Zardari's Visit to India

huaxia rox

China praises Zardari's visit to India

China praises Zardari's visit to India - World News - IBNLive

Beijing: China on Sunday lauded Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari's visit to India, saying better ties between the two nuclear-armed neighbours would benefit both countries and bring stability in the region.

"Better ties between Pakistan and India, two nuclear-armed heavyweight neighbours on the South Asian subcontinent, will benefit both countries and regional stability," a commentary by state-run Xinhua news agency said.

"The two countries' efforts in warming up their ties certainly are welcomed and applauded by the international community including China, which neighbours both nations and maintains significant ties with them," it said.

Noting that Pakistan's decision to phase out major restrictions on Indian imports by the end of the year, it said "better bilateral ties will undoubtedly boost their economies and may help bring down their defence expenditures, bringing tangible benefits to the two countries and peoples".

China and Pakistan have been all-weather friends over the past decades, while both China and India have been members of BRICS, a bloc of five major emerging economies that also includes Brazil, Russia and South Africa.

"China wants to further boost ties with both countries, and is happy to witness continuous improvement of the Pakistan-India ties," it said.
"Peaceful coexistence between the two countries, which fought three wars after their independence from the British rule in 1947 and engaged in a tit-for-tat nuclear test race in 1998, is indispensable for regional stability, which is vital for regional prosperity and China's modernisation drive," the news agency said.

----------
my comments:
some indian friends in the forum told me goi has recognized tibet to be part of prc and will not support the cause of followers of the dalai lama to go independent and goi actually curbed some of their moves......

and now i m telling u guys my indian friends.....gov of prc has said.....'"Better ties between Pakistan and India, two nuclear-armed heavyweight neighbours on the South Asian subcontinent, will benefit both countries and regional stability," ......so pls take the chance.....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India will judge Pak ties with action on Saeed, terror, PM tells Pak Presiden

NEW DELHI: Linking the progress in bilateral ties to Pakistan taking action against Hafiz Saeed and others responsible for Mumbai terror attacks, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday plainly told President Asif Ali Zardari that this was important for normalisation of relations between the two neighbours.

Zardari, who made a stopover in the capital for little over two hours on his way to pilgrimage to Ajmer, heard from Singh a reiteration of India's commitment to engage with Pakistan but was left in no doubt that action on terrorism was an essential step towards that.

Singh brought up the issue of terrorism "affront" and activities of LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, mastermind of 26/11 terror strikes in Mumbai, on whom the US announced a USD 10 million bounty, although Pakistani leader had said in Lahore on Sunday that he did not expect Singh "will make me sit (and discuss only) this issue."

"Taking up the issue of terrorism, the Prime Minister told Zardari that it was imperative that perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack be brought to justice and prevent activities aimed against India from Pakistani soil. He also discussed the activities of Hafiz Saeed," foreign secretary Ranjan Mathai told reporters here.

"The problem of terrorism which is a major issue by which the Indian people will judge progress in bilateral relationship," Mathai quoted Singh as having told Zardari.

The 40-minute one-on-one meeting between the two leaders covered a wide gamut of bilateral, regional and global issues and in brief comments to the media, Singh and Zardari termed their talks as "constructive" and "fruitful" where they agreed to continue with step-by-step approach in addressing issues like Kashmir, Siachin and Sir Creek among other matters.

Singh played host to Zardari and his son Bilawal along with few other members of 40-strong entourage at his Race Course Road residence.

External affairs minister S M Krishna, home minister P Chidambaram, Rahul Gandhi, BJP leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj and Pakistan interior minister Rehman Malik were among the 20 guests at the lunch.

Asked about Zardari's response to the Prime Minister's remarks on Saeed, Mathai said the Pakistan President felt that further discussion was required and since the home secretaries of the two countries will be meeting shortly, the issue will be taken up that time.

According to diplomatic sources, the issue of terrorism was discussed "upfront" by the Prime Minister, who mentioned that he wanted normal relations between India and Pakistan and to be able to move in that direction, action regarding terrorism, specifically bringing the perpetrators of Mumbai attacks to justice, is one of the expectation.

"This can be kept in mind... to make progress in relationship," sources quoted Singh as having told Zardari.

Improving trade relations between India and Pakistan was touched upon, Mathai said, adding the commerce ministers of the two countries had already discussed the issue in detail earlier and a way forward has been decided.

"The Prime Minister appreciated that Pakistan has moved ahead on bilateral trade," the foreign secretary said.

Earlier, in his statement to press, Singh said, "President Zardari and I had a very constructive and friendly exchange of views on all bilateral issues which affect the relation between India and Pakistan.

"President Zardari is on a private visit and I have taken advantage of this visit to discuss with him all bilateral issues and I am very satisfied with the outcome of this visit. President Zardari has also invited me to visit Pakistan. I would be very happy to visit Pakistan on a mutually convenient date."

He said the relation between India and Pakistan should become normal. "That's our common desire. We have number of issues and we are willing to find practical and pragmatic solutions to all those issues and that's the message President Zardari and I wish to convey," he said.

Describing the talks "fruitful", Zardari said "We would like to have better relations with India. We spoke on all topics that we could have spoken about and hope to meet on Pakistan soil very soon."

Mathai said Singh's visit to Pakistan will be "worked out after the substantive preparations for it have been made."

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/12581791.cms

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Bagal mein chhuri Aur muh mein ram nam!

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
MMS must not accept the offer to visit their country until those blood sucker who are roaming freely in streets of paki land is thrown to jail or sent to meet their 72 pigs in heaven.

Although IMO i wonder Zardari can find 100's of Mosques in India which are popular but will MMS find a single working Great Temple or Gurudwara ? i dont think so those puki has any they have destroyed every thing lol and neither allowed any new Worship place

May be MMS also visit Mosque in Paki land so to get the vote in India and appease suckulars :p

Blackwater

Zardari donates 1 million dollars to the Ajmer Dargah

Ajmer: After the diplomatic stopover in Delhi, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari visited the 13th century Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Dargah in Ajmer, where he spent around 20 minutes and offered flowers and chadar. Mr Zardari also reportedly donated one million dollars to the Dargah.

"The soulful happiness that I have experienced at this holy place is beyond explanation. I pray to Allah to make life easy for the entire humanity," Mr Zardari wrote in a diary at the Dargah.

He landed in the city in a chopper soon after 4 pm on Sunday after a lunch with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and several other leaders in New Delhi. Accompanying the president in his Ajmer visit was his 23-year-old son Bilawal Bhutto Zardari.

During the Zardaris visit, the Dargah in Ajmer was closed to all other visitors. About 1,500 policemen had been posted in and around the Dargah; the security arrangements included rapid response teams and counter-terrorism units. Security inspections were on till late last night in Ajmer. (Pics: Zardari in Ajmer Dargah)

Mr Zardari last visited Ajmer in 2005 with his wife Benazir Bhutto. Ms Bhutto had also visited the Dargah in 2003 and prayed to Garib Nawaz for the release of her husband; Mr Zardari, was in prison then. Once he was released, both visited the shrine two years later.

Zardari visits Ajmer Dargah after seven years

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Just like his late Father-in-Law, he too is preparing his son for Kursi. It is a bad omen to start with. Benazir use to follow her father most of the time. Was he here to give some kind of letter to be forwarded to USA administration like a memo gate?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Well depends on what the objectives were. Maybe Zardari had some secret message to deliver to India which he wanted to do personally. It could be anything because he had also requested a 1 on 1 - no note takers/scribes for 1 hour with MMS.

For all we know he could be talking about doing a Gorbachev on Pakistan with India's help. He has been given a tough time by the Pakistani Punjabi establishment and both his son and he himself have made some very provocative statements castigating the Punjabi establishment just before coming to India.
I just read your post after posting my #66. As you see in my post, I went a step further. Do you see the possibility of this happening. I say this because in my opinion, India played a pivotal role behind the door in bringing USA and Myanmar closer diplomatically. MMS does talk much but he gets the things done behind the door diplomacy.

SADAKHUSH

Just like his late Father-in-Law, he too is preparing his son for Kursi. It is a bad omen to start with. Benazir use to follow her father most of the time. Was he here to give some kind of letter to be forwarded to USA administration like a memo gate?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
is this an english forum.
It is an English forum but certain times, Hindi idioms fit the topic on hand.

BTW it kind of meant you hide a dagger with you and talk sweet.

ejazr

Ambassador
@Ejazr n others what is meeting with 1-to-1have . does PM shares details of his meeting with cabinet , Foreign Secretary ,cocern ministries . what happens when PM OF INDIA CHANGES . does outgoing pm shares with incoming PM
Well PM is first among equals, MMS would certainly discuss with his colleagues because he is not a unilateralist. And In any case, the PM depends on his secretary so he would probably do a brain dump after the chat and keep the note private until needed. But other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

In any case, 1 hour is a long time for a 1 on 1 meeting because you can only talk about weather, health and family for 10-15 mins before you start having those silent pauses. Maybe once we start declassifying our cabinet notes and secret documents in the future, we will know exactly what happened.

Till then, wait for Najam Sethi's next show to give his "analysis" on what happened in India. :D

ejazr

Ambassador
Could the active trade and business become a medium for China to indirectly dump its shitload into India via Pakistan?
Sorry I'm not very good in these Trade and Business things. Just want to understand the possible risks for us.
Well the pros and cons of India Pakistan trade is a topic in itself and well worth its own thread.

What I will say here is that the MEA and GoI both under NDA and UPA has been pushing for trade liberalization before any Kashmir issue is discussed. The GoP and more specifically the PA/ISI wanted it the other way around. So PAkistan now agreeing to trade liberalization and putting Kashmir on back burner is a victory of sorts for GoI.

On trade itself, a number of studies have been done on the potential. The first step would be a MFN status which is what Pakistan is working on. The second step would be an FTA.

An MFN status would not allow Chinese products to come via Pakistan unless more than 50% of the value addition of the product is INSIDE Pakistan. In this case, technically it becomes a Pakistani product.

According to the trade study, India would be exporting upto $15 billion within 5 years as compared to importing $4billion worth of Pakistani goods (mainly textiles and cement). So Pakistan would definitely end up with a trade deficit no matter what when trade relations are liberalized.
India-Pakistan trade - Dr Ishrat Husain

What is interesting is that Gilani has talked about a India-China model for Pakistan relations to sell the policy back home. As you may know, we have $70 Billion trade relation with China despite the hostilities.

What we should endeavor is to make Indo-Pakistani relations more like China-Taiwanese relations. Or even China-Japanese relations were China dominates the export and imports of the countries and can use trade as a lever in negotiations when needed. Case in point is the China-Japan standoff on the rare-earth metals exports that had been stopped by China. (China halts rare earth exports to Japan traders - The China Post)

GUNS-N- ROSES

i just wish that somebody had balllss to refuse that money given by Mr zardari. i am sure Ajmer Dargah trust is not certainly short of funds as they have regular donations from wealthy individuals. pakistani govt has always protected state sponsored terrorists so that money is laced with blood of innocent victims of terror attacks all accross india.

Blackwater

any pics of 2 pappus shaking hands

i mean rahul and bilawal

Global Defence

New threads

Articles