Special prayer held in Kolkata for Osama bin Laden

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Kolkata, May 6 (PTI) The Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque here, Maulana Nurur Rehman Barkati, today held a special Friday prayer for the 'peace of the soul' of al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden."The special prayer was held as Laden was not given a proper burial and his bullet-riddled body was thrown into the sea in total disrespect of Islam. It was held for the peace of his soul," All-India Minority Forum president Idris Ali, who took part in the prayer, said.There were placards at the prayer meet reading 'Disrespect to Holy Quran is intolerable', he said.A large number of policemen were deployed around the mosque at Dharamtollah in central Kolkata.

http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfe...ld-in-kolkata-for-osama-bin-laden/674373.html

warriorextreme

Country flag
history repeats...same happened with afjal khan when shivaji maharaj killed him...his grave has become shrine now....it was indeed good move by USA to put him under the sea..

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Kolkata, May 6 (PTI) The Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque here, Maulana Nurur Rehman Barkati, today held a special Friday prayer for the 'peace of the soul' of al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden."The special prayer was held as Laden was not given a proper burial and his bullet-riddled body was thrown into the sea in total disrespect of Islam. It was held for the peace of his soul," All-India Minority Forum president Idris Ali, who took part in the prayer, said.There were placards at the prayer meet reading 'Disrespect to Holy Quran is intolerable', he said.A large number of policemen were deployed around the mosque at Dharamtollah in central Kolkata.

http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfe...ld-in-kolkata-for-osama-bin-laden/674373.html

Muslims never pass up an opportunity to look like total morons, and in the process make their faith look like a bloody joke to the whole world

It never freaking fails. They are like clockwork - there is always some high ranking religious authority somewhere in the Muslim world who is ready to say something that is absurdly "out of this world" idiotically stupid.

I guess the Shahi Imam conveniently forgot that we are dealing with a mass-murderer with thousands of lives on his hands who never gave a f*ck about the religious burial customs of the people he killed which included quite a few Muslims. I suppose he think Osama is going to heaven.

If it were up to me, I would have pissed on his corpse.

Last edited:

ganesh177

Country flag
I am not sure if these people even think for 2 seconds what impression will this give to india when rest of world reads about it.
I dont understand the need to sympathise for a terrorist and a mass murdered, so what if he is from your religion ?

JBH22

history repeats...same happened with afjal khan when shivaji maharaj killed him...his grave has become shrine now....it was indeed good move by USA to put him under the sea..
GOOD move by USA that pig indeed should have been fed to sharks as to Imam who held prayer for his memory he can go to hell as well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Those who attended are daft.

You do not hold prayers for terrorists.

Oracle

Sharks feasted on Osama. Worms would feed on Maulana Nurur Rehman Barkati, when his times comes.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Thats why I always say that this congress let corrupt nepotist govt. is playing a dangerous game by empowering these Mullahs at local level, as muslims are extremely ghettoized in India, and illiterates and educated alike rely (for religious and non-religious reasons alike ) on these blood-thirsty un-educated mullhas......The only difference I see from failed state pakistani situation is that here these genocidal Islamic mullahs have enough fodder in the form of Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Jain etc. How powerful these mullahs will become is anybody's guess (just see failed state pakistan), and the mayhem they will cause (which I can clearly see in the future) has to be blamed on congress (though secular media will blame BJP).

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
to sir ray

what do indian army do when they shot a terrorist dead.how do they handle the dead body and burial ?

p2prada

to sir ray

what do indian army do when they shot a terrorist dead.how do they handle the dead body and burial ?
With proper Muslim rites.

Even the NLI were given a respectable funeral during Kargil.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
why congrees and its child political parties like to play dangerous games with fanactics once played by congress(referring to shikh fanactics)

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Such incidents give rise to tension between Islam and other religions. Which later results into riots, there should be strict laws against such indirect support to Terrorism.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Imam of Tipu Sultan Mosque, others regularly seen with Ms Mamata in many meetings....Idrish Ali ..Prez of Cong minority cell........As Mamata coming in power (most probably) ...Good save muslim community from these guys....

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I guess what this really says is that vast portion of the Muslim community view bin Laden as a hero.
Despite what they say in public, it's what they feel inside.

In any other community, holdings prayers for a mass- murderer terrorist like Osama would have raised hell among its members. But for Muslim groups - it's par for the course.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Prayers for Osama bin Laden divides Muslims
India - 7 may 2011

Mosques in four cities observed the Namaz-e-Janaza or funeral prayers for the liquidated al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden on Friday, but not all Muslims agreed with the idea behind such invocations. Tagged with jumma, the day that sees the largest congregations of the devouts in mosques, many Muslims asked by imams to stay back if they wished to for the Osama prayers, did so. But while one such namaz was cancelled in Lucknow, it was far from crowded in Hyderabad.

In Srinagar, however, Hurriyat hardliner Syed Ali Shah Geelani called for the special Osama prayers as well, and observers said many people may have heeded his call. "Muslim clergy should organise funeral prayers in their mosques for peace to the soul of Osama bin Laden," Geelani said, and added, "Osama was not just a person but also an ideology against occupation of Muslim lands by foreigners. Western countries must realise that suppression of Muslims in their lands will result in resistance."

Chief minister Omar Abdullah tweeted, "Syed Ali Shah Geelani is losing the feel of peoples' pulse by calling for funeral prayers for bin Laden." Manzoor Ahmed Kachroo (59) said, "I can't pray for Osama's peace. He was a violent man."

In Kolkata, the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Nurur Rehman Barkati, held special Friday prayer for the "peace of the soul" of bin Laden. All-India Minority Forum president Idris Ali, who took part in the prayer, said, "Laden wasn't given a burial and his bullet-riddled body was thrown into the sea. The prayers were held for his peace."

In Chennai, the imam of a major mosque on Anna Salai Road announced prayers for bin Laden, a call that was faithfully adhered to, whereas in Lucknow, some youths' plans to offer prayers for bin Laden came unstuck after resistance from community elders.

The Lucknow Muslims feared that the call could trigger a law and order crisis. In fact, when some community leaders learned about Osama prayers, they rejected it. "Do we offer namaz-e-janaza for all the world's Muslims? Why just for Osama?" asked a senior Muslim community leader.

Another cleric said, "This is mischievous. May be some people want to create a controversy. If anyone wants to offer these prayers as a Muslim, he can. But please don't involve the community."

Hyderabad, which was tense, witnessed Maulana Mohammed Naseeruddin, described by the police as a militant preacher, conducting funeral prayers for bin Laden at Ujale Shah Idgah grounds on Wednesday. Less than 100 people joined in under tight security. His announcement for funeral prayers did not enthuse general Muslims who did not turn up.

Source: The Times of India

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles