Zhang Ziyi files lawsuit over 'prostitute' claims

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Zhang Ziyi files lawsuit over 'prostitute' claims

Lawyers for the actor said allegations by a Hong Kong tabloid that she had links with disgraced Chinese politician Bo Xilai and other government officials had caused immense distress

One of China's best known female actors, Zhang Ziyi, has mounted a lawsuit over claims that she was paid $110m (£71m) over a period of several years for work as a prostitute.

Lawyers for the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon actor say she suffered "immense grievance and distress" when the Hong Kong-based tabloid Apple Daily reported in May that she had slept with the disgraced Chinese politician Bo Xilai, the former minister of commerce who was ousted from the Communist party politburo earlier this year, as well as other "high government officials". The state-backed web portal China.org.cn also reported at the time that the actor was being investigated by the authorities and had been banned from leaving the country.

Zhang denies both sets of allegations and yesterday filed a lawsuit at the high court of Hong Kong seeking unspecified libel damages from Next Media over stories in its publications Apple Daily and Next Magazine. According to the South China Morning Post and the state-owned China News Service, she is also suing an unnamed Chinese language news website in the US that is believed to have been the source of the claims.

More at:

Zhang Ziyi files lawsuit over 'prostitute' claims | Film | guardian.co.uk

The unfortunate part of being a celebrity is that a lot of muck can be thrown at you.

Poor woman.

Did a great role in the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and that is what should be remembered of her.

Her private life is of nobody's concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

trackwhack

The whole episode is possibly being stage managed to remove any credibility that Bo had left. The CCP sure knows how to skin someone alive.

I think CCP's real motive with taking Bo out was possibly the fact that the individual was becoming bigger than the party. CCP knows that another Mao in China will ruin the country. I mean, there are dozens of politicians who are way more corrupt and have ammased several times the wealth that Bo did.

I have posted this video before. It is one heck of a peice of analysis and he talks about Bo Xilai and the CCP and how things may pan out. He also talks about the China Agritech and why people should short it. Within a year the company has nearly collapsed.

Last edited by a moderator:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
How does it matter if she is a pros....majority of such women in Bollywood are known whores and still celebrated as elite intellectual modern 'Indian' new age women; so let their (CCPs) dirty politics be theirs!

trackwhack

How does it matter if she is a pros....majority of such women in Bollywood are known whores and still celebrated as elite intellectual modern 'Indian' new age women; so let their (CCPs) dirty politics be theirs!
You are missing the point sir, no one cares about her. Its Bo Xilai that is the target here.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Just for the record, the lady in my avatar is not Zhang Ziyi.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just for the record, the lady in my avatar is not Zhang Ziyi.

No one suggested that your avatar is same as the woman who has been accused for sleeping indiscriminately.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The hairstyle must be common in China.

Notice the hairstyles of the picture of the film star and the hairstyle in the avatar.

Even the hair strand that is separate from the rest of the hairstyle (over her right eye) is similar!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It was not a suggestion.

It was a question.

Now that you raised it, the similarities are quite stark.

But what of it?

One can have an avatar of Mata Hari. That would not make one a slinky, sexy spy!

Last edited:

Tronic

hush, Bo and Zhang? let's discuss in a near whisper
Ziyi or Zhang Dejiang?

Ironical to see Bo get replaced by a man who hid the SARS outbreak, secretly poisoned poor villagers by dumping Cadmium in the Bei River, and called in the PAP to shoot to kill any villagers protesting against land seizures by the government. That's CCP for you!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
well she can sleep with any one she wants, man or woman, it is sleeping for money or for favors that is wrong, btw she was looking fresh and innocent in CTHD movie love her role

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This excessive lust for money and status among many Chinese is definitely not good. Zhang Zyi destroyed herself, of course we don't know yet what this scandal will do to her career. But as someone earlier said here it is the "pay-for-sex" part in this sex scandal that is objectionable, not the indiscriminate hooking up for sex.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Mata Hari came to a bad end.

Mata Hari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 13 February 1917, Mata Hari was arrested in her room at the Hotel Elysee Palace, on the Champs Elysee (now the HSBC french headquarter), in Paris. She was put on trial, accused of spying for Germany and consequently causing the deaths of at least 50,000 soldiers. Although the French and British intelligence suspected her of spying for Germany, neither could produce definite evidence against her. Secret ink was found in her room, which was incriminating evidence in that period. She contended that it was part of her make-up.[11] She wrote several letters to the Dutch Consul in Paris, claiming her innocence. "My international connections are due of my work as a dancer, nothing else [...]. Because I really did not spy, it is terrible that I cannot defend myself."[12] She was found guilty and was executed by firing squad on 15 October 1917, at the age of 41.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This excessive lust for money and status among many Chinese is definitely not good. Zhang Zyi destroyed herself, of course we don't know yet what this scandal will do to her career. But as someone earlier said here it is the "pay-for-sex" part in this sex scandal that is objectionable, not the indiscriminate hooking up for sex.
Does anyone remember the controversy when she was frolicking with her foreign boyfriend, topless on a beach ? Chinese netizens flew into a rage. I wonder waht will happen now :tsk:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Film industry is the same everywhere, Hollywood, Bollywood or East Asia. If you wanna make it, you have to sleep with the producer, the regisseur, and everyone else who has the money and power, and in China that also includes the top party bosses.
This is a dirty industry, it is an open secret. Zhang Ziyi is a whore just like Cecilia Cheung is a whore or Fan Bingbing is a whore.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles