2 Gen Pinaka multi-rocket system successfully test fired

Twinblade

Country flag
I am unaware of Pinaka Mk2 hitting 60km range. Dr Chander himself said that the range will be increased to 60 km in a recent interview.
http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/nl/2013/NL_Nov_2013_web.pdf

Pinaka Mk-II rocket can achieve ranges in excess of 66 Km under proper conditions as per the range chart in the first image.

PS: Someone with the knowledge of wikipedia editing, can you please update Pinaka wiki adding the first image as reference?

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
BALASORE (ODISHA): For the second time in two days, India's indigenously developed advanced version of Pinaka, Mark-2 rockets were successfully test fired from a multi-barrel rocket launcher from a defence base at Chandipur, about 15 km from here.

The tests were conducted from the Proof and Experimental Establishment (PXE) at Chandipur firing range No 2, defence sources said.

Chandipur PXE director Appavu Raj told PTI, "A total six rou ..

Read more at:
Pinaka, Mark 2 rockets test fired - The Economic Times

Last edited:

Amrk

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle
Brother Indy, I was reading your post in India's Defence procurement. There I came across this:
The guided version of Pinaka rocket incorporates Inertial Navigation Systems (INS)/ Global Positioning System (GPS) for the mid-course guidance with accuracy of 60m to 80m at all ranges. Post #484
Is this true?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles