10,000 Soldiers opted for premature retirement in Indian Army

blank_quest

Country flag

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Jawans should be making Rs 20000 base pay, do away with allowances and just give them what they deserve. Person who decides to have a family or go to school should be no more deserving of cash than a man who likes to be alone and relish his own time.
I agreed with this.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Esprit de corps (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why to do away with allowances.. its the perk they should get! plus the decent basic pay..
Because allowances short change jawans as many do not qualify for this or that allowance. Everyone should qualify for the same money and no one should have an advantage over the other. It can be part of corruption as some can be given preference over others. The only difference should be pay grade and combat pay which should no longer be catagorised as allowance. Just raise the salary and let soldiers decide how they want to spend it. No perks = less corruption.

agentperry

Jawans should be making Rs 20000 base pay, do away with allowances and just give them what they deserve. Person who decides to have a family or go to school should be no more deserving of cash than a man who likes to be alone and relish his own time.
you know an ias officer have basic pay of 15600 only and is entrusted to take care of entire district. govt job salaries are very less but jobs under govt that is in psu is pretty good- an executive trainee in any of the maharatna and navratna psu is having salary of 24900 basic pay with many more perks included.

though physical task of jawan and mental task of an ias or ips officer can be matched and jawans salary should be atleast raised to 15600 mark

agentperry

Answer these Questions which is based on your Quite:

1. What is the average premature retirement in the force ( Solider + Officers ) vs the recruited In the same time, visa verse.. ?

2. Does housing and other facilities are free or paid ? If paid then how much for Soldiers and officers by rank ?

3. What is the rate of Suicides overall in Army compare to US / Russian Army ( anyone ) ?

You are making some serious allegation to Indian forces, I cannot tolerate these nonsense, As this forum is Indian and pro Indian Gov i can ask you for fact to back your claim..
sir i tried to get exact and recent facts but lack of sources which can not be refuted made me post 2004-2006 stats only

Premature retirement by officers in Army and IAF
Rajya Sabha
he year wise data on the number of Army /Air Force offices who have taken premature retirement (PR) in the last three years (except Army Medical Corps, Army Dental Corps and Military Nursing Service) is given as under:-

Year

Army Officers

Air Force Officers

The number of officers who applied for premature retirement during the year 2006 is as follows:-

Army Officers - 811

Air Force - 220

The main reasons for taking premature retirement by the Army / Air Force officers are:-

(a) Non empanelment for promotion

(b) Being placed in a permanent low medical category.

(c) Compassionate reasons such as to look after ailing parents / children / siblings, resolve marital discord, attend to litigation, look after ancestral property etc.

this is from rajya sabha site public information bureau

you yourself can see the reason officially stated by the retiring gentlemen and you yourself know the no of officers joining indian army every year.

we all are aware of the recent trend too.

and the article itself stats that 10315 retirement in one year ie in 2011. so i need not say more

mroeover suicide rates in russian and american forces is simply out of context because its not private sector that infosys doesnt pay me good so i will join hcl. its simply not like that. a dissatisfied russian wont join indian army.
so i feel that such comparison doesnt make sense.

i myself is not aware of suicide rate in american and russian army. but again american army is fighting active war on foreign soil and indian army like russian army is fighting militancy

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
sir i tried to get exact and recent facts but lack of sources which can not be refuted made me post 2004-2006 stats only

Premature retirement by officers in Army and IAF

Rajya Sabha
he year wise data on the number of Army /Air Force offices who have taken premature retirement (PR) in the last three years (except Army Medical Corps, Army Dental Corps and Military Nursing Service) is given as under:-

The number of officers who applied for premature retirement during the year 2006 is as follows:-

Army Officers - 811
Air Force - 220

you yourself can see the reason officially stated by the retiring gentlemen and you yourself know the no of officers joining indian army every year.
we all are aware of the recent trend too.

and the article itself stats that 10315 retirement in one year ie in 2011. so i need not say more,moreover suicide rates in russian and american forces is simply out of context because its not private sector that infosys doesnt pay me good so i will join hcl. its simply not like that. a dissatisfied russian wont join indian army.

i myself is not aware of suicide rate in american and russian army. but again american army is fighting active war on foreign soil and indian army like russian army is fighting militancy
I have asked these :

1. What is the average premature retirement in the force ( Solider + Officers ) vs the recruited In the same time, visa verse.. ?

2. Does housing and other facilities are free or paid ? If paid then how much for Soldiers and officers by rank ?

3. What is the rate of Suicides overall in Army compare to US / Russian Army ( anyone ) ?

This means you dont know what exactly talked and blame Army for ..

Further like a senseless being you are saying that you told all these nonsense of yours to Navy chaps..

agentperry

I have asked these :

This means you dont know what exactly talked and blame Army for ..

Further like a senseless being you are saying that you told all these nonsense of yours to Navy chaps..
i have stated the no of people leaving army for 4 years 2004-7.
you asked for rate i gave you the rate.
take an average.

you asked for the facilities they are given- i have stated the real time complaints of the army that too by the army people and acknowledged by the govt.

mister your stand has no value but the stand of retiring people and that of govt have. so i have stated their stand.

in case i havent answered you question please re phrase your question in easy words

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There cannot be more easy my questions can be ....

You running around with baseless claim against an Gov Institute and people who serves day and night for the nation, This is a utter insult to them,Even people who are in DFI, Senior rank as high as Brigadier and Generals so does Soldiers..

I have nothing to add more..

Very Unfortunate..

agentperry

There cannot be more easy my questions can be ....

You running around with baseless claim against an Gov Institute and people who serves day and night for the nation, This is a utter insult to them..

Even people who are in DFI, Senior rank as high as Brigadier and Generals so does Soldiers..

I have nothing to add more..

Very Unfortunate..
i have stated facts straight from indian govt site.

pib.nic.in

they have identified the problem themselves.

i have high value for our countries armed forces but the problem is pointed out by our govt itself.

more over i have liberty to atleast put my point thru article 19.1a of our constitution which cannot be taken away.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You have accused Army of certain things, I have asked for the proof ? My questions are there above..

i have stated facts straight from indian govt site.

pib.nic.in

they have identified the problem themselves..

This was not the answer rather not even half..

Its waste of talk, you get proper proof to back your claims, we will talk then..

Last edited:

agentperry

You have accused Army of certain things, I have asked for the proof ? My questions are there above..

This was not the answer rather not even half..
sir i have been answering you rather in a bit different manner. yes you have asked something else but what im trying to point out that even be it substantial then also we are seeing people getting away from such prestigious and high value organisations.
still
lieutenant is given pay band 3(rs 15600-39100) along with grade pay 5400 and MSP 6000
along with that they get following allowance
field allowance 4200
transport allowance
house rent 10-30% of basic pay
dress allowance 14000 initiallly then 3000 every 3 yrs
kit maintenance 400 per month
allowances may change
further allowances are given depending on type of posting

and now comes another factor which i leave on you to determine- its related to so many cases going on in court of law and army tribunal against the senior officers by the junior officers

Vikas Sharma

Increasing number of soldiers retirement is a issue. But according to what I had experienced, directly or indirectly its about his/her family.

For saying people do respect Army and Army Officers but a soldier is never respected like that. They normally say, arey fauji hai koi. This thing might vary from place to place but still it is there. A soldier when he get leave or few days or a month. He has to meet his relatives, spend time with family and solve the problems of the family or make his own house. Civil Administration is not co-operative with them. If just can't go against him, coz he don't have time to file complaint and wait for them to action. Also this will effect his other works also. He many times has to pay, to make them do his job faster.
Also there are other people out there in society who are jealous or have sought of things with there family, so they also try to intervene into there work like making your house on your own land and they will inform PWD department about this that the main road is obstructed. There are many other problems also faced with civil administrations.
When a soldier is in peace area like attached with NCC battalions or NCC headquarters. They have to send part-2 orders and fill pay slip(don't remember exact terminology but used to fill it everymonth for payment.) So if they are on TD, the don't get payment.

Everyone know how hard is for a soldier to survive without payment. Though he had back-up but still. Like in a recent case of K. Muthu, a jawan from a military engineer regiment who didn't got pay for 8 months. My dad didn't got payment for around 3-4 months. He is guy who do his duty, so during his time in NCC posting, guys who flatters senior officers were not sent to TD. And almost every month my dad was sent. Sometime twice a month. Many times he didn't got pay.
But still he did his duty with honour and respect and still do.

These are just few, there are lots more problem which is faced by many of our soldiers.

If some rule is passed that Civil Administration should consider an Army soldier application and solves it ASAP. And counselor for education of his children or other things. Then this might help in solving problems. Also leave application should be taken seriously. Many times senior officer doesn't consider the application.

On the other hand people who are corrupting Army should be punished as fast and as hard as possible. Yes the above things were faced by my dad and my family. These are just few.
Soldiers always says that agar hum yaha pe unki surksha kar rahe hai toh vha pe woh bhi surkshit honge. But its not always true.

But still Army is Army and Soldier is Soldier... for him safety, honour & welfare of your country comes first, always & every time.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My dad didn't got payment for around 3-4 months.
Before 2007-8 payment were deliver as cash, But after that it goes to bank as banking system is widespread in force..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
when indian army have nothing special to do then why to maintain such high level of forces? to eradicate militancy enough force is there on borders, i think more than even required.
even forces of new zealand are involved in serious nato operations while indian army is asked to duck cross border firing. its not a question of pay or scuffle but long term stigma of being related to an organization having headless chicken as head
The answer to that is that you may have a PhD, but after a few years, if you are asked a very detailed and a tricky question, will you be able to answer the same with total detail as required by the one asking that question?

Being ready to take on an enemy is a tricky affair and there is no one situation with a one single answer. Experience and continuous training is an absolute requirement.

Therefore, to be able to take on an active enemy i.e. 'armed peace' one cannot compare the same with NZ being in NATO.

What is wrong with early retirement?

These people can come back again if need arises.
No.

They can't.

The Army is not a theoretical exercise. It is a practical hands on effort.

Further a Maruti worker sacked, if he is recalled after a few years, will still have to go through orientation because he may have forgotten the nuts and bolts of his job and also not accustomed to the new techniques and the tools.

So, it is more technical a problem for the Army since it is a question of lives and instant decisions!

In my time, people did not leave in hordes and if I should now be recalled, the changed psychology will be the biggest challenge, let alone organise them to face the enemy!

since when you have become arrogant?

not a single person from my college went to army recruitment for officers despite the fact the money and facilities offered by amry is way more than most of the pvt companies.
if no body want sot be officer then soldiers are way too oppressed. being patriot is good but you are becoming nationalist like nimo or ajtr
If your friends did not join the army, what's the big deal?

This country is still free and therefore Nimo is no answer to the problem!

they all qualified for ssb.
secondly leave aside my friends- vacancies running in multiple of 10000 and soldiers, officers leaving forces at a pace they are not being replaced should make some one think that something is surely wrong in the basic structure. who wish to leave a permanent job offering rupte in society and almost everything for free be it house or wheat flour. that too in the middle of recession and slow down.

rising suicides, dissatisfaction with the job. the list is an abyss.

like you even it makes me sad to see the state our protector. i dont believe in demeaning our forces but instead of turning blind eye one shoudl look into the matter
Check those sites I gave on the environment in the Army and LIC.

Maybe you will get the answer.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles