1st time in history Finnish Air Force has capability to strike Moscow

SANITY

Re: 1st time in history Finnish Air Force has capability to strike Mos

finland should be worry if that aggressor is russia,

because glory of winter war or kill ratio of some war exercise not gonna help much.
Calm down friend, friend Jouni has nothing against Russia. You are speaking in some of your post the way Pakistanis speak of India. Every milestone India achieves is like a threat to their less than deserving nation. Pay attention to his words and don't make his nation's achievement a matter of power comparison between our friend and their sovereignty. Good Day.

salute

Calm down friend, friend Jouni has nothing against Russia. You are speaking in some of your post the way Pakistanis speak of India. Every milestone India achieves is like a threat to their less than deserving nation. Pay attention to his words and don't make his nation's achievement a matter of power comparison between our friend and their sovereignty. Good Day.
friend you think i'm sentimental,then you should read jouni's other posts of sarcasm in which he was mocking india's achievements and what quotes he have in the singnature bar at the bottom of each posts,

a quote from @pmaitra and winter war.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Striking Moscow is no big deal in theory.

But to evade Air Defence and interceptors and ABMs are what are the impediments.

Further, one has to also cater for the devastating backlash.

If one has all that Systems Go, then yes striking Moscow will be as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Easier said than done is what one would think is the real answer.

jouni

friend you think i'm sentimental,then you should read jouni's other posts of sarcasm in which he was mocking india's achievements and what quotes he have in the singnature bar at the bottom of each posts,

a quote from @pmaitra and winter war.
If my signature bothers you, put me private post request and I remove them.

jouni

Striking Moscow is no big deal in theory.

But to evade Air Defence and interceptors and ABMs are what are the impediments.

Further, one has to also cater for the devastating backlash.

If one has all that Systems Go, then yes striking Moscow will be as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Easier said than done is what one would think is the real answer.
Mathias Rust flew Cessna from Helsinki to Moscow, and that time SU was at the height of it powers. Or so everybody thought.

Country flag

@Razor@sajeevjino

IMO iskanders in kalingrad are a calculated move and a warning to Europe/USA.
Right now we are not overtly being aggressors only placing short range missiles
But we can change that . Maybe topol will be placed in the future?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Mathias Rust flew Cessna from Helsinki to Moscow, and that time SU was at the height of it powers. Or so everybody thought.
Soviet interceptors were never given permission to shoot him down.

jouni

Soviet interceptors were never given permission to shoot him down.
Still Soviet generals were fired and the soviet myth destroyed. That hastened the collapse, psychology effect is the most important. I bet that if needed FiAF could do a strike like Operation Opera towards Russia. In that case also the psychology effect would be the most important.

Operation Opera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Still Soviet generals were fired and the soviet myth destroyed. That hastened the collapse, psychology effect is the most important. I bet that if needed FiAF could do a strike like Operation Opera towards Russia. In that case also the psychology effect would be the most important.

Operation Opera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Then I would have to ask, what Russian target presents a potential threat to Finland which would justify such a strike?

Gabriel92

Country flag

Finland plans to strike Moscow ?
Interesting.

jouni

Then I would have to ask, what Russian target presents a potential threat to Finland which would justify such a strike?
At this stage nothing. In crisis situation military installations, bridges etc. I cannot ever imagine us bombing civilians, even if Russians would.

jouni

Interesting.
Do not worry, I last week realised that we bought latest cruise missiles JASSM and of course I could not help starting to speculate. Russians can sleep in peace.

Last edited:

jouni

Interesting.
Just OT, when are you gonna finish the Nuclear power plant your Areva is building in Olkiluoto? It is already 10 years late. We could bomb that if it is never finished ;)

Gabriel92

Country flag

Just OT, when are you gonna finish the Nuclear power plant your Areva is building in Olkiluoto? It is already 10 years late. We could bomb that if it is never finished ;)

The construction will end in 2016,and it will enter in service probably in 2018 maximum,be patient :D :peace:
Thank you for giving that information......
We will deploy some SAMP/T mamba. :peace: ;)

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

He was detected by the Soviet AD, but permission to launch missile was not given.

Two interceptors were airborne and they thought it to be similar to Yakovlev Yak-12. They were denied permission to engage.

Maybe they did not take action thinking he was a defector and that would be a propaganda coup for USSR.

The radar blip and movement of a Cessna and that of a fighter are two different things.

Several radars have been programmed to recognize the distinct radar signatures of enemy and friendly aircraft. One of the ways it can do this is by processing the radar energy that is returned from the engine duct and the fan blades themselves. Different engines have different numbers and shapes of fan blades. The radar combined with sophisticated signal processing can count the blades and determine the type of aircraft.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If my signature bothers you, put me private post request and I remove them.
Nothing bothers us.

We, at the DFI, are a very tolerant lot and can take the thick with the thin.

If it did bother, it would have been removed since it is not carved in stone.

Carry on regardless.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles