Indian Army in ARMA2 and OA Computer Games

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
INDIAN ARMY IN ARMA2 & OA ( Computer Games )..

A year back VILAS inquiry abt Indian soldiers gear and equipment on MP.net, His work was directed by Indian members including me, the good thing is the Indian addons are based on real image of Indian Soilder on field, The addons included with new and old jungle camos, ITBP desert camo, Insas, Insas LMG, AK-47, VZ-58, Bulgarian black AKs, And east German AKs, Vehicles are T-90S,BMP1&2..

The ones here play ARMA2 can add this addons ( free of charge ) from here:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...85067&page=112

Insas Rifle

Insas LMG

From top: 1. VZ-58, 2. East German AK, 3. Russian/Romanian AK, 4.Bulgarian Black AK..

India addons, right next to Pakistani addons..

Completed Addons..

Thanks to VILAS for his outstanding Work!

Last edited:

pmaitra

Thanks Kunal for the excellent post.

I tried clicking the link, but it does not work.

I will try to look for these add ons. Are there any missions involving IA? I already have ArmA 2, and will try to find out myself. However, if you already have the links or where to download from, please do share with us.

One observation on the second last photo. I think the INSAS foregrip-cross-section is more elliptical in the image, while in real life it is more circular. Or, is it an illusion?

Many thanks once again!

neo29

Nice post Kunalji ... good to see Indian army in games now.

Hope the game manufacturer show Indian faces rather than Caucasian. Indian and Pakistani troops can only fight together in games :).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Thanks Kunal for the excellent post.

I tried clicking the link, but it does not work.

I will try to look for these add ons. Are there any missions involving IA? I already have ArmA 2, and will try to find out myself. However, if you already have the links or where to download from, please do share with us.

One observation on the second last photo. I think the INSAS foregrip-cross-section is more elliptical in the image, while in real life it is more circular. Or, is it an illusion?

Many thanks once again!
Try this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85067

Page No: 112

Insas Fore-grip are elliptical..
Btw, After download do post some Cool Screen shots here.. :)

Last edited:

pmaitra

ArmA 2 INSAS Rifle

ArmA 2 INSAS Rifle

A photo collage of screenshots!

ArmA2_INSAS_rifle_01.jpg ArmA2_INSAS_rifle_02.jpg ArmA2_INSAS_rifle_03.jpg ArmA2_INSAS_rifle_05.jpg ArmA2_INSAS_rifle_04.jpg

Click to view larger images.

Last edited:

pmaitra

ArmA 2 INSAS Rifle and Light Machine Gun Firing

ArmA 2 INSAS Rifle and Light Machine Gun Firing

A photo collage of screenshots!

ArmA2_INSAS_rifle_06.jpg ArmA2_INSAS_LMG_06.jpg

Click to view larger images.

pmaitra

I have installed the add-ons for the RFI Rifles (INSAS Rifle and INSAS LMG) in ArmA 2. If anybody needs instructions on how to install the add-ons, please let me know, I will post detailed instructions here. I purchased the game and had it downloaded/installed through Steam, but it should not matter whether steam install or CD install, anyway. Hope you all enjoy the screenshots!

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Kunal sir, from where I can get this game please let me know? How cum such a game be left by a gamer like me. Do I have to order it or whatever it is please let me know.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
wow .. I'd love to play this one. Is it downloadable or I've to buy it?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
members please dont try to download this game..cos its really boring due to its too realistic nature....its true that this one offers a huge stockpile of arms and ammunition but trust me you will hate to play military games after playing this....

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Kunal a little off topic but i was always curious about the Indian head gear, our soldiers where something other than an helmet, i have heard it contains some composite material inside those turban like head gear. How are they compared to Helmets and what level of protection do they offer?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Hi Saya, How is the level of protection in those PATKAS? Is it as good or better than Helmets?
GK just yesterday i meet with commando and asked him about BPJ, he said that it will provide protection if bullet fired from distance let say above 50 meters, but if it is fired from close range then BPJ and helmet are not good.

BTW GK Bullet proof patka is primary made to deflect the bullet

Last edited by a moderator:

shom

Re: Indian Army small arms

MSMC as described in Black Ops 2

"Fully automatic submachine gun. Increased range and reduced recoil."
— Description
The MSMC is a submachine gun featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
It has the highest damage at close range in its class. It takes four hits to kill out to medium range. The MSMC, being a medium capacity, high damage and ranged submachine gun, is most comparable to the PDW-57, and handles similarly. The Laser Sight is a very effective attachment, boosting the already decent hip-fire performance. Fast Mag or Extended Clip can help with the sluggish reload time or lessen the need for reloads. It is outperformed in terms of fire rate by the other faster firing submachine guns in its class, but has higher range and somewhat lower recoil, making it more effective in medium range engagements. Movement speed is also increased by 1.3% when holding the MSMC.

Players should avoid long range combat where Assault Rifles, Light Machine Guns and Sniper Rifles dominate, but if one wishes to do so, burst-firing is recommended to accommodate for the damage drop-off and recoil. If the player is good at burst-firing, Select Fire can be useful, when paired with the gun's fast re-center speed. The Suppressor provides the near elimination of the muzzle flash can prove to be useful and will not have much negative effect due the the ranged capabilities of the MSMC.

Overall the MSMC is one of the most popular weapons in the game due to its high damage and range.

March 12th's patch increased the recoil of the MSMC and also increased its hip-fire spread slightly. The same occurred with the PDW-57.

The MSMC is the sixth weapon tier on Gun Game, where it is equipped with the Grip attachment.
MSMC - The Call of Duty Wiki - Black Ops II, Modern Warfare 3, and more!

shom

We should avoid discussion of console games and "virtual" weapons, don't you think?
Generally sir it is not relevant but Call Of duty is a legendary game and having a Indian made weapon in that game is sort of an honor ,,, may not for many 1st world countries but for me it is really an honor,,, sorry sir if I have deviated from reality a bit...

pmaitra

Generally sir it is not relevant but Call Of duty is a legendary game and having a Indian made weapon in that game is sort of an honor ,,, may not for many 1st world countries but for me it is really an honor,,, sorry sir if I have deviated from reality a bit...
I have a humble request to you:

Do this:

Use a single comma for a pause, and a single full-stop for an end.

In other words, don't do this:

Use multiple commas for a pause,,, and multiple full-stops for an end...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles