15000 youth turn up for Indian army recruitment camp

agentperry

Jammu: Braving cold conditions, nearly 15,000 youths have turned up for the ongoing Army recruitment rally in Akhnoor border belt in Jammu district.

"Despite rains and cold conditions, there is an overwhelming response of candidates for the Army recruitment rally," officiating Defence spokesman of Jammu, S N Acharya, told reporters here today.

"Nearly 15,000 have turned up so far at Akhnoor and another 5,000 to 7,000 are expected on December 8," he said.

The Army Recruiting Office, Jammu, is organising an Army Open Recruitment Rally at Akhnoor from December 4-10, Deputy Director General Recruiting (Punjab and JK), Brigadier Vinod Raizada, said.

The first phase of the rally, which would be completed tomorrow, started with an aim to recruit youths from five districts of Jammu region.

These districts are Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Rajouri and Poonch, he said.

J&K: 15,000 youths turn up for Army recruitment

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What doe IA offer to potential recruits as an incentive to enlist?

bhramos

Country flag
thats not the answer.
is their any Dal mein Kalla!!!
as of untill now spoke with lot of youth from the J&K in UK, nobody say they are Indians, if you ask boy where are you from they say they are Kashmiris, nobody will tell you Indians!!!!!!!!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Most of the youth who want to join the Army are coming from poor rural backgrounds. They have limited education, what little education they received did not prepare them to compete against the millions of urban youth with college degrees. Since manufacturing industry is non-existent in these areas, (mainly due to years of conflict and difficult geography) the chances of finding un-skilled labor is remote.

So, the options for them are either emigrate to an urban center and look for un-skilled jobs there or join the agricultural labor force. Both of these are uncertain in terms of job availability, risky in terms of income stream and offer very little material rewards beyond basic survival.

Compared to this, the Army offers a stable profession, more material comfort (yes! true) and definitely better financial compensation.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
is their any Dal mein Kalla!!!
as of untill now spoke with lot of youth from the J&K in UK, nobody say they are Indians, if you ask boy where are you from they say they are Kashmiris, nobody will tell you Indians!!!!!!!!
Well, most of the J&K youths living in the UK are from the rich families who either ran away in the very beginning and never associate themselves with the sub-continents anyway or they are the brain-washed jihadi-type who think an independant state of Kashmir is possible (with Pakistan and China on two sides). You cannot compare those a-holes with the average J&K youth in India.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The US Army makes a big deal about giving recruits money for college. Too big a deal, in my opinion, because it detracts from a recruit's understanding of the Army's primary mission. Just my opinion, but I know there was a problem with Army Reservists who were very surprised by being mobilized for Desert Shield/Desert Storm.

KS

Bye bye DFI
What's the big deal..?

Note : It's from Jammu..not from Kashmir.

Already tens of thousands are there in the JAKLI, Dogra Reg & JnK rifles..

Galaxy

Country flag
Good news.

But we need 2 more strike corps in J&K and Assam/Nagaland respectively as soon as possible. (N-E corps already finalised)

Param

What's the big deal..?

Note : It's from Jammu..not from Kashmir.

Already tens of thousands are there in the JAKLI, Dogra Reg & JnK rifles..

True, IA needs to change its recruitment policies. Currently far more recruitment happens in some regions when compared to others.
The news report is giving an impression as if the recruitment happened in the Valley.

Martial Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State Pct of Population Pct of Soldiers Over Representation "Martial Races"
Punjab 2.4% 16.60% +538% Jat, Rajput, Dogra, Gujar, Kamboh, Saini, Tarkhans[26][36]
Uttar Pradesh/Uttarakhand 17.0% 15.58% -8% Thakur, Ahir/Yadavs, Pahari Rajput, Jat, Ror, Gurjar[26]
Haryana 2.2% 7.82% +255% Jat, Ror, Rajput, Ahir/Yadavs, Gujjar,[26] Sikh, Saini
Maharashtra/Goa 9.5% 7.64% -20% Maratha, Mahar Gujjars
Rajasthan 5.5% 7.04% +28% Rajput, Ahir/Yadavs, Gurjar,[26] Jat
Kerala 3.1% 5.38% +74% Nair
Madhya Pradesh 7.9% 5.13% -35% Ahir/Yadavs, Gujjars, Thakur
Bihar 10.7% 5.13% -52% Rajput
Tamil Nadu 6.2% 5.09% -18% Thevar, Yadavs
Himachal Pradesh 0.6% 4.68% +680% Thakur Gujjars
Andhra Pradesh 7.4% 4.08% -45% Yadavs
Assam & North-East India 3.8% 4.05% +7% Gorkha, Meitei
West Bengal 7.8% 3.63% -53% Bengali
Jammu and Kashmir 1.0% 2.92% +192% Jat, Dogra Rajput Gujjars
Karnataka 5.1% 2.81% -45% Coorgese, Bunt
Gujarat 4.9% 1.48% -70% Rajput, Ahir, Charan, Gurjar[26]
Orissa 3.6% 1.27% -65% Khandayat
Delhi 1.4% NA NA Ahir/Yadavs, Jat, Rajput, Gurjar,[26] Saini

KS

Bye bye DFI
True, IA needs to change its recruitment policies. Currently far more recruitment happens in some regions when compared to others.
The news report is giving an impression as if the recruitment happened in the Valley.
Frankly I don't mind where they recruit from as long as they are doing their job correctly.

If some people are over represented in Army the others are over represented in the Research organisations like HAL,DRDO,ISRO etc...

I think it complements each other.

Param

Frankly I don't mind where they recruit from as long as they are doing their job correctly.

If some people are over represented in Army the others are over represented in the Research organisations like HAL,DRDO,ISRO etc...

I think it complements each other.
Those institutions are not part of armed forces.

PS:If a coup happens who would matter more, the ones with guns or the ones with lab instruments?:D

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
The US Army makes a big deal about giving recruits money for college. Too big a deal, in my opinion, because it detracts from a recruit's understanding of the Army's primary mission. Just my opinion, but I know there was a problem with Army Reservists who were very surprised by being mobilized for Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
What works in the USA does not work in India - in the USA higher education is expensive - so the army can use it as a possible incentive. In India higher education is essentially cheap/ free - so that is not an incentive. On the other hand, a career in US Army is probably too much for an average american - they want short shifts and then move onto civvy life with a better lifestyle. In India the rural civilian lifestyle is not as good as the military lifestyle, so people like to make a career out of the Army.

KS

Bye bye DFI

PS:If a coup happens who would matter more, the ones with guns or the ones with lab instruments?:D

I know...but the martial race is very well entrenched in the Army and is not going any time soon...

BTW if a coup happens and if something negative occcurs we can always launch the missiles which are built here...

:arjun::lca::brahmos::agni:...all arre built here :D

W.G.Ewald

Professional
What works in the USA does not work in India - in the USA higher education is expensive - so the army can use it as a possible incentive. In India higher education is essentially cheap/ free - so that is not an incentive. On the other hand, a career in US Army is probably too much for an average american - they want short shifts and then move onto civvy life with a better lifestyle. In India the rural civilian lifestyle is not as good as the military lifestyle, so people like to make a career out of the Army.
I read this in India Defence Review.
Unit School

You may be surprised to know that every unit has a small school where classes are held regularly for jawans and NCOs to educate and prepare them for various examinations. Army education examinations are equivalent to matric or middle class in standard. Various education standards must be attained for promotion from a jawan to an NCO and from an NCO to a JCO. These coaching classes prepare jawans to attain laid down standards.
A good system.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

I know...but the martial race is very well entrenched in the Army and is not going any time soon...

BTW if a coup happens and if something negative occcurs we can always launch the missiles which are built here...

:arjun::lca::brahmos::agni:...all arre built here :D
They are all built in India.

stop your regionalist bs :frusty:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles