Sri Lanka will Not Abide By UNHRC Resolution

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I knew this was going to happen. And when it gets to security council then china will veto.

End result is that tamils get no justice, people in lankan army and govt get away without punishment and India does a blunder in geopolitics for nothing (if lankan tamils would have gotten some justice then one could even justify our move)

:tsk:

pmaitra

I knew this was going to happen. And when it gets to security council then china will veto.

End result is that tamils get no justice, people in lankan army and govt get away without punishment and India does a blunder in geopolitics for nothing (if lankan tamils would have gotten some justice then one could even justify our move)

:tsk:
I knew too that this was going to happen. SL is now acting like a spoilt child throwing its toys out of the pram.

You know what, I don't give a tuppence.

I'd just lay down conditions to SL:
  • Implement UN resolution.
  • Kick the Chinese out of SL.

Now, if they dilly-dally, find excuses, or make too much noise, we'll just go and torpedo a couple of their coast-guard vessels. If they still make more noise, we'd torpedo another two of their coast guard vessels, and if PRC tries to meddle, we'll just torpedo a number of SL Navy ships this time, especially those at ports where the Chinese are working.

India, no matter how soft she is to her neighbours, will always be seen as a bully. So let's act as per the 'bad' name we have got. Let's be a bully.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I knew too that this was going to happen. SL is now acting like a spoilt child throwing its toys out of the pram.

Now, if they dilly-dally, find excuses, or make too much noise, we'll just go an torpedo a couple of their coast-guard vessels. If they still make more noise, we'd torpedo another two of their coast guard vessels, and if PRC tries to meddle, we'll just torpedo a number of SL Navy ships this time, especially those at ports where the Chinese are working.

India, no matter how soft she is to her neighbours, will always be seen as a bully. So let's act as per the 'bad' name we have got. Let's be a bully.
I have been saying the same thing. If India wants to sort out lanka then there are only two ways of doing it. Either we make them our ally and get them to sort out a few differences or we send in the troops and reduce there capability to fight to zero in a couple of days.

What we are doing now by voting against is nonsense because what the resolution demands will not be agreed by the lankans and by voting against lanka we make them are enemy without actually sinking a few of there ships. As of now we have not gained anything instead we have lost this round in geopolitics.

As far am im concerned India gains only by doing either of the two things:

- Take lanka into confidence and make them do what we want through 'carrot and sticks' policy.
- We declare war on them and occupy them and throw out all chinis.

The former sounds more cost effective to me.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Now, if they dilly-dally, find excuses, or make too much noise, we'll just go an torpedo a couple of their coast-guard vessels. If they still make more noise, we'd torpedo another two of their coast guard vessels, and if PRC tries to meddle, we'll just torpedo a number of SL Navy ships this time, especially those at ports where the Chinese are working.

Is that really you pmaitra?

pmaitra

I have been saying the same thing. If India wants to sort out lanka then there are only two ways of doing it. Either we make them our ally and get them to sort out a few differences or we send in the troops and reduce there capability to fight to zero in a couple of days.
Nope, no sending in troops. We'll keep our troops off that island. We'll just take pot shots at their vessels till they cave in.

Is that really you pmaitra?
Trust me, it is not a sudden shift in my thinking. You should see what I had said about this UN Vote prior to the vote itself. I did say we need to quit offering carrots and start showing the stick.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Nope, no sending in troops. We'll keep our troops off that island. We'll just take pot shots at their vessels till they cave in.

Trust me, it is not a sudden shift in my thinking. You should see what I had said about this UN Vote prior to the vote itself. I did say we need to quit offering carrots and start showing the stick.
Regardless. I know your stand. I know my stand. But,well :D

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Sinking ships will not gain us much. If one is getting aggressive them might aswell punch in the face rather than slapping on the wrists.

Integrate lanka into Indian Union permanently.

A hypothetical situation...what if we sink all there ships and they still dont agree to UN resolution out of pride or something else ?

pmaitra

Sinking ships will not gain us much. If one is getting aggressive them might aswell punch in the face rather than slapping on the wrists.

Integrate lanka into Indian Union permanently.

A hypothetical situation...what if we sink all there ships and they still dont agree to UN resolution out of pride or something else ?
We will sink every single damn ship they have, and then we will place a naval blockade. Will they not cave in? I bet they will. The churning of their stomachs will force them to cast their ego and vanity away, make peace with the SL Tamils and politely ask PRC to get the hell outta that island because it makes India uncomfortable.

No biggie!

KS

Bye bye DFI
Delusions of grandeur.

And its not like they had any intention of honoring the commitments before the vote and only this vote made them do like this...the Sinhala has always been dilly dallying on the devolution of power issue and was looking for a excuse to weasel out. The difference is this time he has come out in the open with what was always a foregone conclusion.

A few days before a very good article was posted regarding how the Rajapaksa govt had taken India on a ride after personally committing to the PM that if India helps in the war , immediately after the victory he will devolve the power to the Tamil provinces (13th Amendment)..but once they got all the help and defeated the LTTE, ...started dragging on his feet and despite PM reminding of his commitments did not even show a casual interest in his previous commitments.

Still we want to mollycoddle this bastard and unsure of ourselves in dealing with this double dealer....a thread was running on whether India could be a big power...well big powers dont get taken on a ride by a puny nation 1/40th the size of them. Lanka has taken our support for granted threatening to use the China card if we dont...they must be shown who runs the show in this part of the world. Will GoI step up to the task...or as usual back scratch him ?

We will sink every single damn ship they have, and then we will place a naval blockade. Will they not cave in? I bet they will. The churning of their stomachs will force them to cast their ego and vanity away, make peace with the SL Tamils and politely ask PRC to get the hell outta that island because it makes India uncomfortable.

No biggie!
Please keep aside your playstation...:)

First let the IN and ICGS protect our own fishermen from those barbarians...then we can talk of blowing them away...:)

Last edited:

pmaitra

Please keep aside your playstation...:)

First let the IN and ICGS protect our own fishermen from those barbarians...then we can talk of blowing them away...:)
I am taking a holistic view. You are stuck with fishermen.

I still stand by what I said - that it is wrong for Indian fishermen to go into SL waters, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

My comments in this thread are after SL's refusal to implement UN resolution. Keep that in mind.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am taking a holistic view. You are stuck with fishermen.

I still stand by what I said - that it is wrong for Indian fishermen to go into SL waters, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

My comments in this thread are after SL's refusal to implement UN resolution. Keep that in mind.
Im saying when the Govt doesn't even have the spine to look after it's own people, their lives at stake, it's a bit too much to expect them to go boom boom for such things as Lanka going back on its words.

Just an extrapolation. You cant expect a person who is limping to win a 100 m sprint..

pmaitra

Im saying when the Govt doesn't even have the spine to look after it's own people, their lives at stake, it's a bit too much to expect them to go boom boom for such things as Lanka going back on its words.

Just an extrapolation. You cant expect a person who is limping to win a 100 m sprint..
True, and that is why I said, and I said this earlier in the fisherman thread, and now, that India needs to quit giving out carrots and start showing the stick.

KS

Bye bye DFI
True, and that is why I said, and I said this earlier in the fisherman thread, and now, that India needs to quit giving out carrots and start showing the stick.
You and I can only wish. :rolleyes:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Haaaa there you have it so now they are calling for a

UNSC resolution :thumb:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And India is on the UNSC right now. China will veto and that's a given.

Pop quiz, "What do you do Jack"?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Haaaa there you have it so now they are calling for a

UNSC resolution :thumb:
As long as Diego Garcia is there in Indian Ocean, frankly there is need to worry about Sinhalas getting big for their boots, irrespective of whether the Indian govt wakes up from its slumber or not.

Ofcourse that wouldn't show us in good light....one of the world's most powerful military machine depending on US to deal with a puny thing... but when have we ever cared about it ? :)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
As long as Diego Garcia is there in Indian Ocean, frankly there is need to worry about Sinhalas getting big for their boots, irrespective of whether the Indian govt wakes up from its slumber or not.

Ofcourse that wouldn't show us in good light....one of the world's most powerful military machine depending on US to deal with a puny thing... but when have we ever cared about it ? :)
Keep on mocking India just to suit your emotional tamil view point. :rolleyes:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Keep on mocking India just to suit your emotional tamil view point. :rolleyes:
I have an objective view....no fanboism....No invading anyone..no conquering any country... Fanboism =/= patriotism.

I will appreciate when India stands its ground in Vietnam, does real-politik in Myanmar and criticize it when it fumbles in Lanka.

I dont patronize it, thinking all is well...I want India to stand up to its tiny neighbours and show South Asia is my ground, I'm the referee here and I make the rules.

Now you can go back to judging people based on your preconceived regionalistic notions...:wave:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles