12-hour power cuts are back in West Punjab

Blackwater

LAHORE: If summer comes, power cuts cannot be far behind. Twelve-hour loadshedding came back to torment the country on Saturday as the mercury hovered around the thirties in southern Punjab and Sindh while plants with a combined capacity of over 3,000MW remained idle for one reason or the other.

Power generation remained restricted to around 8,800MW for the better part of the day and touched 10,000MW during peak hours (from 6pm to 11pm), leaving a gap ranging between 4,000MW and 5,000MW. Planners were left with no option but to enforce 10-12 hour load management in major cities.

According to an official of the National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC), the demand during the day was around 13,000MW. The peak hours added 1,500MW during the evening. The generation, however, was much lower for a variety of reasons.

An instant increase in demand came because of the rising temperatures in Sindh and southern Punjab. Karachi recorded a maximum temperature of 35 degrees Celsius, Hyderabad 32 degrees and Larkana 29. Even Bahawalpur and D.G. Khan went close to 30 degrees Celsius. People in these areas have switched their fans on and, in some cases, even air conditioners.

It has added to the demand around 3,000MW instantly. On the other hand, plants of over 2,000MW though available but remained idle because they are neither getting oil nor gas for the last many days, even weeks in some cases. Even available ones were not being run while plants of around 1,000MW were on routine maintenance.

"This gap could have widen grossly had provinces not drawing water heavily to save their standing crops," says an official of the NTDC. They are getting around 80,000 cusecs, which are released during the peak hours to generate additional electricity.

The power planners fear the worst to come in the coming days, as both dams were depleting fast and may hit the dead level in a week's time, leaving the entire generation to a paltry run-of-the-river flows and widen the gap between demand and supply.

"It is just the beginning of a very bad and long summer," says an official of Pakistan Electric Power Company (Pepco).

The company, along with all generation and distribution arms, is preparing for the worst summer for a number of reasons — declining recoveries, mismanagement at the top level, receding writ of the state and un-dependable generation, he said, adding: "Of all, the mismanagement is the top cause. None of the companies operating in the sector has professional management.

All of them are being run by ad hoc heads who are more interested in saving their jobs and pleasing bosses than concentrating on their work.

"Ever since the present government took over, its campaign against theft has been a stupendous failure. The bill recoveries have dropped to 86 per cent.

The tariff issues in AJK and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa still persist. None of the heads of any power company has been appointed.

All these factors are haunting the sector and would continue till government shows commitment to the sector," he concluded.

12-hour power cuts are back - DAWN.COM

Blackwater

jinne lahore ne dekhya oh jamya nahi"" anybody who has not seen lahore is not born yet""

with 12 hour power cut in west punjab, loki jamne baand ho jane ha
:lol::lol::lol:

@ neo which part oF pak watan r u from???

thethinker

Country flag
Does this mean they won't be able to watch cricket and celebrate wins at all? :thumb:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Not good. Dam, of course lower people will hate on Punjab.
Why the fcuk should we care about Pakjab? I have concern for Ludhiana or Jalandhar, but why the fcuk should I care about the vermin of Lahore or Faisalabad?

"Lower people" are the shameless buggers with zero self-esteem who talk of pappi-jhappi and bhaichara with Pakjab even after being screwed over by Pakjab and Pakjabis.

Blackwater

Why the fcuk should we care about Pakjab? I have concern for Ludhiana or Jalandhar, but why the fcuk should I care about the vermin of Lahore or Faisalabad?

"Lower people" are the shameless buggers with zero self-esteem who talk of pappi-jhappi and bhaichara with Pakjab even after being screwed over by Pakjab and Pakjabis.

pls refer the quote in post no 2.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned

Lower people, are non-punjabis.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Lower people, are non-punjabis.
The lowest of the low are Khalistani coward bhagodas who yap on the internet sitting 15000 km away from Indian shores. Scoundrel Khalistanis who tried to divide Sikhs and divide India are the lowest scum creatures in existence.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Lower still are Bangaloreans who use Khalistani as generic term for I don't like that guy and he's more manly than me.

Toodles, ;)

agentperry

Lower still are Bangaloreans who use Khalistani as generic term for I don't like that guy and he's more manly than me.

Toodles, ;)
there is no tax on using comma , and full stop .
you can freely use them when you write.
the lesser developed beings like us can then understand your statement better

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
there is no tax on using comma , and full stop .
you can freely use them when you write.
the lesser developed beings like us can then understand your statement better
Bangalorean is highly developed though.

Against air pollution Khalistani.
Against corruption Khalistani.
Against British rule Khalistani.
Against partition Khalistani.
Against Bangalorean Khalistani.
Against himself Khalistani.

I think he just needs to, participate in p*ssy riot. Seems, to be his kind there.

:)

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Mods :mod:

Please check this ID ---> SinghSher1984

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Stop double posting you illiterate. .

And, mouse and Singh are a contradiction..

Please report to media, India advanced so much even our rocks can use computer.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Stop double posting you illiterate. .

And, mouse and Singh are a contradiction..

Please report to media, India advanced so much even our rocks can use computer.
You are not just illiterate but a Big IDIOT as well since DFI has a temporary issue with double posts.

You are a mouse for sure and making squeaky noise as well.

Change your ID to ---> Khahistani-Loser-Mouse.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am sure they can get the Chinese to do something about that. now that the Chinese are their sole soul support.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
GeedadBhagodaKhalistani1984 should be a better username for him.
I haven't gone anywhere, we both know you will never step into a Punjabi village saying the anti sikh stuff you say.

This is jalandhar, amritsar, kapurthala, etc last December.

Don't claim to love something, you can't measure up to.
http://m.imgur.com/c4tOqx3,nkfWn03,NAIJSpK
It is again happening due to police injustice.

Instead of addressing it, you try to suppress Sikhs? That is retardness.

In past, police would make fathers and daughters sleep. In revenge people would become warriors against state.

If you would not do that, you are coward. Let's see if my fan club will keep following me thread to thread for no reason.

I will say no more here,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles