Yeh saali zindagi

ashdoc

Country flag
Irfan Khan is hopelessly in love with Chitrangada Singh......in fact so, so, so much that he is willing to do anything for her.......:rolleyes:

But alas......she is in love with somebody else !!

Aaaah !! The pains and the heartbreak of one-sided love....:redface:

But wait !!.....there's hope on the horizon !!:thumb:......Chitrangada's lover is a double-crosser who is fooling her .......besides , he's too too much of a big-shot to marry a poor singer like her......

But when will Chitrangada realise....... oh my darling darling Chits.......

Meanwhile Chitrangada's' boyfriend is kidnapped , and Chitrangada moves heaven and earth trying to save his life........

.......And who is there ever-ready to help her ??.......to comfort her in moments of despair ??

........Who else but our very own Mr bumbling wannabe hero--Irfan khan !!

And all the time he's hoping ......hoping......hoping against hope , that she will say those golden ......no , no silver words ( speech is silver , silence is golden , remember;) ) --' I LOVE YOU '.......

But the wait for those words is a interminably long one......

.......but does darling Chits really say those life shaking words to Irfan ???

Go and see the movie for that.......

Sorry to disappoint you folks , but actually the movie is not so romantic as I made it out to be ........

But the Irfan-Chitrangada plot is the most important one in a movie having many sub-plots......

.......And a movie full of confusion......

The hots are provided by newcomer Anita Rao , who kisses Arunodaya Singh with abandon , and looks so lovely , so delicate ......her skin seems so white , so soft .......a lot of people in the theater were wishing to be in Arunodaya's place !!

Now enough of daydreaming , and back to reviewing.......

The story unfolds in delhi and its environs, and director Sudhir Mishra does manage to get a grip on the confusion , while the movie goes on with generous dose of real-time uncensored gaali-galoch delhi-north indian style , and doses of shooting and killing .........

All the characters ( and believe me , there are too many ), and even the minor ruffians ,are introduced by their screen names coming on screen , giving the movie a whacky feel as it moves from delhi to georgia in the former soviet union to climaxing in mumbai .......

.........where Irfan is still waiting for darling chits to say those words he's been waiting for all his life......

verdict -- alls well that ends well ( amen to that :thumb: )

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I love your reviews Ashdoc. You have a way of writing them nice and easy. Thanks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles