Al-Khalid MBT And Pakistani Armour

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology

t-80ud is a good tank and might also be better protected than the basic AK or at par with AK1 but in videos and every where i have seen Pak armed corps calling the the al khalid a mean machine because it was designed and tested considering the pakistani terrain.

for 10 long years many prototypes of Al khalid were tested within pakistan and in china

Dazzler

You are very funny, nothing more I can say )))

:rofl:
Thats not the answer of my question, unless you know composite armour details of both, your claim of UD better protected than AK is just a claim :D

Tell me, do Ukraine tanks use Boron carbide as an amrour component?

Andrei_bt

t-80ud is a good tank and might also be better protected than the basic AK or at par with AK1 but in videos and every where i have seen Pak armed corps calling the the al khalid a mean machine because it was designed and tested considering the pakistani terrain.

for 10 long years many prototypes of Al khalid were tested within pakistan and in china
You are sayng strange things... AK is a china designed MBT-2000 export tank with ukrainian motor compartament, Pakistan has very little regard to it's design.
Nobody created AK specially for pakistan terrain :rofl:
And by the way T-80UD of different types were tested in Pakistan for about 5 years.

Last edited:

Damian

Tell me, do Ukraine tanks use Boron carbide as an amrour component?
Why you have such obsession with boron carbide? You think it is some sort of supermaterial? Long time ago it was said, no there is nothing special in boron carbide and there are better solutions.

Sweet Loiuse, seriously!

Dazzler

You are sayng strange things... AK is a china designed MBT-2000 export tnk with ukrainian motor compartament, Pakistan has very little regard to it's design.
And by the way T-80UD of different types were tsted in Pakistan for about 5 years.

So in essence you know nothing about the whole Type-90IIM/ AK project thats all i can say

Anyways, move on :D

Dazzler

Why you have such obsession with boron carbide? You think it is some sort of supermaterial? Long time ago it was said, no there is nothing special in boron carbide and there are better solutions.

Sweet Loiuse, seriously!
Nope i dont, just a question from Andrei not you so you dont have to jump every time to answer.

Simple

Damian

Nope i dont, just a question from Andrei not you so you dont have to jump every time to answer.

Simple
It seems I hit the vurnable point eh? :)

But be aware, that indeed, it looks like you have some obsession with boron carbide. ;)

Oh, and by the way, Andrei may know or not about armor composition, but if he knows, it does not mean he can talk about it.

Last edited:

Andrei_bt

Simple
Plain and simple is that you are nothing interesting in terms of discussion, and I do not need to convince you about anything.

Andrei_bt

boron carbide was one of the studied and later abandoned type of filler.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

You are sayng strange things... AK is a china designed MBT-2000 export tnk with ukrainian motor compartament, Pakistan has very little regard to it's design.
And by the way T-80UD of different types were tsted in Pakistan for about 5 years.
Pakistan has invested millions in the R&D.if al khalid was all about mbt-2000 than we would have not gone for t-80ud and have rather started manufacturing mbt-2000 as al khalid in 1990-91.But we didnt

well this is how it is.

type 90II=type 90IIM=MBt-2000=Al khalid(2000)=al khalid I(2009-10)=al khalid II(after 2015)

AL khalid is manufactured from scratch in pakistan with the import of engine and some other sub systems.While there are rumours of indigenous FCS in Al khalid I.

Al khalid I is better than t-80ud in many parameters

Ak1 vs t-80ud
*Better side armour/protection than t-80ud
*better FCS
*Sagem matis 3rd generation thermal imagers
*HMC manufactured gun rumoured to be of bigger calibre
*Rehbar IBMS(with capability of operating UAV from inside the tank and other IBMS features)

there are alot more to mention.

Dazzler

It seems I hit the vurnable point eh? :)

But be aware, that indeed, it looks like you have some obsession with boron carbide. ;)
Oh i am not that sensitive at all :rofl:

But i have come to know a few things about it so i asked. Someone at PAEC told me interesting things :D

Dazzler

Pakistan has invested millions in the R&D.if al khalid was all about mbt-2000 than we would have not gone for t-80ud and have rather started manufacturing mbt-2000 as al khalid in 1990-91.But we didnt

well this is how it is.

type 90II=type 90IIM=MBt-2000=Al khalid(2000)=al khalid I(2009-10)=al khalid II(after 2015)

AL khalid is manufactured from scratch in pakistan with the import of engine and some other sub systems.While there are rumours of indigenous FCS in Al khalid I.

Al khalid I is better than t-80ud in many parameters

Ak1 vs t-80ud
*Better side armour/protection than t-80ud
*better FCS
*Sagem matis 3rd generation thermal imagers
*HMC manufactured gun rumoured to be of bigger calibre
*Rehbar IBMS(with capability of operating UAV from inside the tank and other IBMS features)

there are alot more to mention.
leave it here man or MODS will move in. Lets keep it what this thread is meant for :)

Andrei_bt

AL khalid is manufactured from scratch in pakistan
:rofl:

Better side armour/protection than t-80ud
AK has NO side protection, T-80UD has some (ERA at hull sides) AK has no 2-nd gen era...and so on.

.... you live in fantasy world as i see )))

Dazzler

Plain and simple is that you are nothing interesting in terms of discussion, and I do not need to convince you about anything.
No you dont have to convince me at all, i ask you cuz you know some serious stuff on Ukrainian armour :)

Andrei_bt

No you dont have to convince me at all, i ask you cuz you know some serious stuff on Ukrainian armour :)
THAT IS why I said what I said on question why Pakistan has no modern ERA like Duplet.

Damian

Yup, I agree with Andrei about side protection, Al Khalid is continuing tradition of it's Chinese ancestors which means complete lack of any significant side protection. Unless of course someones considers as significant protection some thin (several mm) sheet metal skirts and some storage baskets at turret sides.

Last edited:

Dazzler

talking of side prtection, isnt this vulnerable too?

Last edited:

Damian

Side turret have no significant protection, hull sides however have 3 ERA panels per side (there is capability to install 4 panels per side, but for some reason, standard is 3 panels), so they have some more significant protection to some degree.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

@Andrei_bt

i dont know whether you know about the Al khalid I upgrade or not..

Notice the thickened side skirts.(not the metal sheets)

mass produced one

beside this ERA on side skirts arent a big deal but all the basic AK will undergo the upgrades of Ak1.
if we can have era on the sides of al zarar than surely there wont be a problem for al khalid aswell

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles