1st time in history Finnish Air Force has capability to strike Moscow

jouni

Ostrobothnia is a region in west of Finland, they have a saying "We woke up to the laughter of the Cossacks". It originates from 19th century when Finland was a Grand duchy of Russian Empire and Cossacks were stationed in the area.

Today this saying means, that if you do not keep your defense up to date, you might once again wake up to the laughter of a Cossack.

Finland bought from US JASSM missiles with range of over 600km. Our Hornets have a capability to strike as far as Moscow. Of course we have friendly relations with our eastern neighbour and I cannot think of a situation where Finland could bomb Russia.

Still, maybe people in Moscow think that it is good to have friendly relations also in the future. Otherwise people in Moscow might "wake up to the laughter of the Ostrobothnians" if they live nearby a military command center...

The Aviationist » U.S. Air Force has approved mass production of the stealthy JASSM air-launched cruise missiles

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: first time in history finnish air force has capability tostrike mo

Is there any chance of war between Russia and Finland?

jouni

Is there any chance of war between Russia and Finland?
No, the price attacking Finland would be too high for Russia compared to what they can achieve. If there would be war between NATO and Russia, Finland would propably be sucked in. I do not see a war between Russia and NATO possible. Russia is too weak.

Also Ukraine like sitation is not possible in Finland, we are too homogenous for that. Still I am happy that our Army is kept strong and compulsory military service is the heart of that.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

No, the price attacking Finland would be too high for Russia compared to what they can achieve. If there would be war between NATO and Russia, Finland would propably be sucked in. I do not see a war between Russia and NATO possible. Russia is too weak.

Also Ukraine like sitation is not possible in Finland, we are too homogenous for that. Still I am happy that our Army is kept strong and compulsory military service is the heart of that.
I think Russia has enough to worry to wards it far east and Ukraine, these days.

jouni

I think Russia has enough to worry to wards it far east and Ukraine, these days.
I would not mind China putting up some pressure on there, maybe help the sitation in Europe.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

I would not mind China putting up some pressure on there, maybe help the sitation in Europe.
I support Russia in this since Russia helped us in 1971 by putting pressure on China.

I also wish there is peace between Finland and Russia.

jouni

I support Russia in this since Russia helped us in 1971 by putting pressure on China.

I also wish there is peace between Finland and Russia.
Ok, then I hope that Japan and US put some pressure on Russia to help situation in Europe.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Ok, then I hope that Japan and US put some pressure on Russia to help situation in Europe.
Russia is not a threat to Europe any more. Russia is on the back foot these days.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

Russia is not a threat to Europe any more. Russia is on the back foot these days.
Russia is a mighty country and our ally .
We want them back to the status where they were earlier ....
Say a decade back.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

why are they conducting long range Air Bombing Patrol over united Kingdom and Portugal

Srinivas_K

Country flag

why are they conducting long range Air Bombing Patrol over united Kingdom and Portugal
These are not cold war days where countries feared about Russian Bombers. Now a days European countries are protected by USA's missile defence shield also they have US Carriers patrolling near by just in case.

jouni

Say a decade back.
I want that also, a decade ago Russia was even weaker than now and relations with west were good.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

And then be erased from the face of the earth with a hairtrigger nuclear retaliation.

jouni

And then be erased from the face of the earth with a hairtrigger nuclear retaliation.
I bet that people of St.Petersburg would love that. So would EU...

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

These are not cold war days where countries feared about Russian Bombers. Now a days European countries are protected by USA's missile defence shield also they have US Carriers patrolling near by just in case.
The EU don't want to see the Russian Turboprop equipped subsonic Long range Cruise missiles with circling towards North and Celtic Seas

I sure those so called US Missile shield can't stop all the Russian Cruise Missiles. maybe 2 missile can hit the target if they launch 100 missiles

Prometheus

first time in history finnish air force has capability tostrike moscow
...........and wipe Finland off the map of the earth

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

Sir Soviet Union helped us back in 1971 and not Russia. International politics is abut what the other party can do for us in future and not about what they did for us in past.

Russia is not as mighty as Soviet Union. Russia treats us like business clients and milks us every time they see fit. Thats not what allies do!!!
Say a decade back.
A decade back Russia was weak compared to today.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

The EU don't want to see the Russian Turboprop equipped subsonic Long range Cruise missiles with circling towards North and Celtic Seas
I sure those so called US Missile shield can't stop all the Russian Cruise Missiles. maybe 2 missile can hit the target if they launch 100 missiles
Western tech and radars are more advanced than anything in Russian inventory.

USSR was dismantled in early 1990's. From then on the gap between the West and Russia has been increasing. The missile defence shield and the threat US carriers and NATO offer are enough to secure Europe.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

Sir Soviet Union helped us back in 1971 and not Russia. International politics is abut what the other party can do for us in future and not about what they did for us in past.

Russia is not as mighty as Soviet Union. Russia treats us like business clients and milks us every time they see fit. Thats not what allies do!!!

I agree till certain extent but the point is that when no one supported they did.....

milking money or no money they did help....

Remember they vetoed for us on many occasions.

We were ready to pay to any country but none was interested but Russia always came out in our support...

Srinivas_K

Country flag

If there is any country that can provide counter weight to Chinese aggression against India, it is Russia.

The same goes for Russia also, India and Russia are ideally situated sandwiching China to deal with any threat originating from China. So Russia and India value their friendship.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles