2014 Defexpo India pictures from Kunal Biswas

Twinblade

Country flag
Dada, is this the same as the Metamorphosis IOB M46 FG or a newer gun? Is Karan 155x45 or 155x52 or is it in its original 130mm configuration?
Kalyani is offering same Soltam upgrade. Kalyani has a tie up with Elbit, parent company of Soltam.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The next lots of picture of will be of IFV, MPV & APC ..

The Fox

Hey @Kunal this is exact what i was wondering looking at DHANUSH with a 45 caliber gun if they remove all the automatic loader and crane and APU they can give our Armed forces with a pretty decent gun comparable to M777 if not the better

Kalyani 155mm of 39cal

The system is projected and its influenced by M777 ..
@arnabmit

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am sure there will be lot of weight reduction but wont be same as of M777 ..

Hey @Kunal this is exact what i was wondering looking at DHANUSH with a 45 caliber gun if they remove all the automatic loader and crane and APU they can give our Armed forces with a pretty decent gun comparable to M777 if not the better

The Fox

well you can always dream of marrying Aishwarya or Priyanka Chopra or Katrina or any other actress but in reality you end up marrying some one else, but still spend your life with them as if there are your dream gal i guess IA should live the life of average Indian for now..... LOL
I am sure there will be lot of weight reduction but wont be same as of M777 ..

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I don't know if this is concept CGI or photo of a prototype.

However, apart from the ordinance, the rest of the system (wheels, suspension, trailer, legs, cradle, recoil etc.) seems to be thinner/leaner/lighter. Inspite of that, if this ULH weighs a ton more than the M777, then they must not be using an all titanium construction.

And, if Baba Kalyani can retain the same basic design and make an all titanium construction, I think we might have a gun even lighter than the M777 (by maybe half a ton).

Kalyani 155mm of 39cal

The system is projected and its influenced by M777 ..
@arnabmit

Jagdish58

Really Awesome :thumb: Looks India will become a global hub for Howitzers if Govt gives a nod for private players on producing 155mm Howitzer

Even Dhanush looks top class , hope soon it gets inducted:thumb:

Kalyani , BMP 2 upgrade is classy , but will the IA give the upgrade contract to Indian company:taunt1: or simply go to the russians who are good at cost escalation & delays:hail:

Defence ministry should change policy and give preference to Indian company:thumb:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Was really busy today, Will post trucks, Infantry gear & Tank ammunition tomorrow ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
British 120mm tank rounds for Arjun MBT

FSAPDS training round

HESH round

120mm rifled bore rounds from BAE
========

When asked, It was told that these rounds are presently offered and in future live FSAPDS ammunition can be offered if there is an demand, As there are only two countries operating rifle bore 120mm guns, Technology and skills can be shared ..

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
@Kunal Bhai: Bhai will there be any purchase orders by the Indian Armed Forces in DefExpo? Can we expect any indigenous purchase of Arms?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles