Your Zodiac sign may have changed!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Your Zodiac sign may have changed!

Agencies Posted online: Fri Jan 14 2011, 18:00 hrs
New Delhi : There is new on your zodiac sign. It may have changed!

An astronomer says the dates of many zodiac signs have changed due to the change's in the earth's alignment, as reported in the world media.

There might now also be a 13 th zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.

Astronomer Parkle Kunkle has said as the earth and the sun slowly move the signs gradually change.

The change didn't happen overnight. Almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began the 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year. Since then the earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.

The world media has reported while the sign many people were born under may now be different, it shouldn't affect horoscope readings.

These are now the fresh dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11

Pisces: March 11- April 18

Aries: April 18 - May 13

Taurus: May 13 - June 21

Gemini: June 21 - July 20

Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Have Zodiac Signs Changed?

by Carolyn Callahan - January 14th 2011 03:04pm - Read more Local News

Orono - If you visit social networking sites you might be noticing a lot of people talking about their signs.

A lot of excitement is being made about a report saying the astrological signs we were born with, might have changed.

Alan Davenport, the director of the Maynard F. Jordan Planetarium at the University of Maine in Orono tells us the effect everyone's talking about has been going on for thousands of years.

He says it's a basic change in the position of the Earth, describing it as a slow wobble of the Earth's axis.

Davenport tells us when astrologers look at the sky they focus on the position of the sun, planets and moon relative to the stars.

What people don't realize, Davenport says, is the orientation of these things has changed since astrology was invented more than 2,000 years ago.

"Astrologers have their own way of construing the sky and adjusting everything just so it suits you," said Alan Davenport, Director of the Maynard F. Jordan Planetarium.

Bottom line, Davenport says, your sign has not changed.

He says, if you're an Aires for instance, the sun is actually not in the constellation of Aires on your birthdate; when you were born it was off by two constellations.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
LOL No traits of the sign which is suggested here.....I belong to my own sign due the extreme traits I have not soft as suggested by new data!! :D

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Hilarious take on this by blogger greatbong

Causology

Published on January 14, 2011 in Silly. 19 Comments

So all of a sudden, all our Zodiac signs have changed. So, all you Scorpios, proud of being dangerous and sexy, guess what. You were as bland as a Libra. As astrology-conscious people realize that perhaps their "Hum baane tum baane ek dujje ke liye" was based on wrong facts and that the stars may not be as reliable as they thought they were , many are offended and puzzled. So we asked several people as to who they think is behind this sinister attempt to break up marriages, who it is that had fundamentally changed our astral identities.

Diggy: It was the RSS. Why just now Linda Goodman called me and said..What you don't believe me? Records? You mean you want my sun-charts? I have them. You mean her call-records? Wait give me a few days, need to make them up"¦..

Rediff Commentator 1: PORKI.

Rediff Commentator 2: North-Indians.

Rediff Commentator 3: This comment is awaiting moderator approval.

Prominent news anchor 1: Who else could it be? Internet Hindus.Whenever they see stars like us, they abuse and threaten"¦

Prominent news anchor 2: Misogynists. Incidentally what's my new star-sign? Oh my God, what should I tell them?

Internet Hindus: Pasta Madam. Raoul. What? Raoul is a French name? Who cares? They had the extra star all these years in Swiss Bank account. Yes of course media never reports it. It is Chormedia. Dalalmedia.

Pakistani liberal Zaid Hamid: Jews and Americans. George Lucas, a Jew in America, has been talking about making a war with stars for many years now"¦..Hindus"¦hah they don't have the intelligence for this"¦

Zardari: What? They changed the star signs? Wait. Where is my 10%? And oh Mr. Biden I need more money"¦

Didi: It is the Cheee-Peee-Emmmm"¦..they have been rigging for past thirty-five years. Now it is proven they rigged the constellations. I will call a Bondh"¦.

Calcuttan: Shahrukh Khan. Our dada's stars were in the good boxes. He changed this so that Shoni-Thakur comes into his seventh box.

Shahrukh Khan: Dada is like my brother. We all need to make sacrifices. I sacrificed Dada. By the way, this new constellation—will they name it after me? What? They have a name? Ophiuchus? Snake-bearer? No no let it be"¦.

Rakhi: I always knew there was something wrong when a Virgin symbolized my star-sign.

Arundhati: Wait for my twenty-page article in Outlook magazine once I have spent two days of "five-star research" going to each of the constellations.

Aamir Khan: Ailaaa"¦. I accept. It was me. When I was researching into stars while directing "Taare Zamein Pe" I realized the universe was all wrong. So I just told God—look I have been seeing your work for the past billion billion years and I am not happy. So here is what I am going to do. I am taking over. I have seen a few Youtube videos, I have read some old joke books. I think I am going to do a better job than you, dear God. We will give you rolling credits, if you are good. So yes this new star-sign is one of the results of my creativity.

Update: The star signs evidently wont change. This has all been a rumor. We asked people who do they think spread the rumor.

Diggy: It was the RSS. Why just now"¦"¦

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Calm Down, Your Zodiac Sign Did Not Change

Y'all need to calm down. We knew that yesterday's zodiac switch meme news was bogus all along. Turns out there's two zodiacs, always has been, and the one that most of us adhere to hasn't changed. But the larger issue is how many of you were so quick to believe your sign changed with the drop of a hat. We know in the cells of our soul that we are unshakably the sign we've always thought we were. We don't even need the chart anymore, so embedded in our aura is that belief. You know who else wasn't fazed?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Scientists are idiots....there are not 13 constellations...there are hundreds if not thousands!!

and constellations are not the basis of astrology!

and whoever did this must have hated scorpios....only 6 days wtf????

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The only time I have ever bothered to care about my sign was this hot chick who was deep into astrology. It was enough to get me some. Other than that, I have no use for it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The only time I have ever bothered to care about my sign was this hot chick who was deep into astrology. It was enough to get me some. Other than that, I have no use for it.
So how was it ? ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles