Yeddyurappa to be reinstated as Karnataka chief minister

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

NEW DELHI: In latest developments, BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa is likely to be reinstated as Karnataka chief minister, according to TV reports.

The announcement will be made within 24 hours, news channels reported.

Yeddyurappa had earlier set a 48-hour deadline to the high command to make him chief minister.

The former CM has had a blow-hot-blow-cold approach in his war against the party leadership. But despite the battle, he has shown reluctance to quit the party.

A clean chit from the Karnataka high court in the illegal mining case emboldened Yeddyurappa's fresh move to exert pressure on the party to reinstate him as chief minister.

Yeddyurappa is expected to arrive in Delhi by Wednesday afternoon, to hold meetings with the central BJP leadership.

Yeddyurappa, who is demanding another shot at being chief minister, had placed more than half the BJP's MLAs in a five-star resort since the weekend. Their absence from the assembly proceedings had made it impossible for the current chief minister Sadananda Gowda to present his budget. Hectic negotiations, however, helped end that crisis. Yeddyurappa's followers arrived, as promised by him last night, at the assembly this morning and the CM was able to present the budget.

Earlier, the BJP central leadership had forced Yeddyurappa to quit in July 2011 after he was indicted by the Lokayukta report on illegal mining.

Former Lokayukta Justice Santosh Hegde's inquiry into mining graft in Karnataka had accused Yeddyurappa and other key officials for causing a loss of at least 160 billion rupees to the state exchequer between 2006 and 2010.

Yeddyurappa tendered his resignation on July 31 to Karnataka Governor Hansraj Bhardwaj, following allegations of corruption.

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/12354073.cms

I need 0-0 option in next elections. No one is worth my vote.

3. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

No words to describe my feelings.

Just this: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

4. Tolaha

I gave it some time and now I am able to put my feelings in words:

If BJP leadership thinks that reinstating Yeddy is going to help them "win the minds and hearts", then they are one delusional morons who assume that people are delusional morons.

5. Tolaha

How can you not?

Interesting trivia: The next Karnataka elections will be the first time in the history of any state elections when all competing parties will have a 'Gandhi' in their rolls!

6. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Yeddy's demand is fair, either reinstate him as CM or give him a national role. Afterall he was not the only person who benefited from mining scam, much has gone into party fund. And he holds the numbers.

7. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Honest doubt- If the courts have given him a free pass, then whats the point of denying him CM post,since he has been discharged of the crimes he was accused of?

8. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Great news. Only Yeddyurappa can make sure BJP wins election again. He played major role for BJP for last 2-3 decades. He deserves better once court gave clean chit. I don't see any Karnataka leader capable like him.

Lingayat which is strongest community of Karnataka will consolidate in favor of him. Yeddy played strategic role to install Sadanand Gowda who comes from vokkaliga and his . If Lingayat + UC votes in favor of BJP like last time, He will win easily. Why to worry?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    maomao likes this.
  9. Yusuf

Supreme Court hearing is coming up.

10. Yusuf

Is winnin election the only thing or providing governance?

11. Galaxy

Yeddyurappa performance was very good when he was CM. I saw all statistic sometime back. Will post, if i find the link. Court also gave him clean chit. Indeed, Corrupt CM like Sheila is still CM. If she can win, Then i am sure NO such problem with BSY!

12. Yusuf

He only thing he did was one big global investor meet and wore a nice suit. Yet to see anything materialize on the ground. Yeddy was hand in gloves with the mining mafia and also the land mafia. Common knowledge for those who know.

Yeddy has done nothing for infrastructure nor industry or anything. All he has done is go from one temple to another to ward off "evil charms" which he said is after his gaddi.

13. Galaxy

PS: I am biased in favor of Yeddyurappa. I admire him because he knows Social engineering very well. If Today, BJP is ruling Karnataka, Big credit goes to him. He deserve CM post. He single handily defeated combined forces of Congress stalwarts + Deve Gowda.

BJP can say to all PaidMedia and Anti-BJP say what you want to say. Until and Unless, Lingyat, UC votes in favor of BJP bastion North/Coastal/Urban - BJP has upper hand.

Even Vokkaliga/OBC votes would be divided in 3 way. Rest doesn't matter in Karnataka political set-up!!

14. Tolaha

Things are never that straight-forward dude! :D

The Yeddy drama has already scored its first self goal:
    Udupi Chikmagalur By Poll Results | Congress Wins | BJP Losses | JDS | Karnataka | Election | Current Latest Updates

15. Galaxy

Obviously, You don't know internal politics.

BJP lost because Yeddyurappa wanted Sadanand Gowda to lose his seat. Loss of Gowda is Good for Yeddyurappa. This news came after his loss. Isn't it ?

Last time when BJP lost most of the states, Still won 20+ seats in karnataka. It will again if Yeddyurappa becomes CM.

16. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Hypocrisy by bjp and i am not surprised one bit.

Either they want to win election or have higher moral ground on corruption. You cant do both things.

Judging by this action one cant clearly see that BJP doesn't care about corruption.

Note: Please dont bring in congress to justify bjp corruption because we already know they are corrupt. it seems both are hand in glove when it comes to corruption.

17. Galaxy

If Yeddyurappa will not become CM again, Next time BJP won't even win 50 seats. Currently, It has 115 MLAs. I can bet on that.

BJP only hope is Yeddyurappa. So, He might become CM.

Don't tell about Hypocrisy. It doesn't matter in Election. Enough example! BJP is not social organsation which works for social welfare or do charity. It's political party.

Winning is what matters in Democracy!!

18. Tolaha

The role of Yeddy in making BJP win in Karnataka has been over-blown. You don't need rocket-science to figure who is behind that campaign! BJP was strong in coastal Karnataka even when no one there knew about Yeddy! As for rest of the state, they were looking for an alternative to Cong and JD.

Yeddy is a huge liability to BJP in Karnataka IMO. BJP leadership probably knows this but they also know that many of its leaders are in his pocket. BTW CM had vacated his seat in a constituency that has been a BJP stronghold traditionally. Read the results of that bypoll in the link that I posted earlier.

Which newspaper do you read?

19. Galaxy

It's not over-blown but fact. Majority of Lingyat community voted in favor of BJP last time. Yeddy is one of the main reason. RSS also helped him a lot due to his pro-RSS stand. Coastal Karnataka - Yes, Bangalore - Yes. North Karnataka - He played major role. South Karnataka - 3 way contest!

I don't think he is liability. IMO, He is reliable asset. BJP never won 110+ seats in Karnataka. Of course, BJP has strong organisation there but he fulfilled the leadership space. half of BJP MLA's and MP's also supporting him. I am sure, there must be reason. Why they not supporting Jagdish shetty another strong leader? What people think on Online forum doesn't matter in election result. People don't vote due to corruption. Performance ? Yes, Sometime!!

Election next year only. Let see!!

I don't need to read any newspaper to know this small thing. Most of the news are biased. I say as per my reliable sources, experience and my knowledge!!

20. Yusuf

For all those in Karnataka, it's the Reddy Money that made BJP win.

21. Tolaha

Ofcourse, not as much as you know! :D

I understand that you worship Yeddyurappa. I suggest that you find someone better to worship! In Udupi-Chikmagalur constituency, Yeddyruppa is a 'nobody'. The only time he became a factor was in this election. And that's because people were tired of BJP, thanks to Yeddyurappa's tantrums.

If Yeddyurappa is announced as the CM candidate and then goes on to win the next elections, then I will join you in your opinion that the electorate in Karnataka is dumb where all that matters is caste equations.

However, until then, let me disagree with you by not sharing your opinion.