Medieval Cruelty in Modern Time: ISIS Thugs Behead American Journalist

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Medieval Cruelty in Modern Times: ISIS Thugs Behead American Journalist - The Daily Beast

James Foley was executed in the most horrific way possible on video so the jihadists can prove they are fearsome knights of the caliphate.

The group known as ISIS has murdered American journalist James Foley, beheading him as if he were a captive taken in medieval combat. It posted a YouTube video designed for a 21st-century audience and threatened to kill another journalist hostage, Steven Joel Sotloff, if the United States continues its airstrikes against ISIS positions in Iraq.

The murderers, who now call themselves "knights" serving the "caliph" of the self-declared Islamic State that straddles northern Syria and Iraq, had Foley make a statement before he died.But first the video showed President Obama's press conference this month explaining his reasons for intervening against the group he calls ISIL. Then Foley was shown on his knees, his body erect—even proud—clad in an orange tunic with no collar, and his head shaved. Beside him, brandishing a short knife, was his executioner clad in black, his face covered, his voice unmistakably British.

"I call on my friends, family, and loved ones to rise up against my real killers, the U.S. government," said Foley. He called on his parents not to accept any "meager compensation" for his death. The U.S. bombing campaign against ISIS was "the last nail in my coffin" he told the camera. He called on his brother John, a member of the U.S. Air Force, to "think about what you are doing, think about the lives you destroy. "¦ I died that day, John, when your colleagues dropped that bomb on those people, they signed my death certificate. I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope of freedom and seeing my family once again. But that ship has sailed. I guess all in all I wish I wasn't American."

Then the British-accented executioner makes a little speech claiming any aggression against the Islamic State is an aggression against Muslims everywhere—whom this sinister pseudo-ninja seems to think he represents. Then he begins to saw at Foley's throat. The screen goes black for a second.One can surmise that the IS video producers thought the actual act of decapitation with a six-inch blade would be too gruesome for the kind of audience they want to reach—the video-game generation of wannabe jihadis around the world. Those kids might be too squeamish to watch the many extant ISIS videos of Christians and Shia being decapitated, photographs of which have been published even on sites like Catholic.org as ISIS wages its campaign to incite a global religious war and its victims and enemies fall into its trap.

Then he begins to saw at Foley's throat. The screen goes black for a second.Then, in the Foley video, which was quickly taken down from YouTube but doubtless has been spread around, we see a shot of Foley's body with its severed head resting on it. And then Sotloff is presented to the camera and Obama is challenged to save him by halting the bombing.

"We have seen a video that purports to be the murder of U.S. citizen James Foley by ISIL," said a statement from the National Security Council. "The intelligence community is working as quickly as possible to determine its authenticity. If genuine, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American journalist and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends. We will provide more information when it is available."

Although there is little question about his final moments, the matter of how Foley came into the hands of ISIS is more than a little mysterious. Foley was a risk taker who reported from the front lines, fully aware of the dangers that might entail. He was taken prisoner in Libya in 2011 before being released.

In Syria, he was picked up by gunmen from what the Federal Bureau of Investigation called an "organized gang" shortly after he left an Internet café on November 22, 2012. In May 2013, GlobalPost President Philip Balboni said that "with a very high degree of confidence, we now believe that Jim was most likely abducted by a pro-regime militia group"—that is, one loyal to President Bashar Assad—and that he was being held near Damascus by the Syrian Air Force intelligence service. "Based on what we have learned," said Balboni, "it is likely Jim is being held with one or more Western journalists, including most likely at least one other American."Several groups fighting against Assad have claimed that there is—or was—a tacit collaboration, at least, between his intelligence services and ISIS, since it served the savage Assad regime well to claim it was fighting a terrorist enemy even more brutal than its own forces.

GlobalPost is reporting that the beheading of Foley is "unconfirmed" and that the FBI is evaluating the video's contents.Decapitations are an old strategy for jihadists aiming to impress the West. The 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohamed, now at Guantanamo Bay, has claimed that he personally beheaded Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in Pakistan in 2002. A decade ago Abu Musab al-Zarqawi built his international infamy in Iraq with videos of Western men and women having their heads severed. Zarqawi was killed in 2006 by U.S. forces, but the organization he founded continued to evolve into this one calling itself Islamic State, which is much more sophisticated in almost every respect, and much more successful at gaining territory.

All these groups claim to be, in the words of al Qaeda leader and ideologue Ayman Zawahiri, "knights under the Prophet's banner." The language in a communiqué issued by Islamic State when the United States started giving air support to Kurdish troops in Iraq this month is typical:

Obama is "the Black of Washington" up against the "Knights of the Khilafah [Caliphate]"; he is the "dog of the Romans"—the Crusader knights of old. The "soldiers of the Khilafah "¦ have pledged to Allah Almighty that the lands of the Muslims will not be defiled by a crusader infidel or a secular Kurd until they pass over their dead bodies." And, sadly, the bodies of the caliphate's victims.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Re: Medieval Cruelty in Modern Times: ISIS Thugs Behead American Journ

Below is the decapitated head of American journalist in SPOILER. Graphic!

Can't find the video since all seems to be censored.Please post if you find.

Blackwater

Bombed them more bastard isis

The Germans are coming

The religion of peace strikes again.

And predictably, world leaders, journalists and pundits everywhere come out and whine "this is not what islam is like".

Well. 43 people were executed through beheading in the last month in Saudi Arabia.

This is in the Quoran and this is what these people do.

pmaitra

Journalists have a difficult life. They are always at a threat.

This is a painful moment.

My heart goes out to Foley's family and friends.

It is time we all realized that encouraging the radical elements for geopolitical reasons usually finds the ordinary small people as victims.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

It is time we all realized that encouraging the radical elements for geopolitical reasons usually finds the ordinary small people as victims.
The people running the show in the banks and in the mega corporations are always safe, everybody else is a pawn and disposable.

pmaitra

The people running the show in the banks and in the mega corporations are always safe, everybody else is a pawn and disposable.
True.

Did you get the news of the FSA asking the US to bomb ISIS?

It is like the al-Qaida asking the US to bomb the al-Qaida, i.e. itself.

It is all a façade. The name "FSA" was created, so that the US and UK could arm the al-Qaida against al-Assad, while looking good in the eyes of the world.

pkroyal

The countdown has begun!

For every act of barbaric depravity, this dream of an extended " ummah" will go under.

Clash of civilizations is inevitable ( Huttington ?)

Wait for the real religion of peace ( Hinduism) to lend some sanity to an already crazed world

Meriv90

Journalists have a difficult life. They are always at a threat.

This is a painful moment.

My heart goes out to Foley's family and friends.

A death is a death so condolence to Foley's family but I advice all to go and read his tweet feed before he was kidnapped in 2012, he was one of the encouraging he is ripping what he sowed.

pmaitra

A death is a death so condolence to Foley's family but I advice all to go and read his tweet feed before he was kidnapped in 2012, he was one of the encouraging he is ripping what he sowed.
Ok, I am not very knowledgeable about this. If what you say is true, and I certainly believe you, then this man is probably one of stupid actions, to die in the hands of those he "loved," but then, so did Jesus.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Killer of US journalist Foley 'could be British' – UK PM

British Prime Minister David Cameron has said that the person involved in the beheading of US journalist James Foley looked "increasingly likely" to be a British citizen, though the man has not been identified.

"We have not identified the individual responsible on the video but from what we've seen it looks increasingly likely that it is a British citizen. Now this is deeply shocking," Cameron told reporters on Wednesday.
Well, these politicians gave assistance to terrorists because they thought later they might be of use. They allowed (radical) Islam to be preached in their country. And now he says he is shocked. lol

"We have reached the judgment that this video is authentic," National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said.

Before Cameron made his statements, British media widely identified the speaker in the Islamic State video as speaking with a British accent.
We're absolutely aware that there are significant numbers of British nationals involved in terrible crimes, probably in the commission of atrocities, making jihad with IS and other extremists organizations," Hammond told the BBC.

"This is something we have been tracking and dealing with for many, many months and I don't think this video changes anything"¦it just heightens awareness of a situation which is very grave."

On August 17, Cameron penned a strongly-worded article published in The Sunday Telegraph, stating that if the Islamic State grows stronger and creates a caliphate in the Middle East, the group would pose a threat to Europe.
On the other hand, in his Wednesday remarks PM Cameron ruled out the possibility of immediate UK intervention in Iraq.

"I've been very clear this country is not going to get involved in another Iraq war," he said. "We're not going to put combat troops, combat boots on the ground."
hmm Last time Iraq had a stable govt. under Saddam. They went in a destroyed it, saying there were fairy tale WMDs
Now there is a real threat and they aren't interested ? Something fishy here.

Source: Killer of US journalist Foley 'could be British' – UK PM — RT UK

Meriv90

Ok, I am not very knowledgeable about this. If what you say is true, and I certainly believe you, then this man is probably one of stupid actions, to die in the hands of those he "loved," but then, so did Jesus.
He was supporting the FSA cause, that is literrally the muslim brotherhood.
https://twitter.com/jfoleyjourno/with_replies

P.S. Just curious what was the pourpouse of mentioning Jesus in that sentence?

Just two italians went to Isis and one is already dead and the other dissapeared, and this is what happens if you preach hate in Italy:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/05/us-mideast-gaza-italy-imam-idUSKBN0G51YE20140805
best part of it that after seeing the video it gives the impression that he was denounced by his muslim audience,showing that the route is integration and not escalation.

Last edited:

pmaitra

He was supporting the FSA cause, that is literrally the muslim brotherhood.
https://twitter.com/jfoleyjourno/with_replies

P.S. Just curious what was the pourpouse of mentioning Jesus in that sentence?

Just two italians went to Isis and one is already dead and the other dissapeared, and this is what happens if you preach hate in Italy:
Italy expels imam accused of violent antisemitic comments | Reuters
best part of it that after seeing the video it gives the impression that he was denounced by his muslim audience,showing that the route is integration and not escalation.
Jesus was crucified by the very people he loved.

"Jesus of Nazereth, the King of the Jews."

The interpretation should be, that he loved mankind, and he suffered pain for mankind.

Sorry for going off into a spiritual angle. I am just upset at what happened, and what has been happening generally in Syria and Iraq (apart from E. Ukraine).

Meriv90

Jesus was crucified by the very people he loved.

"Jesus of Nazereth, the King of the Jews."

The interpretation should be, that he loved mankind, and he suffered pain for mankind.

Sorry for going off into a spiritual angle. I am just upset at what happened, and what has been happening generally in Syria and Iraq (apart from E. Ukraine).
I understood your metaphor, just be carefull on doing that comparision in front of a cristhian, I'm not offended an it is a simple advice since I lived in different countries/continents I had a lot of cultural mistakes in the past :thumb: that sometimes crippled relationships.

I'm seeing the positive side of this conflict finally the Kurds will get their earned country. Slowly the true etnic borders are showing and this is good for a long standing future peace situation.

pmaitra

I understood your metaphor, just be carefull on doing that comparision in front of a cristhian, I'm not offended an it is a simple advice since I lived in different countries/continents I had a lot of cultural mistakes in the past :thumb: that sometimes crippled relationships.

I'm seeing the positive side of this conflict finally the Kurds will get their earned country. Slowly the true etnic borders are showing and this is good for a long standing future peace situation.
No, no offense was intended at all, but thank you for your advice.

Yes, I have noticed that Christians in the US have some really different views about Christianity than what I had learnt when I was in a Salesian Roman Catholic School in India.

Jagdish58

Re: Medieval Cruelty in Modern Time: ISIS Thugs Behead American Journa

Uncle SAM ( USA) please supply more artillery , ammunition , stingers etc and funding to these ISIS thugs which you used to against Syrian rule of Bashar

see how you get repaid :frusty:

tramp

Really tragic. A group of people who are bent on taking societies back to the seventh century so that they can apply the laws made then even in this age.

Free Karma

wrong post

apple

I'm with you about the Kurds, they deserve their own country. But, don't see how that has gotten much closer. Even if Iraq lets them leave, Turkey and Iran wont be granting their Kurdish area independence and will attempt to prevent an Kurdistan in Iraq.

You're very tolerant, understanding the metaphor by someone who was "educated by Salesians" who had somehow decided not to follow Vatican II in regards to teaching Jewish Deicide. Never knew the Salesian' s were fans of St. Mel Gibson...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles