11 Dead in Shooting at French Satirical Weekly's Office in Paris

Neo

Of course he will said that since more often the object of Charles Hebdo sattire is the Christian church. BUt does he advocate killing cartoonists?

The Vatican also protested when the book and later movie "Da Vinci Code" were released. This fictional work would no doubt be considered extremely blasphemous by the Christian church and believers, but were anyone killed or firebomb by it?

He also said: "If my good friend Dr. Gasparri says a curse word against my mother, he can expect a punch," Francis said, throwing a pretend punch his way.

"It's normal. You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others."

It's an action-reaction thing. His advice is to respect the religious sentiments and not to provoke eachother.

sorcerer

Country flag
It's an action-reaction thing. His advice is to respect the religious sentiments and not to provoke eachother.
He also meant provocation doesnt lead to killing people.
That was more of a pun intended sort of way. BUt I pity the way terror , the action-reaction and killing are getting justified by drawing parallel to a harmless pun intended gestures.

Even Pope would never have thought his harmless words will be used by apologists to constitute a support for terrorists and their actions..

Neo

He also meant provocation doesnt lead to killing people.
That was more of a pun intended sort of way. BUt I pity the way terror , the action-reaction and killing are getting justified by drawing parallel to a harmless pun intended gestures.

Even Pope would never have thought his harmless words will be used by apologists to constitute a support for terrorists and their actions..
I never justified the killing of innocent people in Paris or anywhere in the world. It's a shame that this human tragedy is being hijacked by xenophobes to bash Islam and shamelessly promote their agenda. Bashers, hate mongers or apologists, all are equally evil from my point of view.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
He also said: "If my good friend Dr. Gasparri says a curse word against my mother, he can expect a punch," Francis said, throwing a pretend punch his way.

"It's normal. You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others."

He forgot the basic teaching of Jesus Christ: "when somebody slap your left cheek, offer your right cheek." That reaction that the Pope said and what you are harping now is the animalostic reaction of humans. We are supposed to be passed that now.

ladder

Country flag
[tweet]556066250238210048[/tweet]

[tweet]556069456947212288[/tweet]

OK hostage situation is over.

[tweet]556082996999380992[/tweet]

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Religion is an idea/ideology and ought to not have any sanction from FoE.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Jewish schools in Belgium closed on Friday because of terrorist threat in the country

BRUSSELS/ANTWERP (EJP)---Jewish schools in Brussels and Antwerp will be closed on Friday because of increasing terror threat against sensitive targets, one day after a vast anti-terrorist police operation in Belgium against jihadists returning from Syria.

Belgian police killed two men who opened fire on them during one of about a dozen raids on Thursday against an Islamist group that federal prosecutors said was about to launch "terrorist attacks on a grand scale". The decision to cancel classes in Jewish schools around the country was taken after a security analysis made by the internal security service of the Jewish community on the basis of the available informations, reports said. According to Antwerp's Joods Actueel Jewish magazine, Israel's Mossad intelligence service, which advises Israeli embassies in countries with important Jewish communities, took part in the security analysis.

Around 40,000 Jews live in the country. Belgian Magistrate Eric Van der Sypt told reporters Thursday's the suspects were on the verge of committing a major terrorist attack in Belgium. He told an emergency press conference that that Belgium's terror alert level was raised to its second highest level. Coming a week after Islamist gunmen killed 17 people in Paris, including 4 Jewish men in a kosher supermarket, Belgium's police operation fuelled fears across Europe of young Muslims returning radicalised from Syria to commit terror attacks. But the Belgian probe had been under way before the Paris attacks and Belgian officials saw no obvious link between the two. In May 2014, an Islamist terrorist, Mehdi Nemmouche, who had also joined jihadist groups in Syria before returning to Europe, killed four people in the Brussels Jewish Museum

sorcerer

Country flag
I never justified the killing of innocent people in Paris or anywhere in the world. It's a shame that this human tragedy is being hijacked by xenophobes to bash Islam and shamelessly promote their agenda. Bashers, hate mongers or apologists, all are equally evil from my point of view.
But justifying the actions of terrorists as simply as a reaction of provocation is according to me shameless.
Bashers, hatemongers its all a reaction to condemn such justifications.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
After losing just few people France is crying to get help from all the world to be united against terrorism. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gunman holds 2 hostage in post office outside Paris: Police - Hindustan Times

"The fight against terrorism must be international," French foreign minister Laurent Fabius said. "Everybody must act: France, Europe and every country." - See more at: Gunman holds 2 hostage in post office outside Paris: Police - Hindustan Times
Very interestingly Pakistan govt is OFFICIALLY against France.This PROVES Pakistan supports killings of French and supports Terrorism.:thumb:

Ripples were visible in faraway Pakistan where about 200 protesters clashed with police outside the French consulate in Karachi after a demonstration against Charlie Hebdo turned violent with at least three people suffering injuries.The rallies came a day after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif led parliament in condemning the cartoons, regarded by many Muslims as offensive.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag

What pope Francis forgot to mention was that in the event he punched Dr. Gasparri, the latter would be fully justified in suing the good pope's ass because civilized societies do not tolerate assault, period. Mind you the pope has been rightfully called out for deploying the "wife beater's defense".

I think this argument needs to be taken in the context of the society in where this incident occurred. Western Europe, and particularly the French, have a long standing tradition of using satire and political cartoons to broach sensitive topics that pertain to their society. Keeping this in mind lets take two facts into consideration:
  1. Muslims who willfully live and/or migrate to Europe (usually to get away from their own stagnant/failing draconian societies) are responsible to educate themselves of this fact (how French use humor).
  2. By migrating to France in massive droves, Muslims have automatically brought Islam into the French public sphere.

The publishers of Charlie Hebdo did precisely what they were paid to do... carry on a French tradition of using humor and satire to address France's social issues. The last time I checked the pope wasn't French either, so I'm not sure how much of an authority he is on the topic. Furthermore the pope never issued any decrees to incite violence upon the editors of Charlie Hebdo when they issued the topic of Catholicism (another French social issue).

Neo

What pope Francis forgot to mention was that in the event he punched Dr. Gasparri, the latter would be fully justified in suing the good pope's ass because civilized societies do not tolerate assault, period. Mind you the pope has been rightfully called out for deploying the "wife beater's defense".

I think this argument needs to be taken in the context of the society in where this incident occurred. Western Europe, and particularly the French, have a long standing tradition of using satire and political cartoons to broach sensitive topics that pertain to their society. Keeping this in mind lets take two facts into consideration:
  1. Muslims who willfully live and/or migrate to Europe (usually to get away from their own stagnant/failing draconian societies) are responsible to educate themselves of this fact (how French use humor).
  2. By migrating to France in massive droves, Muslims have automatically brought Islam into the French public sphere.

The publishers of Charlie Hebdo did precisely what they were paid to do... carry on a French tradition of using humor and satire to address France's social issues. The last time I checked the pope wasn't French either, so I'm not sure how much of an authority he is on the topic. Furthermore the pope never issued any decrees to incite violence upon the editors of Charlie Hebdo when they issued the topic of Catholicism (another French social issue).
The message he delivered is the only thing that matters to me: There are limits to free expression. The apologists will try to go analystic on what he said but there is no doubt about his plea for mutual respect and tollerance.

prohumanity

Country flag
Ancient Indian civilization believed in "SARV DHARMA SAMBHAV" means one should respect other peoples religious sentiments just like one respect his/her own religious sentiments. Mocking any one's God or Prophet is hate speech in my opinion. It creates only more anger and hatred and drags all of us down to lower level of humanity. A great civilization like India always believed in respecting and not hurting other people's cherished religious beliefs and feelings.

Reactions: Neo

sorcerer

Country flag
The message he delivered is the only thing that matters to me: There are limits to free expression. The apologists will try to go analystic on what he said but there is no doubt about his plea for mutual respect and tollerance.
DOes that limit to free expression has any categorization when it comes to burning Bible which happens quiet a lot of places in Pakistan.
Or why is it that the limits are highlighted and danced up on when its happen to islam or koran?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles