1962 India China War

Discussion in 'Military History' started by truthfull, May 7, 2010.

1. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

hope you read well, what @pmaitra said

2. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

1962: Why the IAF was not used

My source is Air Marshal RS Bedi. Check the fourth and eleventh paragraphs.

3. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Scans for brainstorming ..

=========================

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. Kunal Biswas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will post more after lunch ..

mayfair likes this.
  5. Kunal Biswas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued in next post >>

mayfair likes this.
  6. Kunal Biswas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Read it carefully, This is good insight ..

mayfair likes this.
  7. Flipo

Flipo New Member

The narrative around the India-China war delves a lot into India not using the Air Force, with many critics citing that as the reason for India’s defeat. The one-month long war was fought only by the Indian Armed Forces.
    [​IMG]
    He further asserts that Indian Army had provided viable military options to the government of India. He writes that while Lt Gen SSP Thorat showed a set of plans about requirements on the border to Krishna Menon, he dismissed them as alarmist and never showed them to Nehru. Nehru is known to have, in the aftermath of the war, taken a look at the plans when he called Thorat to meet him, but it was obviously too late.

aditya10r, TrueNeo and mayfair like this.
  8. pawan812

pawan812 Regular Member

China and India are two big powers in the region. They should develop a strong friendship, together they can be a world power.

we should get over 1962 war. Together we should develop the economic center of the world in this area.

9. TrueNeo

TrueNeo Regular Member

Chinkies following in US footsteps of world domination and sees us as an irritant in its way. With a comparatively superior military and about 5 times greater economy, they won't deal with us an equal basis. They also boast of themselves inside PRC as culturally and historically superior race and Han Indians. We can only deal with them once reaching close to or at par with them economically and militarily.

10. Pinky Chaudhary

Pinky Chaudhary Regular Member

Plus CCP considers us as natural enemies for being democratic....

TrueNeo likes this.
  11. Rahul Prakash

Rahul Prakash Regular Member

Democracy does not work very good for us,we managed because we were not mad Muslims.

Pinky Chaudhary and pawan812 like this.
  12. pawan812

pawan812 Regular Member

The dynamics of relationship could be regional development and prosperity. We can be like Canada and USA.

13. Adioz

Adioz शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति Senior Member

Bottom of the Andaman sea planting mines for PLAN

Movie on 1962 war. Seems legit.

steel, Haldiram, hit&run and 3 others like this.
  14. Violent peaceful

Violent peaceful Regular Member

of course coz commies are epitome of truth. We go by what our men say and chinkis and their ass lickers can bitch and moan all they want.

jadoogar likes this.
  15. captonjohn

captonjohn Regular Member

One thing I learned from reading 1962 history. A bad leader can destroy a whole nation quicker than a hostile nation with a bigger army. I wish Nehru was not so brainwashed about the idea of peace. I wish Nehru could consider the reality rather than focusing on his so-called idealistic approach.

This was not the war, this was a betrayal NOT from China but from our leaders who didn't do what they should. This is a lesson that people should not choose those as their leader who is not realistic and practical.

16. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Bugger off you cheeni c*nt. Go poop elsewhere..

17. captonjohn

captonjohn Regular Member

I agree with some of your points like Nehru did make a mistake to push forward policy under US influence. Any policy should be made only if that aligns with the interests of the nation and that's where Nehru failed to see the reality. I believe on some evidence where Nehru pushes the further Sino-Indian border and intrude into the Chinese side.

However, with all due respect, I disagree with the justification of the Chinese attack on India in 1962. There is the piece of pieces of evidence available that suggested that Chinese assault was motivated by the will to 'Teach India a lesson'. Chinese army infiltrate several times inside the Indian border and India can take it as aggression. The situation is similar like it was at the time of Nehru except roles being changed. Now China is pushing Indian forces. Despite what would you accept any justification if India launches any assault by surprise? That can never be justified anyway.

Regarding Indians are smart or not, I don't know on what context you are talking about but, I believe Indians are equally as smart as any other like Chinese or US or European. That is the reason US is making VISA rules harder for Indian's and Chinese right?

18. nimo_cn

nimo_cn Senior Member Senior Member

I learned that Bollywood is gonna launch two movies about the sino India conflicts in 1962 and 1967, "Subedar Joginder Singh" and "Paltan".

19. Pinky Chaudhary

Pinky Chaudhary Regular Member

You guys got lucky by attacking us sneakingly but ended up losing 700+ soldiers, next time it won't be that easy cuz now we are aware of your trecherous nature.

aditya10r, Sandeep0159 and Srinivas_K like this.
  20. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

Always wondered:

A) Why PRC returned and retreated in the east after coming inside. Bloody nose? was it something else

B) Why didn't PRC do the same in the west (i.e. Aksai Chin) - on what grounds was that - access and connection to other parts?

The above have wide and broad interpretations and still valid today. It is also known what happens when anyone tries to invade and attack bharat - a point of thought ... but another point of thought is the area is connected to bharat ... and finally is the point of thought on the actual history of PRC before 1962 and after. the one before 1962 many says was much closer and better. was it ... and there comes the gentleman in india that arrived the dalai lama who benefited - and finally is the areas in tibet open to access and something else ... not today but for generations (if i was PRC i dare not build a house and permanent structure there)