like this everytime...but it was the FIRST time to have this 'process' broadcasted via camera

the transforming from the 'Review' to 'March-Past' of a parade...

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Amusing enough.

Isn't it one of basics for military professionals, be it communist or whatever-ist?
March-past is a display of discipline, not precision. If you watch western (or even Indian) marches, the focus is on discipline, not precision. We're trying to show that there's discipline, there are imperfections, but that only shows that the soldiers are humans and free citizens of our countries.

In communist states, the focus on robotic precision is a political message to other states that the guys at the top are in absolute control and their troops will do absolutely anything for them. It's a sort of insecurity on display.

Deathstar

Country flag
Amusing enough.

Isn't it one of basics for military professionals, be it communist or whatever-ist?
But its damn mesmerizing. Though we don't get to see such precision in non communists states.

amoy

March-past is a display of discipline, not precision. If you watch western (or even Indian) marches, the focus is on discipline, not precision. We're trying to show that there's discipline, there are imperfections, but that only shows that the soldiers are humans and free citizens of our countries.

In communist states, the focus on robotic precision is a political message to other states that the guys at the top are in absolute control and their troops will do absolutely anything for them. It's a sort of insecurity on display.
II'd call it professionalism, rather than your in- depth analysis through ideological prisms.

Word play like precision vs. Discipline, or free citizen or absolute control etc. is mind boggling. I don't believe there's 100% precision or perfection. But that's what a professional should all strive for and is worth respecting to perform your best in whatever u are committed to.

Or that may be cultural differences instead of ideological. Maybe it could be traced to the "shame" (or sense of honour / pride) or ""face" ethos. I did see the nuance during my sojourn in India.

bose

Country flag
Remember Chinese people are not our enemy, neither is their culture, we should learn to respect them, both of our civilizations are thousands of years old, there shouldn't be any grudges against chinese people and the community. Its their system of government that has odds with us, let's stick to that. Chinese mindset has been shaped by their 19th and 20th century past and just like us, they have seen a lot of oppression, I have a respect for that, and I am happy for them that they grew stronger out of it. Perhaps one day both of our civilizations would join hands and end the west's monopoly and get rid of muslim cancer.

Though it would have been better if they sticked to more conventional republic or a system that wouldn't have gone to odds with India.
I have noting against your love for China ... please do remember the following.

1. It was China who gave the nuclear and missile technology to Pakistan clandestinely to be used against India.
2. It is China that is illegally occupying Indian territory at Ladhak.
3. It is China that is building roads across the PoK [Indian territory].
4. It is China that is making noises at UN against Indian interest in Kashmir ..
5. It is China that is opposing India in most of the international forums NSGs,UN etc

amoy

But its damn mesmerizing. Though we don't get to see such precision in non communists states.
It takes lots of trainings. Chinese military first modelled on Soviet later on American.

BEsides there're only a few military professionals that are considered on the top - American, Russian and Chinese. Comparisons usually happen among them. In any race u always wanna set the best as your benchmark.

I recently saw a video clip of military marches / parades and did observe a rule. Japanese S. Koreans were doing well too while Mexican Latin... and African... were really lousy from my POV. Obviously CULTURE & HISTORICAL HERITAGE does have a role there.

Last edited:

Bhurki

The comments comes out after seeing the parade ... It is related to parade the way I see it ...

China is a enemy country you like it or not ...
There are no natural enemies to any country. Humans are not animals.
I have noting against your love for China ... please do remember the following.

1. It was China who gave the nuclear and missile technology to Pakistan clandestinely to be used against India.
2. It is China that is illegally occupying Indian territory at Ladhak.
3. It is China that is building roads across the PoK [Indian territory].
4. It is China that is making noises at UN against Indian interest in Kashmir ..
5. It is China that is opposing India in most of the international forums NSGs,UN etc
There are interests and ways to fulfill those interests. China is using PoK to plug its own strategic weakness rather than to flip off India. It needs unhindered access to the middle east and europe. That's the reason it seems like a natural ally to Pakistan.
Its nobody's fault but India's own that the 1962 war was lost, UNSC seat was rejected due to shortsighted thinking of leaders.
China and India were exploited by the same powers, got independent at the same time, and since then have had about 70 years to remake their future.
Its actually an irony how 'communist' China could embrace capitalism in 1978 way before India turned to capitalist economy in 1990.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
II'd call it professionalism, rather than your in- depth analysis through ideological prisms.
Trust me, the British Army, or even the Indian Army, isn't any less professional. Nor do I imply that your army is any less professional.

Our marching columns have men of different heights, with slightly different strides. Communist marching formations consist of people handpicked by height, and sometimes even appearance, just to achieve that 99th percentile of precision.

Word play like precision vs. Discipline, or free citizen or absolute control etc. is mind boggling. I don't believe there's 100% precision or perfection. But that's what a professional should all strive for and is worth respecting to perform your best in whatever u are committed to.
It's not wordplay. Rather, I think discipline and precision sit on the same spectrum of order, the latter is an extreme. At this point, you're no longer striving to look like orderly men, but obedient robots. Both kinds already become professionals once they walk out of the academy. So it isn't a pursuit of professionalism.

Or that may be cultural differences instead of ideological. Maybe it could be traced to the "shame" (or sense of honour / pride) or ""face" ethos. I did see the nuance during my sojourn in India.
Okay, forget about India for a moment. Let me present the British Army (an army so "professional" that it almost conquered the Earth):

^Do you see the imperfections? The disregard for height, the nuances in the strides? Professionalism and discipline are achieved, anything beyond this is just political messaging from the insecure guys at the top.

Illusive

Country flag
today's weather is really frustrating.

J20 and Z20

Z10 and Z19 comabt helicopters

Z20 utility helicopter
Compared to your other days, I would say this is as clear and sunny as it can get in a city which is famous for its smog......or the smog capital of the world :biggrin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles