Why have we gone for Javelin (Anti-Tank) missile instead Spike being more advanced?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Have a look:

The most amazing feature about Spike I found was that the operator can update target real time, and it can hit the target even if it goes out of sight. It even enables the infantry to survey the near by areas and provide updates for new targets, it provides abort missile capabilities, assign new higher value targets mid-way of the flight, not just that it has an effective range of 8KM (though Wiki says 25KM). I doubt Javelin has all these features.

Last edited by a moderator:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Thanks a lot!!

If Israel is producing an ATGM which cannot work in desert (knowing more than half of Israel is dessert), its a total waste!

I still have some doubts about Spike being such a big failure or we ordered Javelin as pakistan had included it in its wish list with US, knowing well Israel will not sell it to beggar pakistan?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Thanks a lot!!

If Israel is producing an ATGM which cannot work in desert (knowing more than half of Israel is dessert), its a total waste!

I still have some doubts about Spike being such a big failure or we ordered Javelin as pakistan had included it in its wish list with US, knowing well Israel will not sell it to beggar pakistan?
Well i should say, Only in thar desert... :)
Still Javelin is a good choice..

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: Why have we gone for Javelin (Anti-Tank) missile instead Spike bei

Javelin vs T 72 :

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles