Do you guys think philosophers are smart?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I'm studying philosophy as you all know and I thought to ask what Indians think of my major. Are philosophers considered smart?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
NO.......... if Philosophers are smart they don't teach fools

Smart Philosophers keep it themselves why they bother others :lol::lol:

Simple Smart Philosophers never teach who ever teaching Philosophy not smart
That must mean I'm a genius then. I never teach anyone philosophy cuz they're not on my level.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
many here talking about philosophy as waste of time let me ask them
do you know derrida?
do you know foucoult?
do you know roland barthe
do you know nitzsche ?
and yet you are commenting on philosophy !!!!!
by the way philosophy tries to make life simple
many can't understand it and takes wrong meaning of philosophy simply those are fools

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
No trolling.
You asked me what Indians think and I told you. Simple.

Anyway, why don't you and @abhi_the _gr8_maratha explain what exactly a philosophy course teaches you? What is the course content (very briefly, don't spam the page with official course material), what is the practical utility and applicability of that content? And what are the career options worldwide?

Last edited by a moderator:

Glint

Country flag
Conversation between a person and a philosopher

Person:- People who are interested in it are pretentious snobs who talk out of their ******** 95% of the time.
We will never know the answers to many philosophical questions, so why even think and care about them?

Philosopher:- I'm hearing a 'sour-grapes' whine from a mediocre mind, incapable of philosophical, 'critical thought', and ignorantly, as low IQs are wont to do, disparaging that which they cannot obtain!
Because 'thinking and caring' bring you little fruit, that is not to say that the fruits are not sweet indeed for those capable of 'critical thought'!

Does this answer your question? People don't think Philosophers are stupid..(I do..)
They think Philosophers are huge snobs.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
You asked me what Indians think and I told you. Simple.

Anyway, why don't you and @abhi_the _gr8_maratha explain what exactly a philosophy course teaches you? ,

did you learn a whole subject in just a single comment?
let me tell you meaning of a philosophical conversation
1: you're driving me crazy
2: I am not , I can't drive
It means they are debating and 1 chose wrong side and so he becomes unable to put his point after something says 2 is driving him crazy
2 says I can't drive means its not me who is driving you crazy but your own act of closing wrong side , chosing a wrong side and trying to support it in anywa gives you nothing but a behaviour full of anger
well many can't understand philosophy that's why people from rural area just opens religious books and read them which are full of philosophy

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@Bangalorean
continuing my last comment
well some can understand this philosophy and they are m.k.gandhi,einstein etc.
einstein says that inspiration of many of his inventions is novels of dostovousky
the speciality of dostovousky is dialogue , a term coined by mikhail Bakhtin meaning if you read a page once you will get a meaning, if you them another time you will get different meaning
well i am getting in criticism but literature,philosophy , criticism are interrelated and shakespeare told that"literature hold mirror upto nature

philosophy tries nothing but an aim of simple life

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@abhi_the _gr8_maratha, you didn't answer any of my questions. I am still at the same point where I started out.
sir, you can't learn a subject by single day and read my post clearly you will just know whole situation of conversation by just two sentences
you were saying philosophy as waste of time I have you example of einstein and mahatma gandhiji

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Who are the philosophers who are read when one studies philosophy in an Indian university?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Doctors treat, engineers build, teachers teach. But what do philosophers bring to the table??:noidea:

other than sitting on their @** and wasting their time, I dont think they contribute anything to the society.

And what does it matter if someone is smart or not, if he does not contribute to the society anyway?:confused:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles