2002 Gujarat violence: Godhra, Riots and Verdict

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Daredevil, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

VIP Please post on this thread. And your comments on the happenings.

2. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

It might be true as i know for a fact that a day before riots broke up. few people were staying in Paldi area where VHP office is there and Haren Pandya was MLA from there. they told he took active part in riots. The excuse of modi has given free hand to all has came on later stages. Police couldnt act as they were outnumbered by the mob led by these kind of leaders.

3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

That was indeed true.Well, I can't give specific names. A'bad's S.P. has to hide in a local's house for half day,he was stuck in a sensitive area.Mobs from both sides were active very much.Police was really scared to counter them.If you live in a'bad, you can understand that how hard to control these fanatics.But I'm really surprised that from last 10 years, not a single incident happened there, no curfew,too.

4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I'll. You can also go through those videos available on youtube.

5. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Yeah, please post the video in the thread. Since I do not subscribe to threads, I might actually miss out watching it as and when you post, and might ask about it again.

6. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Justice is served. Well done.

7. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

India media should now shut their rants against Narender Modi and blaming him for orchestrating 2002 riots. Same is expected from their gullible pseudo secular audiences.

I wish same justice was done to victims of 1984 Sikhs lead by mighty congress-I and its leaders who controls judiciary and law enforcement agencies of this nation.

panduranghari and parijataka like this.
  8. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

9. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Troll Soldier Senior Member

I support this verdict as VIP said it was well known that they were involved.

Anyway so today get ready for the same circus of debates on news channels.

If Teesta coming on any debate then I hope they invite Meenaxi Lekhi to counter arguements.

parijataka likes this.
  10. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Cong silent on cadres linked to Guj riots

Why is Congress silent about the part their party members played in Gujarat riots ? And why is media maintaining a studied silence on this issue ? Can we hold Sonia Gandhi as CEO of Congress party as responsible for the criminal activities of Congress minions in Gujarat 2002 riots just as media and NGOs are holding Narendra Modi responsible for the riots as he was th CM. Can Congress party own up and take action against their own as BJP has done ? The following is an old report.

Cong silent on cadres linked to Guj riots
    Aug 9, 2003, 11.50pm IST

11. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Regular Member

Gujarat riots: Court rejects Zakia's plea against SIT report- Politics News- IBNLive

12. Indianboy

Indianboy Regular Member

HC admits Maya Kodnani's plea against 28 years in jail

AHMEDABAD: The Gujarat high court on Monday admitted an appeal by former minister Maya Kodnani challenging trial court's decision to send her to jail for 28 years in connection with the Naroda Patia massacre of post-Godhra riots.

In her appeal, Kodnani questioned the SIT court's conclusion that she was the kingpin of the conspiracy and massacre. She claimed the lower court came to this conclusion without evidence.

Even the court's upholding of the prosecution's case that there was a conspiracy hatched before the violence was merely based on presumption and assumption.

This is because there is not a single shred of evidence to prove conspiracy with other accused, she stated in her appeal.

A bench of Justice R R Tripathi and Justice R D Kothari admitted the case for final argument on Kodnani's appeal. "We have sought to know how the special court passed its verdict after overlooking certain facts and how was it based on untrustworthy and contradictory statements of unreliable witnesses," said her lawyer Hardik Dave.

In her appeal, Kodnani highlighted how all 11 witnesses who deposed against her before the SIT court were not reliable.

Kodnani also cited witness Zuber Pathan's deposition saying that he was laughing before the court and additional judge Jyotsna Yagnik asked him to behave seriously.

On not disclosing her name during the earlier probe before the SIT, Kodnani has stated that these witnesses were under police protection since 2002; and still chose to reveal her name in 2008 before the new probe agency. The argument that they were under pressure cannot be accepted.

Then minister for women and child development, Kodnani has also questioned the SIT court's decision to uphold the extra-judicial confession by Babu Bajrangi and others in a sting operation.

She has also claimed that the lower court disregarded the evidence supporting her alibi.

Questioning the lower court's appreciation, Kodnani stated that she could not have been convicted without disproving the earlier probe by the Gujarat police.

The SIT never questioned the earlier probe, nor did the court do it.

In August, the SIT court awarded 32 convicts life imprisonment of various terms - from 24 years to life in jail till death for killing 97 persons on February 28, 2002.