1st time in history Finnish Air Force has capability to strike Moscow

salute

Re: first time in history finnish air force has capability tostrike mo

Hornet's main opponent, the Su-27 - equipment and its different versions have been in use in Russia depending on the source of 260 - 300 machines. Russia will not under any circumstances be able to group all its fleet to a single operation direction, because the country's territorial integrity must be safeguarded also other borders. Let us assume in this line of thought, that the Su-27 - equipment (based on 280 plane) is the event of war the Finnish front 60%. These airworthy calculate 80%. Hornets are therefore faced with 134 modern fighter jets. Since air travel in red air force is longer and the fighters may have to bomb and assault machines with a re-arming the country is slow, calculated flight performance engines 3 / day. Red fighter equipment is thus capable of 400 war take a day.

The air battle in Finland blue Air Force in a position to approximately sixty percent of red fighter combat flight volume. The stock is fairly even level, the difference will be covered by better training, as well as land and sea based AA missiles. In any case, even a simple volumes shows that we are not so outnumbered than you might think

We look for no fight with Russia, just stating the facts.
first these are the things you are telling to assume,

then you only talking about su-27 and making assumptions against su-27 and playing fantasy war,

what about su-24,25.30,33,34,35 and mig-25,29,31,35 the new pakfa-su 50.

jouni

first these are the things you are telling to assume,

then you only talking about su-27 and making assumptions against su-27 and playing fantasy war,

what about su-24,25.30,33,34,35 and mig-25,29,31,35 the new pakfa-su 50.
Read the whole article I posted, it is all there. This argue is useless. Lets agree thst we know our own capabilities and do not want to take anything away from India and Russia, both great countries ( in Russia the country and people, not current politics ).

salute

70 years ago Soviet Union was 300 Million and they could not beat us 3,5 million. Russia today is half of Soviet and Finland is two times bigger. So do the calculation...
what calculations, comparison between finland and russia based on what size of country,

these calculations are based on military power and not on the size of country,

'finland is two times bigger'??? than russia ???,

get your facts correct-russia is the largest country in world,

70 years ago russia was poorly armed and equipped,

but todays russia is not , russia today is a beast with nukes that can destroy whole world multiple times,,

stop living in past of winter war.

Last edited:

salute

Read the whole article I posted, it is all there. This argue is useless. Lets agree thst we know our own capabilities and do not want to take anything away from India and Russia, both great countries ( in Russia the country and people, not current politics ).
wars are not fought with assumptions and fantasies,

they are fought with soldiers and weapons,

you are saying that all the 3000 aircrafts russia have at their disposal with all the other military might of russian army and navy is garbage,

along with their sam's and air defences which maybe in thousands in number, but still useless because they never gonna be able to touch your jets,

and your 50 some fighter jets are invincibles and untouchables that they never gonna have any faults or technical difficulties

and your pilots are superman ,

then you are a child .

jouni

wars are not fought with assumptions and fantasies,

they are fought with soldiers and weapons,

you are saying that all the 3000 aircrafts russia have at their disposal with all the other military might of russian army and navy is garbage,

along with their sam's and air defences which maybe in thousands in number, but still useless because they never gonna be able to touch your jets,

and your 50 some fighter jets are invincibles and untouchables that they never gonna have any faults or technical difficulties

and your pilots are superman ,

then you are a child .
In last war Finnish air force shot down 1600 Russian planes, our Brewsters kill ratio was 29:1. I expect same from our Hornets, in NATO exercises hornets kill ratio was 16:1 against Eurofighters, F-16s etc.

80 per cent of Russian military hardware is from Soviet times, they got max 20 per cent modern tech. Stop arguing! I am not looking for confrontation with anyone!

salute

Because Suri put Nokia back on track, just say the word and Finland will come to your aid if you face peril.
whatever weapons russians have is their home-grown design and tech and built,

whatever aircrafts finland have are given by america,

you cant even save your nokia which actually owned by microsoft (US company) and saved by an indian and you talk about helping india and daring russia.

jouni

Damn you Indians! Is it so difficult for you to understand that Finland is a small peaceloving country!

salute

In last war Finnish air force shot down 1600 Russian planes, our Brewsters kill ratio was 29:1. I expect same from our Hornets, in NATO exercises hornets kill ratio was 16:1 against Eurofighters, F-16s etc.

80 per cent of Russian military hardware is from Soviet times, they got max 20 per cent modern tech. Stop arguing! I am not looking for confrontation with anyone!
in which war finland shot down 1600 russian jets???:confused:

'the winter war',

war exercise is war exercise its not actual war whatever maybe the kill ratio,

russia will be nuking the sh*t out of that country.

Last edited:

salute

Damn you Indians! Is it so difficult for you to understand that Finland is a small peaceloving country!
no buddy india is small peace loving country because it never gonna dare brutal power like russia.

jouni

Re: 1st time in history Finnish Air Force has capability to strike Mos

I did not wanted this thread to become Russia/ Finland power comparison. Just wanted to point out that our air force is almost hundred years old and now for the first time it has not only defensive, but offensive capabilities on par with the best. Agressor should worry, whether he is in Moscow or Copenhagen.

salute

I did not wanted this thread to become Russia/ Finland power comparison. Just wanted to point out that our air force is almost hundred years old and now for the first time it has not only defensive, but offensive capabilities on par with the best. Agressor should worry, whether he is in Moscow or Copenhagen.
finland should be worry if that aggressor is russia,

because glory of winter war or kill ratio of some war exercise not gonna help much.

pmaitra

In that case, you should have written the thread title as "1st time in history Finnish Air Force has capability to strike Copenhagen and Moscow," the two cities in alphabetical order.

The fact of the matter is, your intention was indeed to have a Russia-Finland power comparison.

Country flag

The EU don't want to see the Russian Turboprop equipped subsonic Long range Cruise missiles with circling towards North and Celtic Seas

I sure those so called US Missile shield can't stop all the Russian Cruise Missiles. maybe 2 missile can hit the target if they launch 100 missiles
Iskanders are placed in kalingrad and Russians claim a high success rate against missile shield.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/16/us-russia-missiles-idUSBRE9BF0W020131216

Country flag

Agni 5, India's Longest Range Ballistic Missile, Successfully Test-Fired

India has Agni series missiles which can hit the targets 1000's of kilometers away with precision. Latest missile test of Agni 5 which can hit targets 5000 KM away is tested today.

India is also developing missiles with MIRVs and also have Tupolov 22 bombers at its disposal.

SU 30 MKI can hit the targets 1000s of kilometers away with the help of air to air refuelling.

INS Vikramaditya , aircraft carrier also helps India to strike long range targets.

Nuke submarine INS Arihant with operational K4 missile which can hit 3000 kms is also being developed and tested

Indian rockets have reached the moon and satellite to mars.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

I like how you write "India" to your missiles, not the best for covert strikes, arent they?
Only testing and models for public/media display have India written on them. Actual missile is grey in color and does-not have such unique identifiers.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Iskanders are placed in kalingrad and Russians claim a high success rate against missile shield.

Russia has stationed Iskander missiles in western region: reports | Reuters
Those Iskanderns are Small range Theater Ballistic Missile. Which can strike the target within 500km range .since Ballistic Missiles can travel like a parabola Path. It can be easily Intercepted by the US. recently the US stimulated and Intercepted three barrage of Ballistic and Cruise missile targets using the SM Series Missiles. at 100% interception.

But the Russian Cruise Missile can maneuver and fly at sea Skimming level. So it's hard to detect and Intercept

The Russians only saying this Iskanders are Nightmare to US missile Defence same like Chinese Claiming DF 21 can sink Aircraft carriers :p

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Those Iskanderns are Small range Theater Ballistic Missile. Which can strike the target within 500km range .since Ballistic Missiles can travel like a parabola Path. It can be easily Intercepted by the US. recently the US stimulated and Intercepted three barrage of Ballistic and Cruise missile targets using the SM Series Missiles. at 100% interception.

But the Russian Cruise Missile can maneuver and fly at sea Skimming level. So it's hard to detect and Intercept

The Russians only saying this Iskanders are Nightmare to US missile Defence same like Chinese Claiming DF 21 can sink Aircraft carriers :p
I don't think Iskander follows a parabolic path. It is also mobile on road, so high survivability before launch.

Also @LETHALFORCE : The Iskanders placed in Kaliningrad is a defensive measure against US missile defence shield. The range of Iskander means it can only cover Poland, I think, which means it is defensive deterrence.

Last edited by a moderator:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I don't think Iskander follows a parabolic path. It is also mobile on road, so high survivability before launch.
Whether It's fly through Ballistic or Quasi Ballistic Trajectory the SM series Missiles can intercept it. I sure PAC is not

Also @LETHALFORCE : The Iskanders placed in Kaliningrad is a defensive measure against US missile defence shield. The range of Iskander means it can only cover Poland, I think, which means it is defensive deterrence.
yes No defensive offensive game. US deployed Missile defence near Russian Borders. and Russia Deployed Iskander missiles near to the US positions believing that can bypass the US missile defense bubble

Last edited by a moderator:

SANITY

We have weapons with quite a long reach that covers many nations but it does not mean we are planning war with any nation. Some Indians are emotional bunch. Just ignore the ones who don't try to understand what you say. Glad to know the progress Finland is making and I hope it goes even further. Finland is a peace loving nation and so is India and Russia. Unfortunately, if there is any thread telling new achievements of any nation getting close, equal or ahead of India and/or Russia(even when it's not meant to prove anything), some overly emotional Indians will get you until you accept that you have no upper hand. Better to ignore sentimental guys. Having capability to strike Moscow mean just that and not that it desires to strike anyone.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles