1 Gbps comin soon Mumbaikars

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2prada

Paaji(Singh) remember you told me about this company once, Hayai, when we were bitching about bad internet in India.

They have already set up shop and have supposedly started limited services to certain customers for testing. There is a chance the customer service will be even better than what Airtel provides or at least that's what the COO says. CS representative will not Bull Sh!t about problems.

The company is represented by mgcarley. He's got ~5500 posts under his belt and is available at India broadband forum.

The COO,
http://in.linkedin.com/in/mgcarley
He uses the same name in India broadband forum. But it is obvious they could be a lot of people. He is on many other forums as well.

Hayai, capabilities,
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgcarley

Hayai's pricelist
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://hayai.in/files/hayai_in_trai.pdf

Hayai's website;
http://hayai.in/

As for the Fvck You plan(FUP), it's there but there is no such hard and fast rule. The FUP limit is the price you are paying divided by 10. So for a minimum speed of 20Mbps which costs Rs.2000 the FUP limit is 200GB. You can exceed up to 550GB minimum per month, but they will give you a call to tell you not to hog the bandwidth. If it persists for 3 months, they will upgrade your plan. You can never go back to the smaller plan again. Your speed will not reduce when you cross FUP.

Speeds are 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 and 1000Mbps. The wireless is agnostic and is upto 54Mbps. No dongle required. Any Hayai hotspot will give you an average speed of 8-10Mbps as long as you have IEE standard wireless. 802.11g. So, no having to worry about crappy speeds from regular ISPs and their upto 3.2Mbps plans.

mgcarley is promising pings of 3 to 30ms. So, gamers can rejoice.

Currently available only in Mumbai. They will be moving to NCR and Pune soon followed by Bangalore and other metros. They use FTTH for those who are interested. So, review from any Mumbaikars will be good.

Downloaders have a reason to rejoice too. Hayai servers will have private torrent trackers and an internal network. So, speeds within the Hayai network(called High Speed Zone, HZ) will give you the full 1Gbps download speed irrespective of what plan you have. Speeds outside of the network will depend on what plan you chose. I am betting this network is going to be big. Gamers can set up servers using the 1Gbps servers and there is currently no FUP plan for H Z.

Peer to peer connection is possible. For eg: If Paaji has a movie he wants to share with me, we can connect using the H Z server and get the movie transferred within seconds. No FUP applies here.

Finally, it is very much affordable. Limited plans, you pay only Rs 10/GB. So, non gamers and non Torrent downloaders can rejoice too. The speed is 1Gbps for all limited plans. At a minimum budget of Rs 1000, you can download 45GB at 1Gbps. At Rs 2000 you can have your 1Gbps connection and also a download cap of 145GB.

Cheers.

plugwater

Awesome P2p.

Time to buy more 1 TB hard drives!!

This will make Airtel to drop FUP and decrease the rates.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Beam is bringing that to Hyderabad, plus "boutique" plans such as low latency (good for gaming) ones. Right now Hyderabadis have access to the fastest internet in all of South Asia.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why the Silicon Valley of india is NOT the launch city of such services? Crappy Airtel. Can't wait to get better services

p2prada

Whats FUP????
Fair Usage policy, aka Fvck U Policy.

I have a 2Mbps connection from Airtel. They have a download cap of 25GB. So, whenever I exceed that I get a boot in my arse and my speed comes down to 256Kbps for the rest of the billing month. The last 1 week I was at 256Kbps until yesterday.

So, Hayai was great news.

p2prada

Beam is bringing that to Hyderabad, plus "boutique" plans such as low latency (good for gaming) ones. Right now Hyderabadis have access to the fastest internet in all of South Asia.
Nope. Hayai has already started. I can say that until Oct 25, 2011 Beam provided the second fastest internet connection behind Reliance at 100Mbps(only the Ambanis can afford it). Right, now Beam is at 3rd position. Airtel also gives a max of 155Mbps, but only to businesses at 20k and higher.

I have not done a lot of research on this but mgcarley says Airtel even provides 80Mbps at 6k and 8k. Beam is at the lower end of the spectrum, but the price is affordable compared to the biggies. Note the numbers quoted in this post may be a little off.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Nope. Hayai has already started. I can say that until Oct 25, 2011 Beam provided the second fastest internet connection behind Reliance at 100Mbps(only the Ambanis can afford it). Right, now Beam is at 3rd position. Airtel also gives a max of 155Mbps, but only to businesses at 20k and higher.

I have not done a lot of research on this but mgcarley says Airtel even provides 80Mbps at 6k and 8k. Beam is at the lower end of the spectrum, but the price is affordable compared to the biggies. Note the numbers quoted in this post may be a little off.
OK, in case Hayai already started services to home users, I concede. Right now I'm doing 50 Mbps low-latency (with pings to Europe Amsterdam-IX and London-IX guaranteed to stay below 70 ms (helps me with gaming).

But if we're talking businesses, Beam gives out 10 Gbps lines to businesses on annual contracts. Those businesses are allowed to tether and use their own alias, so those don't show up on ISP stats as "Beam Telecom".

p2prada

OK, in case Hayai already started services to home users, I concede.

But if we're talking businesses, Beam gives out 10 Gbps lines to businesses on annual contracts. Those businesses are allowed to tether and use their own alias, so those don't show up on ISP stats as "Beam Telecom".
Nice. That's good for businesses in Hyderabad.

I wonder if Hayai has similar plans for businesses in the long run. They wants to launch iptv as well. They say moving to different cities is a little problematic for them because they are firangi and the govts want to see if they are not a security threat first. They took 3 years just to get permission and roll out services.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think I will come back to this thread when I have such a connection. I cannot bear the ignominity of a 2Mbps crappy Airtel and and get my heart burnt.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I think I will come back to this thread when I have such a connection. I cannot bear the ignominity of a 2Mbps crappy Airtel and and get my heart burnt.
Or when someone dials 101 from this thread :D

SLASH

so how does this thing work?

I went to their website, but I do not know which plan to go for? at the moment I have Tata broadband connection with 2mbps speed (Rs. 1299/ month). I really need speeds over 4 mbps to enjoy 3D content available on my samsung 3D TV.

p2prada

so how does this thing work?

I went to their website, but I do not know which plan to go for? at the moment I have Tata broadband connection with 2mbps speed (Rs. 1299/ month). I really need speeds over 4 mbps to enjoy 3D content available on my samsung 3D TV.
4Mbps won't cut it. 3D data is over 30GB, if you want to stream it you will need at least 40Mbps.

You can choose any plan you want once Hayai comes to your area. They are quite picky about it.

SLASH

4Mbps won't cut it. 3D data is over 30GB, if you want to stream it you will need at least 40Mbps.

You can choose any plan you want once Hayai comes to your area. They are quite picky about it.
and does it work the same way as other ISP's? I mean phone connection, modem and router...

I just got my tata connection 10 days ago. Would hate it to throw away my router and modem.

p2prada

and does it work the same way as other ISP's? I mean phone connection, modem and router...

I just got my tata connection 10 days ago. Would hate it to throw away my router and modem.
Everything has to go. They will give new modems. Phone is optional I think. I didn't look into that.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Life is goooooooooooooooooooooood.

SLASH

Everything has to go. They will give new modems. Phone is optional I think. I didn't look into that.
I tried looking for contact details for the company but could not find it on their web page. I have directly book it over the website. I'm not sure whether I should do it or not. members using their services, kindly give us a review of their services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles