Indian Defence Forum -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Newly elected radical Islamic leader issues fatwa against women wearing high heal

Liked
    3892 times
    India

Newly elected radical Islamic leader issues fatwa against women wearing high heal

EGYPT: Newly elected radical Islamic leader issues fatwa against women wearing high heal

December 7, 2011

The recent emergence of the hardline Salafi trend in Egypt after the January 25 revolution has given way to a series of controversial fatwas that mainly focused on women, Copts, culture and democracy.

Preacher Mustafa al-Adawi issued a fatwa prohibiting Muslim women from wearing high heels because they are a source of seduction for men.

“A woman can only wear high heels for her husband but she is not to do so outside her house,” he said.

Another cleric, Sheikh Mahmoud Amer, had issued a fatwa prohibiting Muslims from voting for Coptic candidates or their Muslim counterparts who do not pray on regular basis.

“It is forbidden by Islam to vote for them and whoever does that will be committing a grave sin,” he said.

Amer and other Salafi clerics opposed the Egyptian revolution and declared that rebelling against the ruler is forbidden in Islam.

Other controversial statements were issued by prominent Salafi and parliamentary candidate Abdel Moneim al-Shahat who said that democracy is a form of apostasy and categorized the works of Nobel laureate Naguib Mahfouz as “atheist literature.”

These statements were met with a lot of resentment by Egyptian intellectuals and men of letters who warned of the dangers of such extremist ideologies on Egyptian culture and the awareness of the Egyptian people.

In the same vein, Salafi cleric and potential presidential candidate Sheikh Hazem Salah Abu Ismail said he is against mingling of the sexes in public places.

Despite their rejection of the idea of democracy, several Salafi clerics were quick to join the political scene after the fall of the regime and one of their parties, al-Nour, scored unexpected results in the first stage of the country’s first post-Mubarak parliamentary elections.

Al-Nour Party came second after the Freedom and Justice Party, the political wing of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Egyptian Salafi clerics issue spat of controversial fatwas

› See More: Newly elected radical Islamic leader issues fatwa against women wearing high heal
    Strength lies not in defense but in attack. ~ Adolf Hitler.

Liked
    3892 times
    India
    http://defenceforumindia.com/asia-pacific-middle-east/28194-islamist-parties-may-have-won-70-vote.html

Everyone knew this is going to happen, Still Muslims of Egypt selected such Islamist parties as next government and rejected liberal and secular parties. I have start believing that actually Majority of Muslims prefer such Fatwas, Jihads and Islamic parties to rule the country.

Since, They themselves selected such Islamic radical government. Get ready for theocracy, sharia ,fatwas, burqas, flogging, stoning, Jihad and may be people want also..
    Last edited by Galaxy; 08-12-11 at 09:41 AM.

Liked
    1090 times
    India
    Why dont they laminate woman and hang up in high ceiling.
    asato ma sadh gamaya
    tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
    mrutyor ma amritam gamaya

Liked
    10416 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    http://defenceforumindia.com/asia-pacific-middle-east/28194-islamist-parties-may-have-won-70-vote.html

Everyone knew this is going to happen, Still Muslims of Egypt selected such Islamist parties as next government and rejected liberal and secular parties. I have start believing that actually Majority of Muslims prefer such Fatwas, Jihads and Islamic parties to rule the country.

Since, They themselves selected such Islamic radical government. Get ready for theocracy, sharia ,fatwas, burqas, flogging, stoning, Jihad and may be people want also..
    The emboldened portion is the key word here.

This vote for the Islamists is probably more cultural than anything, especially since the people were unhappy with the Western backed regime and so they voted for something more domestic and deep rooted.

There are, however, Muslim countries and republics that have successfully kept the Church and the State separate and are usually not part of the Arab world. So it is probably cultural and not necessarily attributable to all Muslims.
    amitkriit and Virendra like this.
    No individual ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb individual die for his country. - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Liked
    348 times
    India
    They sowed the radical seed and they get radical fruit,

Liked
    3892 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by pmaitra View Post
    The emboldened portion is the key word here.

This vote for the Islamists is probably more cultural than anything, especially since the people were unhappy with the Western backed regime and so they voted for something more domestic and deep rooted.

There are, however, Muslim countries and republics that have successfully kept the Church and the State separate and are usually not part of the Arab world. So it is probably cultural and not necessarily attributable to all Muslims.
    It's same thing.

It's between Secular & Liberal Vs Radical Islamic rule. They opted for latter.

By keeping the Church away, they invited theocracy, sharia ,fatwas, burqas, flogging, stoning, Jihad. Even the party which lost the election was not related with west but even if that is the case, That is much better one.

It's better to chose liberal and move in 22nd century rather than keep themselves in 6th century tradition. It happens only in Islamic state, May be that's why they are most backward and still living in old age and world is moving forward. There is no excuse. But anyway, It's their choice !!

Liked
    1090 times
    India
    Wont be surprised if they erase pyramids citing nonreligious.
    asato ma sadh gamaya
    tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
    mrutyor ma amritam gamaya

KS
    Liked
    5686 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Preacher Mustafa al-Adawi issued a fatwa prohibiting Muslim women from wearing high heels because they are a source of seduction for men.

“A woman can only wear high heels for her husband but she is not to do so outside her house,” he said.
    What's the effing use in putting high heels inside house..?

Or perhaps did he mean this ?

dominatrix 2

Boy o boy..these mullahs are getting sophisticated...
    amitkriit likes this.
    Hindus have always been playing the game by the rules set by their enemies - Koenraad Elst

Political correctness is a cancer that must be weeded out of the Indian psyche if the nation is to develop.

Ray
    Liked
    20236 times
    India
    I am not too sure if high heels are seductive or not.

However, this I know and that is if the husband is short and the wife is tall, then if they go for a walk with the lady in high heels, the man looks henpecked!

Ask Sarkozy!

Sarkozy’s midget-like height has long been discussed in European media. Reportedly, he is extremely sensitive about his small stature and reacts angrily to any aspersions about his tiny frame.

What makes things worse for him is that his supermodel wife Carla Bruni towers over the president by at least four inches (even without high heels)!
    ejazr likes this.
    521707 386141578096536 1414399079 n
    I am a common man. but I will stir the smooth sands of status quoism, monotony & apathy.

Liked
    21 times
    India
    this mullahs coz of there reservation against women ,are so frustrated sexually they find anything about women sexy even here high heel...
    God Made women beautiful... issue fatwa against him alsooooo...

Ray
    Liked
    20236 times
    India
    Pakistan mullahs are not frustrated since they savour the charms of girls and boys.

I did not say that.

Venna Malik said that in answer to a Mullah in a TV debate with the Mullah man!
    521707 386141578096536 1414399079 n
    I am a common man. but I will stir the smooth sands of status quoism, monotony & apathy.

Stars and Ambassadors
    Liked
    3626 times
    India
    What's with all these fatwas and pronouncements lately?

I think the world is going to lose one more country to the Islamist cancer, with Mullahs gaining ascendancy there.

Liked
    673 times
    egypt will be another no go area for world people.
    Internet is too powerful for your dumb questions!!!!

Liked
    4431 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalorean View Post
    What's with all these fatwas and pronouncements lately?

I think the world is going to lose one more country to the Islamist cancer, with Mullahs gaining ascendancy there.
    What fatwa you want ?

I can get one announced for you by paying local mullah $$$. Last year on tv mullah issued fatwa against sleeping on bed.

all of it is nonsense and fatwa itself is meaningless.
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Liked
    3892 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    What fatwa you want ?

I can get one announced for you by paying local mullah $$$. Last year on tv mullah issued fatwa against sleeping on bed.

all of it is nonsense and fatwa itself is meaningless.
    Although I don't know much about Quaran but Fatwa and Jihad are also considered as sixth pillar of Islam what i read from few sites !!

A fatwā in the Islamic faith is a juristic ruling concerning Islamic law issued by an Islamic scholar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information