The Syrian Crisis

pmaitra

So you really believe french, us intelligence sevices mount false flag operations , using dead bodies from a chemical attack they organized or covered , to wrongly accuse the Assad regime of mass crimes in its prisons . With the complicity or credulity of organisations like Human Rights Watch organisations. I just feel sorry for you and all the Indians members of this forum sharing these views, because you are sincere . But you have been abused by a very clever system of propaganda.

I regret having lost my control about this.
I don't doubt the honesty of French investigators. I doubt the honesty of those that receive the data from investigators and then process it through the political lens.

Last edited:

for truth

Country flag
Somebody get details of Qian Wei MANPADs. Anza are based on them.If got QW, we'll know how useful Anza gonna be.
I was rather curious of how these Anza MANPADS got to syrian rebels.

I got it from saurav jha's twitter, apparently saurav jha had predicted Pakistan aiding jihadi groups in Syria.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I was rather curious of how these Anza MANPADS got to syrian rebels.
And you have answered itself below.
I got it from saurav jha's twitter, apparently saurav jha had predicted Pakistan aiding jihadi groups in Syria.
Nothing surprising but Syria is a recipient of Indian Economic Aid and partner in some aspects.
We must look into the matter.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
The Defence Department made a big gaffe that helps Putin and Assad in Syria

NATASHA BERTRAND
The spokesman for the US military operation against the Islamic State made a comment in a Wednesday press briefing in Baghdad that helps justify Russia’s continued attacks on Syria’s largest city in the midst of a truce.

US Army Col. Steve Warren, the spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve in Iraq, was asked whether Russian airstrikes on Aleppo, the current epicentre of the war, meant that Moscow was preparing to end the cessation of hostilities (CoH) agreement between government forces and the opposition signed on February 29.

Warren responded that it was “complicated” because Nusra “holds Aleppo” and is not party to the agreement.

“I’m not going to predict what their intentions are,” Warren said of Russia. “What I do know is that we have seen, you know, regime forces with some Russian support as well begin to mass and concentrate combat power around Aleppo. … That said, it’s primarily al-Nusra who holds Aleppo, and of course, al-Nusra is not part of the cessation of hostilities. So it’s complicated.”

As Middle East analyst Kyle Orton noted on Twitter, Warren came “pretty close” to saying the coalition supports Russia’s airstrikes in the city. Those strikes, however, are aimed at degrading any and all opposition to Bashar al-Assad — the embattled president of Syria who the Obama administration has repeatedly insisted “has to go.”

Warren, moreover, was effectively echoing Russia’s own military spokesman, Lt. Gen. Sergei Rudskoi. He said earlier this month that 8,000 Nusra militants were amassing around Aleppo and preparing to cut off the city’s main road to Syria’s capital, Damascus.

Emile Hokayem, an expert on Syria and Middle East analyst at the International Institute for Strategic Studies, seemed surprise by Warren’s comments.

“Does the US military really believe that Nusra ‘holds Aleppo’?” Hokayem tweeted on Friday. “Did Warren misspeak?”

While Nusra has indeed been building up its presence in Aleppo since February, the city is also occupied by civilians and armed opposition groups associated with the US-backed Free Syrian Army that agreed to abide by the fragile agreement.
The CoH was brokered by US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at Geneva in February. Lavrov indicated that Russia would continue supporting the Assad regime’s attempts to “liberate” Aleppo, which he said had been “captured by illegal insurgent groups.”

But for one of the US’ top military leaders to stop short of condemning Russia’s airstrikes on the city sends mixed signals about Washington’s commitment to upholding the truce.
Warren’s comments came two days after US President Barack Obama urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to “use his influence with the Assad regime to live up to the commitments that they have made in the context of the cessation of hostilities,” said Josh Earnest, the White House press secretary.

He added: “Unfortunately, we’ve seen that the cessation of hostilities continues to be fragile and increasingly threatened due to continued violations by the regime.”

‘The worst day in Syria for over a year’
Syria’s civil defence, a neutral organisation of nearly 3,000 volunteers that respond to bombings against civilian communities in Syria, said warplanes attacked Aleppo at least 20 times on Friday in what was “the worst day in Syria for over a year.” At least 14 people were killed in the attack and dozens more wounded.

In Idlib, meanwhile, the White Helmets recorded even more attacks than in Aleppo on Friday. Nusra took over bases and seized US-supplied weapons from the Free Syrian Army’s 13th Division in Idlib last month, giving Assad another bargaining chip to argue that he is the best option for preventing the spread of terrorism in Syria.

Significantly, Nusra’s takeover of rebel-held areas around Syria has been met with fierce backlash by activists and the more moderate rebel groups battling Assad’s forces. Opposition groups realise that “the more territory al-Nusra controls, the more the ‘us or them’ narrative grows stronger and, ironically, the less support moderates get from the coalition,” Abu Faisal, a Syrian aid worker who goes by a pseudonym, told Business Insider’s Pamela Engel last month.

But Nusra’s presence in Idlib and Aleppo — and, now, Warren’s hint that the US might not be wholly opposed to a Russian offensive there — has given Moscow an excuse to revamp its military presence inside Syria just over one month after announcing it planned to withdraw from the conflict.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this week that Russia is moving heavy artillery back into the northeast, likely in preparation for a major escalation there.

“If Russia is signalling an offensive against Nusra, you can be sure other rebel groups will be targeted,” Nadav Pollak, a senior fellow at the Washington Institute, tweeted last week.

And as Jeff White, a military analyst at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, told Business Insider in an email,
the Russians are likely taking advantage of the crumbling cessation of hostilities by blaming violations on Nusra — and everyone else who opposes Assad.

“Even if they don’t participate in a ‘pitched battle’ for Aleppo,” White said, “the Russians can still help the regime complete the isolation of the city.”

Source : http://www.businessinsider.com.au/defense-department-nusra-aleppo-putin-assad-2016-4

garg_bharat

Country flag
It seems to me that no resolution of Syria conflict is near. The figures are staggering. Just read somewhere yesterday that 11.2% of pre-war Syrian population is either killed or injured. Millions have become refugees in nearby countries or run to Europe.

45% of agriculture land is no longer tilled resulting in massive food shortage.

Syria is an absolute human tragedy.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Saudi Arabia Foreign Minister threatens providing rebels with surface to air missiles, says Bashar al Assad will be removed.

gadeshi

Saudi Arabia Foreign Minister threatens providing rebels with surface to air missiles, says Bashar al Assad will be removed.

This is a formidable bullshit and toothless threats only.
MANPADS are useless against Russian fighters and bombers because they fly at no less than 6000m while MANPADS are effective within 4-5km only.
All the Russian helos have Vitebsk defence suits with President-S DIRCRM stations that make MANPADS also useless.
Saudis cannot provide real AD complexes like Hawk, Crotale or the like (Patriot is not even discussed) due to political and technical reasons.

So, let's treat this as a bullshit threats to cover Saudi helplessness to influe on situation.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Tactical Frog

Country flag
This is a formidable bullshit and toothless threats only.
MANPADS are useless against Russian fighters and bombers because they fly at no less than 6000m while MANPADS are effective within 4-5km only.
All the Russian helos have Vitebsk defence suits with President-S DIRCRM stations that make MANPADS also useless.
Saudis cannot provide real AD complexes like Hawk, Crotale or the like (Patriot is not even discussed) due to political and technical reasons.

So, let's treat this as a bullshit threats to cover Saudi helplessness to influe on situation.

I hope you are right for the sake of your helicopter pilots .. but is the Syrian Air Force equipped with the same Vitebsk suit ?
Anyway, I listened more carefully the second time and the prince says Saudi Arabia does not want to move unilaterally ... meaning they still wait for the green light from Washington .
They may never get this green light. Obama won't give it, Trump will likely not do it . Hillary I don't know.
The thing with Saudis is they are very determined. They won't give up . And they have almost illimited money, even at current oil price. Syria will be entirely destroyed unless Moscow, Riyad find some agreement on a third man solution .. someone like Manas Tlass, not Assad.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
View attachment 8248 Evidence ? The evidence is everywhere but you are so blindly deluded you don't even want to read or hear about it. This is an useless discussion to have.

There are abominable photos in the hand of french justice provided by a syrian defector known as "Caesar". Thousands of tortured , starved bodies . That is what Bashar el Assad is responsible for, among other crimes against mankind.
Is this the same kind of evidence NATO had when they claimed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and then invaded the nation and found none?

Is it the same evidence which Nayirah gave? you know about that Nayirah testimony story, don't you? no? perhaps your unbiased propaganda channels you watch didn't tell you, let me clue you in.

Watch how the west cooks up fake crocodile tears about people being killed :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)

The Nayirah testimony was a false testimony given before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus on October 10, 1990 by a 15-year-old girl who provided only her first name, Nayirah. The testimony was widely publicized, and was cited numerous times by United States senators and President George H.W. Bush in their rationale to back Kuwait in the Gulf War. In 1992, it was revealed that Nayirah's last name was al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎) and that she was the daughter of Saud Al-Sabah, the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States. Furthermore, it was revealed that her testimony was organized as part of the Citizens for a Free Kuwait public relations campaign which was run by American Hill & Knowlton for the Kuwaiti government. Following this, al-Sabah's testimony has come to be regarded as a classic example of modern atrocity propaganda.
All of this is secondary to the fact that you have no business meddling in other nations, no matter what theological right you think God has granted you to 'civilize the savages'. If you still do go ahead with it, don't come whining every time there is a blowback. No one has granted you the legal mandate to esnd your troops in foreign nations, it is an illegal war you are involved in, the premises for which were very certainly fabricated by your own government. If any nation can arbitrarily invade any nation for arbitrary reasons of alleged human rights violations based on killings carried out by non-state actors, or moderate terrorists as NATO likes to call them, no one is going to pay tributes to your fabricated moral high ground.

See the appealing conditions that France keeps its Muslims :

No water supply, no toilets, people are urinating in water bottles in concentration camps made by France for Algerian Muslims.

@pmaitra

France, which took advantage of the sympathy wave post the terror attacks, imposed emergency and used the provisions under the emergency to shut down 200 mosques. This information was conveniently buried by their so called democratic media which, by their own admission, cares so much for the welfare of Muslims that it recommends the invasion of Muslim nations to save Muslims.

Also, they managed to silence this information from coming out in the public. And they have the gall to lecture others on human rights?

Unarmed black kids are being shot in the US, should Russia and China invade the US to bring democracy to the black Americans? The Algerian Muslim migrants have been living in appalling conditions in France. Maybe France must also be invaded on human rights grounds.

Last edited:

gadeshi

I hope you are right for the sake of your helicopter pilots .. but is the Syrian Air Force equipped with the same Vitebsk suit ?
Anyway, I listened more carefully the second time and the prince says Saudi Arabia does not want to move unilaterally ... meaning they still wait for the green light from Washington .
They may never get this green light. Obama won't give it, Trump will likely not do it . Hillary I don't know.
The thing with Saudis is they are very determined. They won't give up . And they have almost illimited money, even at current oil price. Syria will be entirely destroyed unless Moscow, Riyad find some agreement on a third man solution .. someone like Manas Tlass, not Assad.
Or Saudis will make a bad move and end its life.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
So you really believe french, us intelligence services mount false flag operations , using dead bodies from a chemical attack they organized or covered , to wrongly accuse the Assad regime of mass crimes in its prisons . With the complicity or credulity of organisations like Human Rights Watch. I just feel sorry for you and all the Indians members of this forum sharing these views, because you are sincere . But you have been abused by a very clever system of propaganda.

I regret having lost my control about this.
Here are the Human Rights Organizations doing humanitarian work :

Ohh, wait, that's just propaganda, my bad. Let me go find some 'non-propaganda news' which aligns with your nation's foreign policy and suits your tastes...

Last edited:

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Here are the Human Rights Organizations doing humanitarian work :

Ohh, wait, that's just propaganda, my bad. Let me go find some 'non-propaganda news' which aligns with your nation's foreign policy and suits your tastes...
Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International are also CIA funded , you think ?

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Is this the same kind of evidence NATO had when they claimed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and then invaded the nation and found none?

Is it the same evidence which Nayirah gave? you know about that Nayirah testimony story, don't you? no? perhaps your unbiased propaganda channels you watch didn't tell you, let me clue you in.

Watch how the west cooks up fake crocodile tears about people being killed :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)

All of this is secondary to the fact that you have no business meddling in other nations, no matter what theological right you think God has granted you to 'civilize the savages'. If you still do go ahead with it, don't come whining every time there is a blowback. No one has granted you the legal mandate to esnd your troops in foreign nations, it is an illegal war you are involved in, the premises for which were very certainly fabricated by your own government. If any nation can arbitrarily invade any nation for arbitrary reasons of alleged human rights violations based on killings carried out by non-state actors, or moderate terrorists as NATO likes to call them, no one is going to pay tributes to your fabricated moral high ground.

See the appealing conditions that France keeps its Muslims :

No water supply, no toilets, people are urinating in water bottles in concentration camps made by France for Algerian Muslims.

@pmaitra

France, which took advantage of the sympathy wave post the terror attacks, imposed emergency and used the provisions under the emergency to shut down 200 mosques. This information was conveniently buried by their so called democratic media which, by their own admission, cares so much for the welfare of Muslims that it recommends the invasion of Muslim nations to save Muslims.

Also, they managed to silence this information from coming out in the public. And they have the gall to lecture others on human rights?

Unarmed black kids are being shot in the US, should Russia and China invade the US to bring democracy to the black Americans? The Algerian Muslim migrants have been living in appalling conditions in France. Maybe France must also be invaded on human rights grounds.
France is not US . We did not brought up this shit about WMD in Iraq and dead babies in Kuwait. The Caesar files are real, identity of several of the victims has been confirmed by relatives.
And what is that BS about concentration camps in France for muslims ? You got to be kidding me.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International are also CIA funded , you think ?
Of course not. I believe they are pious angels who have descended directly from heaven, on a short sabbatical to civilize the heathens. I mean, how could I even accuse organizations like Human Rights Watch with an impeccable record of unbiased service to the NATO throne during the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq? It would be completely preposterous on my part to doubt the integrity of such an unblemished organization. I'm sure these organizations are also raising their voice dispassionately even in places where NATO has no imperial ambitions.

The most unbiased of them all is the UN, which not only stayed silent throughout a genocide of 3 million people in Bangladesh during 1971, but even passed extremely unbiased resolutions to coerce India from intervening to stop the genocide. I'm sure they even spoke up during the NATO bombing of Kosovo and Libya where many civilians died, I mean, I've seen no evidence of it, but I'll just have to take your word for it, in good faith. I'm sure these organizations also spoke up very strongly during the genocide of Kashmir Pandits in 1990s, you know, because they are the most unbiased and unblemished organizations which the human race has ever witnessed, totally devoid of any western influence, even in trace quantities. Yup, that is what I believe, but that is after I have smoked some of these in good quantities :

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
France is not US
Of course France is not US. US gave F16s to the terrorist state of Pakistan, France merely gave submarines, how could we even compare France to US. I mean, even a kid could tell the difference between a plane and a submarine. You are not being accused for crimes you didn't commit, merely by association with the US, no sir, you are a proud nation which has a very independent and illustrious record of arming jihadi states and groups, happily and voluntarily, independent of any American prodding. How could I commit the folly of clubbing you with the US and denying you the glory? I'm not a monster, man.

However if you could please explain what humanitarian assistance your Rafales are delivering with the MBDA missiles pounding Syria? is there food, water and marshmallows inside those bombs you are dropping on Syria? How considerate of you, I'm sure Syrian kids are truly relishing all those French cookies and chocolates after having been mistreated by Assad. I'm glad that you're helping all these battered victims of Assad's violence by building schools, hospitals and roads in Syria, aren't you? After all, you do claim that the primary concern for you to get involved in Syria was humanitarian and not geostrategic, like all those evil Russian propaganda channels are claiming.

France is also independently deployed in Algeria and Libya, Burkina Faso, Mali, Chad and Niger. Your planes are doing great humanitarian service by dropping bombs there too. I'm sure a new school crops up every time you drop a bomb. Though, I'm not sure if there was a bogeyman called Assad ruling in all these nations too? Was there a Libyan Assad, Chadian Assad, Malian Assad and Algerian Assad your army went in to topple? I'm just an ignorant punk who only has access to propaganda channels like RT, man, you sure have access to more unbiased premium content. I hope you enlighten me. I sure would like to see what a Malian Assad looks like.

Give me some more moral sermons, I am all ears.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles