100 Christian homes burned by mob in Lahore

Awesome

Most internet Pakis (except a selected few) are the worst hypocrites in the world, and are among the most shameless people on the planet. They keep yammering about Gujarat riots, which happened way back in 2002. While in their own nation, such riots take place every month, sometimes every week.

The member who replied to you (@Awesome) was chest-thumping on another forum: "Modi needs to hang, Modi needs to hang". By that yardstick, almost every local/district level leader in Pakistan needs to be hanged for the continuous atrocities, riots, pogroms and genocides that happen in Pakistan on a bimonthly basis.
I am anti-capital punishment. Modi needs to be jailed. Nothing would please me better to see such scumbags jailed.

bose

Country flag
This is one of the sacred duty of each and every Pakistanis in the land of pure to clean the country of all dirt and evil.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I am anti-capital punishment. Modi needs to be jailed. Nothing would please me better to see such scumbags jailed.
What has he done to harm the idea of Pakistan that you want him jailled ? It is afterall your forefathers who said Muslims can not live in India and propogated idea of Pakistan.

Like most of your rulers he has not entred from the backdoor neither thrust from US ? KSA but is a popular elected leader.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
You need to be consistent in your views or just admit that you have the habit of trolling in your own forum.

Let us keep aside the fact that Modi has been exonerated by the highest courts of our land of any direct wrongdoing. If Modi needs to "hang", almost every Pakistani provincial and district-level politician needs to hang. Don't you agree?

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
pakistan is becoming hub of extremism, and hell on planet earth
I am reminded of what Thomas Hobbes described the savage state of humans and at which one can find Pakistan today - everyman against everymen. They just need a reason to burn each others..

"Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man. For war consisteth not in battle only, or the act of fighting, but in a tract of time, wherein the will to contend by battle is sufficiently known: and therefore the notion of time is to be considered in the nature of war, as it is in the nature of weather. For as the nature of foul weather lieth not in a shower or two of rain, but in an inclination thereto of many days together: so the nature of war consisteth not in actual fighting, but in the known disposition thereto during all the time there is no assurance to the contrary. All other time is peace. "

Awesome

You need to be consistent in your views or just admit that you have the habit of trolling in your own forum.

Let us keep aside the fact that Modi has been exonerated by the highest courts of our land of any direct wrongdoing. If Modi needs to "hang", almost every Pakistani provincial and district-level politician needs to hang. Don't you agree?
That's from 2010. I have since shifted my views on capital punishment. There was a great episode of Boston Legal that contributed towards this shift.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It could be a case of land mafia, trying to evict Christians and then appropriating the land for themselves
You may not be wrong in your assumption. Riots are a time people with vested interests hide behind the mob and get their work done. My cousins shop in Gujarat was burnt by people jealous of him and his business during the 2002 riots.

amoy

That's from 2010. I have since shifted my views on capital punishment. There was a great episode of Boston Legal that contributed towards this shift.
wow Boston Legal is one of my favourites, that eloquent Allen. so which episode, as it spans 5 or more seasons?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Singh

It is possible that the land mafia is behind it, but the Blasphemy Law is a real wet blanket!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Muslims in general are becoming more and more intolerent to other religions every where be it in india or pakistan or in any other part of the world.Muslim youth are ddriven by the fundamentalist ideas thanks to the american war against terror.
This is the same men who had made violent protests all over the globe against alleged disrespect of quran by US forces.If they couldn't bear disrespect to their religious sentiments ,then they better dont do such things to others also...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
=ALBY;693535 Muslims in general are becoming more and more intolerent to other religions every where be it in india or pakistan or in any other part of the world.
One side of story is that Muslims countries the world over do not cater for democratic aspiration or representation of the aspirations of the citizens and the other side of the problem is poverty of the population of the Muslims countries like Pakistan. Just see the outburst of the spring revolution on one side and the supression of rights in KSA. Religion becomes a focul point and not the reason for dischantment.

Muslim youth are ddriven by the fundamentalist ideas thanks to the american war against terror.
religions mostly propogate fundamentalism. In many societies that fundamntalism is set aside by modern education and exposures, cross cultures and modern day economic requirements. Unfortunately modern secular education is not the fortre of most of the Muslim countries. Basically Islamic political controll over the masses is aim of those societies which derives the population more towrds religion to seek solutions to their aspirations.

American war on terror could be one of the factors but these fundamentalist tendies exists for hundreds of years. Need of continuity of the regimes in Muslims countries is the biggest culprit.

This is the same men who had made violent protests all over the globe against alleged disrespect of quran by US forces.If they couldn't bear disrespect to their religious sentiments ,then they better dont do such things to others also...
The poor, neglected, insecure, left behind masses express their resentments on deliberately directed issue rather than focus on real issues.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
All this Islamic terrorism problems started after 9/11

America had probably introduced terrorism to this world by 9/11

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh

It is possible that the land mafia is behind it, but the Blasphemy Law is a real wet blanket!
Yes, they are operating under the cover of Blasphemy Law.

In Pakistani Punjab, every other week there are cases of some vested parties alleging blasphemy.

However, if there was no Blasphemy case, we cannot argue that this mindset would not exist. There is a massive Islamicization of Pakistani society, and blasphemy laws are an effect of that and not a cause.

==

Muslims in general are becoming more and more intolerent to other religions every where be it in india or pakistan or in any other part of the world.Muslim youth are ddriven by the fundamentalist ideas thanks to the american war against terror.
Its because Muslims society is in a flux, and they have a narrative of muslims being victims.

Another point, Muslim nations and their rulers are some of the richest and most powerful nations and people resp, but Muslim society is divorced from this wealth and power.

Blackwater

Drunken row' between two friends sparked Pakistan's anti-Christian riot

LAHORE: A drunken row between two friends was the trigger for blasphemy allegations that prompted a mob of angry Pakistani Muslim protesters to burn more than 100 Christian homes, police and witnesses said.

More than 3,000 Muslims rampaged through Joseph Colony, a Christian area of the eastern city of Lahore, on Saturday after allegations that a Christian had made derogatory remarks about the Prophet Mohammed three days earlier.

Blasphemy is a hugely sensitive issue in Pakistan, where 97 per cent of the 180 million population are Muslims, and even unproven allegations can trigger a violent public response.

Police said they had arrested more than 60 people over Saturday's attack and Pervez Rashid, spokesman for Punjab provincial government, told Geo television that "culprits would be tried in anti-terrorist courts".

Sawan Masih, a Christian sanitary worker, was arrested on Friday after his Muslim friend Shahid Imran complained he had made blasphemous remarks about the prophet. The arrest prompted many Christians to flee, fearing a backlash.

The senior police official for the area, Multan Khan, said Masih and Imran had been friends for many years.

"They used to sit together and drink together almost every evening. They were drunk on Wednesday when they had some arguments," Khan told reporters on Saturday.

It was during the argument that Masih allegedly made the blasphemous remarks, Khan said.

Local resident Altaf Masih, also a sanitary worker, said "while they were drunk they had an argument over discussion on religious issues".

Spokeswoman for Punjab police Nabila Ghazanfar said four senior officers including Khan had been removed from their posts for "negligence" and "failure to control" the mob.

No-one died in Saturday's violence but it is the latest in a series of attacks on minority communities in Pakistan this year, following four bloody bombings targeting Shiite Muslims that killed more than 250 people.

Those who lost their homes stayed in makeshift camps overnight and protested on Sunday outside the charred wreckage of their homes.

Rights campaigners say Pakistan's strict blasphemy laws, which can carry the death penalty, are often used to settle personal disputes and should be reformed.

The legislation came under international scrutiny last year after 14-year-old Christian girl Rimsha Masih was held for three weeks in a high security prison for allegedly burning pages from the Koran. The case against her was eventually thrown out.

Punjab government spokesman Rashid said the families affected by Saturday's violence would each receive 200,000 rupees ($2,000) compensation, and the authorities would pay for repairs to their homes.

Tahir Ashrafi, president of Pakistani Ulema (religious scholars) Council, condemned the attack saying Islam did not permit such violence.

"Resorting to arson on mere speculations is immoral, illegal and Islam does not allow this," he said.

'Drunken row' between two friends sparked Pakistan's anti-Christian riot - The Times of India

Blackwater

All this Islamic terrorism problems started after 9/11

America had probably introduced terrorism to this world by 9/11
That your prospective of terrorism. According to us, it all started by EX ISI CHIEF hamid Gul in 1988

Awesome

wow Boston Legal is one of my favourites, that eloquent Allen. so which episode, as it spans 5 or more seasons?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Remember the one where he goes to the Supreme Court to get a man off death row?

Awesome

What has he done to harm the idea of Pakistan that you want him jailled ? It is afterall your forefathers who said Muslims can not live in India and propogated idea of Pakistan.

Like most of your rulers he has not entred from the backdoor neither thrust from US ? KSA but is a popular elected leader.
I was a younger man when the Gujrat riots happened and as I saw the charred bodies of our people I vowed to keep speaking up against Modi till he dies or die and I will continue to do so.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles