2002 Gujarat violence: Godhra, Riots and Verdict

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Daredevil, Apr 14, 2009.

1. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Now this is a personally targeted rant. Did I say your are biased? Dide I take any member's name?

Bias:

1. Silence about 59 Hindus burnt alive.

2. TOI reports 2,000 dead. Figure is about 1200.

3. Every one talks of muslims killed, as if 1/3 Hindus killed were nothing.

4. Hate speeches pof Modi are conjured out of thinn air. But three-earth statement of Rajiv is forgotten.

5. Someone here mentioned Modi had "perverse" advantage. What did Rajiv had.

6. You did not make a general statement about politicians but clearly regretted Modi can never be convicted. And that like you sitting in judgement.

PS: If you are specifically following my posts, then it is stalking.

If Modi is rank communalist as a member here said, why did predominantly muslim electorate vote for BJP in Kathlal?

Last. Am I a biased liar when I say death toll was much lower than 2,000 and 1/3 were Hindus?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

I am going to lock this thread as its doing nothing but vitiate the atmosphere.
    This thread will be opened when the actual report comes out. All other irrelevant posts will be moderated.

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Thank you all!

Locked.

I am sure that once the Findings of the SIT is revealed by the Supreme Court along with its comments, we can commence where we left off.

I am sure that would be more fruitful then, than it is proving to be now.

4. plugwater

plugwater Elite Member Elite Member

5. Yusuf

I guess there was no place to store such unimportant records.

6. pankaj nema

pankaj nema Senior Member Senior Member

Gujarat riots are just given too much unnecessary importance by the secular brigade

There are too many bigger wrongs going on in the country

Just the fact that Narendra modi has really done good work and keeps getting reelected hurts the secularists

Why cant the secular brigade ACCEPT that we Indians have Different DNA

If Bengalis can support Communists for 34 years Why CAN t Gujaratis be staunch BJP supporters

The "milking" of Gujarat riots has stopped yielding results for the Congress

7. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

The media too is involved in this brigade. They simply can not take defeat. Their ego is badly hurt.

They have been shouting against Modi from roof-top and he is getting re-elected with more strength..So their attack is getting more venomous by each passing day.

8. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

What kind of arguing is this ?

I will not accept killing of Indians whether they are hindus, muslims, sikhs, christians etc.

Will you accept if your loved ones are killed ? (just an example...not to be taken literally)

9. plugwater

You two cut the bullshit and tell, destroying evidence is right or wrong ?

10. pankaj nema

@ manc

Well in corruption cases where thousands of crores are siphoned off ; there too all evidence is destroyed

CBI tells the Supreme Court " MY lords the file is MISSING "

The SC just passes strictures but nothing happens after that

Dark_Prince likes this.
  11. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

That too is wrong. No one is defending that.

Does two wrongs make it right ?

12. pankaj nema

@ Messiah

The question is what is the Bigger wrong

Corruption or riots

Corruption affects MILLIONS of people . Because the money that is siphoned off belongs to the teeming millions of this country

So why this obsession with Modi and Gujarat

Modi has been instrumental in Gujarat's and therfore India's growth

Gujarat's success has SPURRED on other competitors like Maharashtra and the southern states

so Overall India has BENEFITTED from Modi

Dark_Prince likes this.
  13. plugwater

See i never defended the corruption by congress and some here are making BJP as our saviors and turning blind eye towards them.
    Have you ever seen any thread regarding the corruption in karnataka by BJP in this forum ?

This thread is about Gujarat thread and you started to bash secular brigade instead of posting something related to thread.

14. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Destroying evidences is wrong no matter who does it. Must be punished.

15. plugwater

TN and Maharashtra are more developed than Gujarat . Gujarat development is just a myth from Media and Modi. Its FDI, GDP are lesser than TN and Maharashtra. Everyday other states are attracting investments but they just done brag about it like modi!!

16. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Guess the sickular liberals and Burkha Dutts can't accept defeat.... ah well denial is a tool in which our neighbor is a PHD. They learn well from them. :lol:

17. utubekhiladi

utubekhiladi The Preacher Elite Member

which media are you talking about? the one that is owned by congress and his 40 thief? :D it is really a sin to say that Gujarat development is a myth :D

i do not want to derail this thread :D start a new thread and invite me for a debate and i will show everyone "what is gujarat?"

18. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

\

Killing of innocent people in the name of religion is not acceptable however its the double standards that drives me mad its seems that many want to portray things not in its entirety hence this is also not acceptable..

1)What caused the Gujarat riots?

2)Do some victims get more recognition than others?

3)Why is it so hard to get NGO who can get FACTS not people like Teesta,Barkha Dutt who are giving the events another turn with a clear agenda..

4)Modi is answerable to Indian court then why this media witch hunt?

5)Is Gujarat the only state where such riots took place what about other states?
    What is so particular about Gujarat and why not other states get similar media,NGO and the usual crowd...

S.A.T.A, Dark_Prince and pankaj nema like this.
  19. Yusuf

People mix up the good work done by Modi with the economy of Gujarat with the things that happened during the riots. Both are separate issues.

No one doubts the ability of Modi as an able administrator and a man with a vision to how to make his state better, but that does not mean anyone can turn a blind eye to any alleged state involvement in the riots. Destruction of all records is certainly no way to go about it and more than anything else will add more fuel to the fire that Modi was an accomplice in the riot.

Modis role as a chief minister after the riots in Gujarat as far as economic development goes has to be separated from all the other allegations.

Anyone demanding answers cannot be called sickular or whatever terms the usual suspects give. Does that mean those who call for justice for 84 riots are also sikcular? The hypocrisy is all too apparent.

And what kind of comparison is between killing of innocent people with corruption? Have you lost people in the riots? I am a gujarati, my close family member was affected in that.
    There is a saying, Jispe beete, wohi jaane. It's all too easy to post wise ones here. Real life is really tough.
    Rioters regardless of their religion have to be brought to justice.

20. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Vital evidence ?

That the Nanavati Commission and the Banerjee Commission did not notice in in the following 5 years ?

Puhleez...there is a limit even in being a lapdog. Don't worry IBN Live this year also the the best News channel award will be given to you.

Mister, that was not even evidence. Let alone vital.

None of the courts, commission had requested the files,logs whatever and in the absence of any such restraining order the Govt was perfectly justified in disposing of them as per law.

TN and Maharashtra were always good performing states with excellent levels of industrialization. Compare what Modi has done to Gujarat before and after his tenure especially in fields of agriculture.

Just days before the brihaspati, P.Chidambaram advised the Sikhs that they should forget the past and learn to forgive , all the while Tytler hopping from one golf club to another.

Leave alone Modi and stop this character assassination.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    Param, S.A.T.A, aragorn and 1 other person like this.