PAF JF-17 Thunder Crashed in Attock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defcon 1

Country flag
A rough comparision with the rest of fighter

Years to crash ratio(YTR)

*JFT=1 crash in 5 years (YTR=0.2)
*Gripen=8 crashes in 15 years(YTR=0.5333)
*Rafale=4 crashes in 11 years(YTR=0.363)
*EFT=3 crashes in 9 years(YTR=0.333)
*SU30MKI=3 crashes in 10years(YTR=0.3)
*j-10=3 crashes in 7 years(YTR=0.4285)

add more if anyone want
Sukhoi 30Ks were in inducted IAF in 1997, no crash has occurred till date. The crashes were of Sukhoi 30MKI version. About 50 MK/Ks were inducted, although later I heard they were upgraded to MKI standard.

Don't start thumping your chest before getting your facts.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sukhoi 30Ks were in inducted IAF in 1997, no crash has occurred till date. The crashes were of Sukhoi 30MKI version. About 50 MK/Ks were inducted, although later I heard they were upgraded to MKI standard.

Don't start thumping your chest before getting your facts.
well my info is based off wiki
and wiki states MKI entered into service by 2002

what i meant by this is that JFT crash history is one hell of awesome

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
congrats to Pakistan they finds ways and means to glorify themselves.

BTW another good record is the fact that from the date of first test flight of junk fighter to the production had only 1000 days and that to with major design change. Great record for Junk fighter.

Defcon 1

Country flag
well my info is based off wiki
and wiki states MKI entered into service by 2002

what i meant by this is that JFT crash history is one hell of awesome
I am talking about K/MK versions. Why are you talking about MKI? Not a single crash till date for K/MK versions. For more info, go to the wiki page of Su-30 and then go to variants.

It has been 15 years since K/MK have entered service and none of them have crashed. Actually the crash history of JF17 is pretty ordinary considering the fact that it is still inducted in very small numbers.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am talking about K/MK versions. Why are you talking about MKI? Not a single crash till date for K/MK versions. For more info, go to the wiki page of Su-30 and then go to variants.

It has been 15 years since K/MK have entered service and none of them have crashed. Actually the crash history of JF17 is pretty ordinary considering the fact that it is still inducted in very small numbers.
but 50 jft are active..

gripen kind of fighters crashed in prototypes

Defcon 1

Country flag
but 50 jft are active..

gripen kind of fighters crashed in prototypes
You claimed that no other fighter has a crash record as good as JF17. You even offered everyone to add another fighter to the list. I simply told you the name of a fighter which has a better crash record than JF17. However, I should inform you that crash rate is normally calculated on the basis of total number of hours flown by the aircraft, not on the basis of number of years in service, so your claims are wrong anyways.

Coming to Gripen, one cannot say with complete confidence that prototypes of JF17 did not crash, if they did, China would never let such a news out. But I don't think this topic requires any further discussion.

PS: 33 Jf17s are active.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
You claimed that no other fighter has a crash record as good as JF17. You even offered everyone to add another fighter to the list. I simply told you the name of a fighter which has a better crash record than JF17. However, I should inform you that crash rate is normally calculated on the basis of total number of hours flown by the aircraft, not on the basis of number of years in service, so your claims are wrong anyways.

Coming to Gripen, one cannot say with complete confidence that prototypes of JF17 did not crash, if they did, China would never let such a news out. But I don't think this topic requires any further discussion.

PS: 33 Jf17s are active.
47 JFT delivered to PAF as of nov 2012.

Recently its been revealed that one erieye is destroyed and the attack on peshawar airport by uzbeks was not on airport but rather paf airbase where JFT are stationed

so Don't expect paf to reveal its assets

anyway 47 JFT were delivered to paf by 2012 and the chairman of PAC kamra said the rest of 3 will be delivered by dec end.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
47 JFT delivered to PAF as of nov 2012.

Recently its been revealed that one erieye is destroyed and the attack on peshawar airport by uzbeks was not on airport but rather paf airbase where JFT are stationed

so Don't expect paf to reveal its assets

anyway 47 JFT were delivered to paf by 2012 and the chairman of PAC kamra said the rest of 3 will be delivered by dec end.
So has the 3rd squadron been completed?

p2prada

A rough comparision with the rest of fighter

Years to crash ratio(YTR)

*JFT=1 crash in 5 years (YTR=0.2)
*Gripen=8 crashes in 15 years(YTR=0.5333)
*Rafale=4 crashes in 11 years(YTR=0.363)
*EFT=3 crashes in 9 years(YTR=0.333)
*SU30MKI=3 crashes in 10years(YTR=0.3)
*j-10=3 crashes in 7 years(YTR=0.4285)

add more if anyone want
Need to compare that with fleet size and operational service duration as well.

Gripen, ~250 in operation. 6 crashed. That's 2.4% of the fleet.
Rafale, 100+, 5 crashed. That's 5%. All human errors.
EFT, 350, 2 crashed. That's 0.6%.
J-10, 250+, 3 crashed. That's 1.2%.

MKI, 175, 4 crashed (1 prototype crashed in France, I suppose). That's 2.3%. 200, if we estimate the number of aircraft delivered to IAF and undergoing squadron inductions as of today. So around 2% if we add the numbers delivered. I have not added the 18 Su-30Ks that we had for 12 years and have no crash history. Similarly it would be lower for the 4 other aircraft above as well.

JF-17, 47, 1 crashed. That's 2.1%. Out of which the third squadron is yet to be formed and the rest have been in operation for the least amount of time since induction compared to the other aircraft. All the other aircraft have finished 100000 hours compared to JF-17's roughly 10000 hours. Spanking new aircraft to boot.

Overall Rafale and Gripen are the worst followed by JF-17. Rafales were all human errors while flying in tough conditions. Gripen has been serving since over 2 decades now while JF-17 is very new. So, that would push JF-17 below Gripen. So, which is the worst now?

No comparison, fleet wise or in terms of hours flown.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

MKI, 175, 4 crashed (1 prototype crashed in France, I suppose). That's 2.3%. 200, if we estimate the number of aircraft delivered to IAF and undergoing squadron inductions as of today. So around 2% if we add the numbers delivered. I have not added the 18 Su-30Ks that we had for 12 years and have no crash history. Similarly it would be lower for the 4 other aircraft above as well.

JF-17, 47, 1 crashed. That's 2.1%. Out of which the third squadron is yet to be formed and the rest have been in operation for the least amount of time since induction compared to the other aircraft. All the other aircraft have finished 100000 hours compared to JF-17's roughly 10000 hours. Spanking new aircraft to boot.

Overall Rafale and Gripen are the worst followed by JF-17. Rafales were all human errors while flying in tough conditions. Gripen has been serving since over 2 decades now while JF-17 is very new. So, that would push JF-17 below Gripen. So, which is the worst now?

No comparison, fleet wise or in terms of hours flown.
Rest of post agreed

but now 50 JFT are in service.

Date:11nov 2012
He said that so far, PAF had been supplied 47 JF-17 Thunders, adding that three more would be handed over to the air force by the end of this year
'PAC Kamra capable of exporting JF-17 Thunder jets' | Business Recorder

which means JFT %age is just 2%.

Gripen crashed a total 8 times not 6times

hence the new ranking would be like this

Best to worst
EFT -0.6%
J-10 1.2%
JFT- 2%
MKI 2.3%
Gripen 3.2%
Rafale 5%

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

4 outta 5 Dassault Rafale crashed were "Rafale M", i.e Naval version.
I don't see how could you possibly compare this with other fighters like EF, Su-30 and Grippen (again with two different versions, A and C) leaving aside J-10, you can't trust PLAF with figures.

How much hours on an average a IAF pilot clock on Su-30MKI ? :darthvader:
PS: Ju are a Kaffir, how could you compare JF-17 with other Jets. :D

Last edited:

p2prada

4 outta 5 Dassault Rafale crashed were "Rafale M", i.e Naval version.
I don't see how could you possibly compare this with other fighters like EF, Su-30 and Grippen (again with two different versions, A and C) leaving aside J-10, you can't trust PLAF with figures.
It is a fleet wide figure. Anyway these were human errors and not the fault of the aircraft. That's why I said these crashes happened in tough conditions.

How much hours on an average a IAF pilot clock on Su-30MKI ? :darthvader:
250 hours a year from some reports.

PS: Ju are a Kaffir, how could you compare JF-17 with other Jets. :D
:D

p2prada

Rest of post agreed

but now 50 JFT are in service.
So, this would complete the B1 phase. Which would mean delivery of B2 should sometime start this year?

Best to worst
EFT -0.6%
J-10 1.2%
JFT- 2%
MKI 2.3%
Gripen 3.2%
Rafale 5%
JF-17 should complete 100000 hours because without proper operational service there is very little anybody can say about the quality of the aircraft including how the aircraft may deliver with age. This is also considering most of your operational pilots are senior pilots on the JF-17, not just rookies.

In the first 5 years IAF had more MKIs in service and no crashes either.

At least all the negativity against Russian technology should have disappeared in Pakistan, something that PAF had for the last 40 years, especially with Russian engines and helis in service today.

Defcon 1

Country flag
A large number of human errors indicate that the aircraft is difficult to handle. So it is partly the fault of aircraft as well. Read somewhere MKI is more difficult to handle than our mirages and Jaguars. Don't know how Rafale would fare, but I believe we can agree French provide stellar training since NATO has a standard of training, so some problem exists with the aircraft as well.

Blackwater

A large number of human errors indicate that the aircraft is difficult to handle. So it is partly the fault of aircraft as well. Read somewhere MKI is more difficult to handle than our mirages and Jaguars. Don't know how Rafale would fare, but I believe we can agree French provide stellar training since NATO has a standard of training, so some problem exists with the aircraft as well.
you have read wrong. looking at its dimensions only MKI is more easier to fly mirages or jaguars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles