The Syrian Crisis

AnantS

Country flag
Blood ties can not speculate. This reason does not allow the relatives to come to your house and give a shit in the middle of the room.
Alrighty, I expected more of reasonable post from you outlining reason in rational manner. But you are just venting out whatever bad blood between you and Russia has cropped due to ongoing war. Anyway over and out

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Alrighty, I expected more of reasonable post from you outlining reason in rational manner. But you are just venting out whatever bad blood between you and Russia has cropped due to ongoing war. Anyway over and out
I have already explained.A relative has no right topick you have everything hewants.
Can be in India accepted but overall is considered property in the family. It's long been different families.

myana

SA sent their F-16 in Turkey. How long before the global war in the Middle East?
Saudi & Turkey are saying they will do aerial raids on ISIS held territories.

Russia & Syria are saying without authorization and coordination of Syrian Government(Assad Regime) entering Syrian territory is clear violation of Sovereignty of Syria & they will shoot down anything that enters the Syrian Airspace.

I guess it will take S400 SAM to bring down Saudi or Turkey plane down in Syrian Airspace to start a Major International war aka World war 3. It will be very interesting to see how US will react & People/Congress of US will react once it is done. We have fair idea how everybody else will react i.e Saudi & its coalition will attack on Syria, Russia, Iran forces & They will defend it. I would also like to see How will UNSC & Banki Moon will respond.

OR

will this entire episode of Saudi & Turkey threats will be a mere Sabre rattling need to wait and see.

Interesting days ahead.

pmaitra

I see that lines of worry on Erdogan's forehead are increasing by the day. I don't see him smiling very often like he used to.

pmaitra

Saudi & Turkey are saying they will do aerial raids on ISIS held territories.

Russia & Syria are saying without authorization and coordination of Syrian Government(Assad Regime) entering Syrian territory is clear violation of Sovereignty of Syria & they will shoot down anything that enters the Syrian Airspace.

I guess it will take S400 SAM to bring down Saudi or Turkey plane down in Syrian Airspace to start a Major International war aka World war 3. It will be very interesting to see how US will react & People/Congress of US will react once it is done. We have fair idea how everybody else will react i.e Saudi & its coalition will attack on Syria, Russia, Iran forces & They will defend it. I would also like to see How will UNSC & Banki Moon will respond.

OR

will this entire episode of Saudi & Turkey threats will be a mere Sabre rattling need to wait and see.

Interesting days ahead.
The US does not want confrontation with Russia.

If Turkish or Saudi airplanes enter Syria and if they are shot down, NATO Article 5 cannot be invoked.

myana

The US does not want confrontation with Russia.

If Turkish or Saudi airplanes enter Syria and if they are shot down, NATO Article 5 cannot be invoked.
Exactly what I am looking forward for how will US administration & Nato will react to the shooting down of a Plane. If Barack Obama(Nobel peace prize holder) will join the attack if he joins it will he use the his executive powers or he will wait for congressional decisions, what will republican dominated congress will decide..........

As far as post shooting down of the plane goes Turkey & Saudi (and its sunni coalition) will go full throttle with already amassed Tanks & Troops and invade Syria. Russia has already brought in Kalibr CMs which are nuclear tipped into Bosphorus. Iran ready to send most of the troops in.

:daru:

US is asking it 'Ally Turkey' not to Bomb YPG(its ally in war with ISIS). Turkey is not listening what will US do deescalate growing tensions in Syrian Border.

pmaitra

Exactly what I am looking forward for how will US administration & Nato will react to the shooting down of a Plane. If Barack Obama(Nobel peace prize holder) will join the attack if he joins it will he use the his executive powers or he will wait for congressional decisions, what will republican dominated congress will decide..........

As far as post shooting down of the plane goes Turkey & Saudi (and its sunni coalition) will go full throttle with already amassed Tanks & Troops and invade Syria. Russia has already brought in Kalibr CMs which are nuclear tipped into Bosphorus. Iran ready to send most of the troops in.

:daru:

US is asking it 'Ally Turkey' not to Bomb YPG(its ally in war with ISIS). Turkey is not listening what will US do deescalate growing tensions in Syrian Border.
There are calls from people in the US to distance itself from Turkey.

The Chairman of the US House of Foreign Affairs Committee said that either Turkey shouldn't be in NATO, or the US shouldn't. Recently, John Kerry remarked to the "moderates" in Syria, that was was he supposed to do? Go to war with Russia? He blamed them for boycotting previous talks. Erdogan has accused the US of letting Turkey down.

myana

There are calls from people in the US to distance itself from Turkey.
US, Germany, UK are talking in different levels to Turkey from past 2-3 days to stop shelling Kurd & SAA positions but Turkey is ignoring everybody and going ahead with its plan, so this may give Nato a chance to not to support Turkey but on the other hand you have Saudi which are raring to go to war with syrians & iranians.
How will it lead Saudi Coalition vs Syria, Russia, Iran

pmaitra

Iranian General issues direct warning to Saudi Arabia over military escalation in Syria
The Deputy Chief of Staff for the Iranian Army issued a direct warning to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after the latter deployed several aerial assets to Turkey on Saturday.

Speaking to Al-Alam TV on Sunday, Brigadier General Massoud Al-Jazayeri stated “we will not let the situation in Syria be dictated by opposing countries. We will take the necessary actions in due time.”

This was General Jazayeri’s response to a question regarding Iran’s plan to deploy more military advisers to Syria if the Saudi Army enters the country.

The Saudi regime confirmed on Saturday that they had deployed several warplanes to the Incirlik Military Airport in southern Turkey in order to “intensify” their operations against the so-called “Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham” (ISIS).

General Jazayeri added that “the terrorists fighting in Syria today are the same forces used by Saudi Arabia and Americans in the region.”

From “what country, except Turkey, do the terrorists commute to Syria? Which countries, if not the reactionary Arab countries, support them?” he asked.

“Today, with the victories of the Syrian army and the popular forces, they want to send troops to Syria, but it is a bluff and a psychological war,” Jazayeri added.

“Saudi Arabia has used everything at its disposal in the Syrian front and so far they have failed not only in Syria but also in Yemen.”

Quotes provided by the AFP and IRNA

pmaitra

US, Germany, UK are talking in different levels to Turkey from past 2-3 days to stop shelling Kurd & SAA positions but Turkey is ignoring everybody and going ahead with its plan, so this may give Nato a chance to not to support Turkey but on the other hand you have Saudi which are raring to go to war with syrians & iranians.
How will it lead Saudi Coalition vs Syria, Russia, Iran
It is difficult to predict the future. I don't have a crystal ball. :)

It might be possible that European leaders are trying to weight down upon Erdogan's close minions, if not Erdogan himself. Turkey might not have been helpless four years ago, but now, it might have little leeway, given that the US and Russia, both are allied with the Kurds, and given Turkey's liaison with ISIS has been exposed.

pmaitra

Former Foreign Minister Yaşar Yakış has warned that Turkey may risk losing a portion of its own territory should it decide to intervene militarily in Syria amid an intensified military campaign by regime forces backed by Russia.

In an interview with Today's Zaman, Yakış stated that Turkey may look to occupy the region between Azaz and Jarablus in Syria, which is known as the “Mare Line,” to protect rebels from the opposition but warned that Turkey may very well lose the Hatay province from its territory if things do not pan out the way Ankara expects.

The world would not accept such interference [by Turkey's military in Syria]. It would not allow the border to be redrawn unilaterally. What's more, if the Turkish military faced defeat, Syria might reintroduce the claim that Hatay belongs to Syria,” he explained.
Source: http://www.mfs-theothernews.com/2016/02/former-turkish-fm-turkey-may-lose.html

myana

Yakış noted that the Turkish military will have to face superior Russian forces if it intervenes in Syria, and he warned that Russia has been waiting for a reason to unleash severe punishment on Turkey since the Turkish Air Force shot down a Russian Su-24 bomber last year.
Most Interesting part of the article

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles