11-month child brutally beaten by his nanny in Pune

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
CCTV catches nanny beating up baby

PUNE: A baby-sitter was caught on the CCTV torturing an 11-month-old boy in Narhe on May 7.

The Dattawadi police on Tuesday arrested Baby Laxman Patole, 42, a resident of Ramtekdi in Hadapsar, following a complaint lodged by the parents, who work in a BPO.

"My wife and I have to work night shifts. So, to look after our son we hired Patole from a city-based agency about seven days before the incident," the boy's father told Times of India. Patole was clearly told about her working hours. "We also told her that our flat is under CCTV surveillance and that she should remain alert," he said.

The parents, however, realized the baby was not happy with Patole. "He would cry aloud when we left for work. This made us suspicious, so we checked the CCTV footage. We were shocked. On the night of May 7, my son was crying as he could not sleep. Patole switched off the light and also pulled the curtains. She then slapped my son. When he cried loudly, she threw him on the bean bag and flung him holding his hands," the father said.

Patole was not aware that the CCTV cameras had night-vision facility.

"Despite being dark, the cameras recorded everything. When we questioned Patole, she did not accept it. So we lodged a complaint with the police," he said.

The Dattawadi police had initially registered a non-cognizable offence. But on Tuesday they arrested Patole under section 23 (Punishment for cruelty to juvenile or child) of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act.

A cognizable offence has been registered and investigations are on, said senior inspector S S Nimbalkar.

He would cry aloud when we left for work. This made us suspicious, so we checked the CCTV footage. On the night of May 7, my son was crying as he could not sleep. Patole switched off the light and also pulled the curtains. She then slapped my son. When he cried loudly, she threw him on the bean bag and flung him holding his hands.

CCTV catches nanny beating up baby - The Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles