2012 US Presidential Elections

Who would you vote for, if you were a US citizen ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

pmaitra

I believe Romney actually believes in national health care but the far right has pushed him to a corner where he cant actually do what he thinks best and to me that shows a lack of character.
Of all the Presidential aspirants, no one has shown more character than Ron Paul, and this is a fact for the last couple of decades. I wonder whether you would have voted for him, if he were standing in place of Romney today.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The second debate performance was not the convincing Clintonesque performance needed from Obama, so the election is up for a toss.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
The moderator interrupted and corrected Mitt Romney, but later went on to acknowledge that Romney was factually correct.

The moderator was clearly biased.

Democrats are not losing this opportunity to celebrate.

Link: Obama deflects Romney's challenge on Benghazi attack during Hofstra debate | World news | guardian.co.uk
Did Candy Crowley actually correct herself later on?

Edit: Okay, I have seen the clarification video.

The second debate performance was not the convincing Clintonesque performance needed from Obama, so the election is up for a toss.
I think he still did a fairly good job, definite few brownie points scored. I missed out on the 1st one though which wasn't all that good for him.

But yes, even I was wondering who had done better and then as happens in Indian politics, there was a little too much of rhetoric than discussing the real deliverables and how to achieve those deliverables, and that I think is where the confusion gets created in the minds of the voter.

pmaitra

I will be voteing for Obama mainly because I support national health care. I also believe Romney will take this country along the road to where the rich get richer, eliminating the middle class and growing the number of poor.
I'm sure there are plenty who will benefit from Obamacare, and to be frank, this is hardly a point to score over Romney, but perhaps, living in California, you are not aware.

Obamacare vs. Romneycare: Is there a difference?

In any event, the idea should be to force people to eat healthy, and avoid beer/tobacco/weed/McDonald's/Bojangles/Soda etc.. What Obamacare will do is take money away from those that earn, and fund those that are unhealthy by virtue of their own choices, and potentially unable to work due to habit-induced-disabilities.

Good going! If Obama wins this time, it will surely add credence to the argument that the majority of Americans are fat and obese. In that case, Obama would still be right to be lenient with illegal Mexican immigrants. Hey, with so many fatsos around, who will do the hard work?

pmaitra

US offers $12m reward for al-Qaeda financiers backing Syrian extremists

The United States posted a reward of up to $12 million on Thursday for help in tracking down two Iran-based al-Qaeda financial backers accused of funneling money to extremists in Syria.
[HR][/HR]
The State Department said Muhsin al-Fadhli and his deputy Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi had helped "facilitate the movement of funds and operatives through Iran on behalf of the al-Qaeda terrorist network."

"Al-Qaeda elements in Iran, led by Fadhli, are working to move fighters and money through Turkey to support al-Qaeda-affiliated elements in Syria," the department said in a statement.

"Fadhli also is leveraging his extensive network of Kuwaiti jihadist donors to send money to Syria via Turkey."
Read more: US offers $12m reward for al-Qaeda financiers backing Syrian extremists - Telegraph

[HR][/HR]

Now comes the fun part:

Exclusive: Obama authorizes secret U.S. support for Syrian rebels (Reuters)

Mitt Romney: arm the Syrian rebels (Guardian UK)

Any guesses why it is not that difficult to choose between the two candidates?

Also posted here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/west-asia-africa/20816-syrian-crisis-97.html#post598013

amoy

Watching their 2nd debate, I don't quite get this part of Obamacare

most health insurance plans will cover women's preventive services, including contraception, without charging a co-pay or deductible beginning in August, 2012.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Watching their 2nd debate, I don't quite get this part of Obamacare
"Women's preventative services" are FREE under the Affordable Healthcare Act ("Obamacare"). The Republican candidate questions the need for free women's preventative services for all women.

pmaitra

Ad hominem attack on Romney, a new low for Barack Obama, and his uncouth jeering supporters.

US election: Barack Obama prescribes new condition of 'Romnesia' during rally
US President Barack Obama turned his opponent's name into an ailment on Friday, accusing rival Mitt Romney of suffering from "Romnesia" for emphasising moderate positions rather than the conservative ones he put forward in the Republican primary race.
Source: Video: US election: Barack Obama prescribes new condition of 'Romnesia' during rally - Telegraph

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What does Joe the Plumber feel will be the outcome?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
What does Joe the Plumber feel will be the outcome?
‘Joe the Plumber’ makes rare appearance with opponent Marcy Kaptur « The Chronicle-Telegram - Lorain County's leading news source
Republican congressional candidate Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, better known as "Joe the Plumber," made a rare public appearance with his opponent, U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur, on Wednesday at the candidate night put on by the Coalition for Hispanic/Latino Issues and Progress.

Wurzelbacher skipped a debate with Kaptur, D-Toledo, last week at the Cleveland City Club and said in an interview before the CHIP event that he never received a call from the City Club inviting him to the debate. A City Club spokesman has said Wurzelbacher never responded to multiple attempts to get in touch with him.

Wurzelbacher also has largely avoided the media and said he prefers to go door-to-door to meet with voters in person. He said he wants to avoid being misunderstood or misquoted by reporters.

average american

Ad hominem attack on Romney, a new low for Barack Obama, and his uncouth jeering supporters.

Source: Video: US election: Barack Obama prescribes new condition of 'Romnesia' during rally - Telegraph
I like it, I kind of think of his condition as doublethink,

Doublethink, a word coined by George Orwell in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, describes the act of simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct social contexts.[1] It is related to, but distinct from, hypocrisy and neutrality. Its opposite is cognitive dissonance, where the two beliefs cause conflict in one's mind. Doublethink is an integral concept of George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty

Romney has to think tea party at the same time he thinks for him self. It seems to be causing a personality disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles