15 suspects detained after attacking police in China

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
15 suspects detained after attacking police in China

Source: Xinhua | July 6, 2014, Sunday | ONLINE EDITION
FIFTEEN pyramid selling suspects have been detained after they assaulted and wounded three police officers in southwest China's Sichuan Province, authorities said Saturday.

The attack occurred at around 7pm Friday when the three police officers were trying to bust a pyramid selling ring in Lizhou District of Guangyuan City, but were attacked by its members.

The assaulters tried to snatch the policemen's batons and guns. Police officers shot and injured one attacker after firing a warning shot.

The injured suspect and three police officers are receiving treatment in hospital, according to the Lizhou district government.

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment primarily for recruiting other people into the scheme, rather than providing any real investment or sale of products to the public. Pyramid selling is outlawed in China but still operates underground in some areas.

15 suspects detained after attacking police in China | Shanghai Daily
A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public

It seems that the Chinese police are bearing the brunt.

Ingenuous way to get rich quick. The lure for quick money and greed is insatiable.

Even in such a highly regulated and monitored country as China, there is no respite. And in China, it sure is more difficult because of the sudden economic progress of the people coalesced with the genetic urge for making a quick buck.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why do the Chinese people value money so much – things embodied by money
Once 20 years ago, I and my spouse were discussing using our two-year-old daughter's money for emergency use, but when she heard our conversation, she started to cry. When I asked her why, she replied: "I love money!" It dawned on me that Chinese people were born money-lovers! Even if not born with the love for money, Chinese people are subject to the traditional culture of wise money management!

Five thousand years of wisdom have led Chinese people to be aware of the value of money as a kind of converter. For example, our hard labor today is turned into money, which can be saved and passed on to our children and grandchildren, who can then enjoy the fruit of our labor. Therefore it is the wisdom of Chinese people to "love money", as money can represent our energy, resources, time, even life, health, peace, love and emotions, etc. "Sweat money" is a daily term in our lives.
http://www.ccfellow.org/Common/Read...&Pid=22&Version=57&Cid=226&Charset=big5_hkscs

It just bothers me how whenever we go shopping or buy something or want to do something, my husband complains about how much this or that costs, almost as if it was the most important thing in life. My friends and family think he's so weird because of it. And it's almost impossible for me to explain cultural differences to people who have never experienced the culture in China. When they want us to go do things with them on a whim, like go watch a movie, my husband will say he'd rather stay home and watch one and save the money and gas. Which is totally okay with me, really, it's just that when we were dating he would do anything with me without hesitation.

I was just really surprised how he changed a lot when we came to the States"¦ I am SO proud of him for getting jobs and working hard and I really do not mean to complain. I just wanted to get your take on this, and see if there's something you can suggest to me in responding to my husband in a way that he knows I both care about him and saving money. When he's worried about finances, and I try to smooth things over by saying, "Honey we're fine, everything will be alright," he gets upset and says that because I just don't care, or something to that effect.
http://www.speakingofchina.com/ask-the-yangxifu/chinese-husband-cares-about-money/#.U7kDKPmSxGQ

That is why you will see Mercedez Benzes outside their porches of their fabulous houses, but inside it is more stark than the minimalist or minimalist lifestyle.

Outward show, inward, no go!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles