Xi Jinping's New Years' Speech

jouni

Good speech. Maybe in the future Japan-China-India will be like Canada-USA-Mexico and bring prosperity and stability to the region.

amoy

Good speech. Maybe in the future Japan-China-India will be like Canada-USA-Mexico and bring prosperity and stability to the region.
More hopefully C-J-K i.e. China Japan Korea. The trio talks on FTA have been going on for years. S.Korea and China r generally in agreement now while Japan dismisses Korean-Chinese draft as "not liberalized adequately". CJK r at the very primary stage of economic integration, perhaps similar to the European Community in the bud.

Reactions: Neo

amoy

http://africa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-12/31/content_19211130.htm

"In 2014, we pressed ahead with reform, cracked many hard nuts and introduced a slew of important reform measures, which were closely related to the interests of our citizens.

"We adapted to the new normal of economic growth; actively promoted economic and social development; and further improved the people's lives," he said.
New normal = much lower growth rate? ^6% or below? :cool2:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A good speech that will give encouragement to the Chinese people.

He summed up all that he has tried to do and that it cannot be given up half way.

He spoke extensively on corruption and I presume that is his major aim.

On humanitarian assistance to foreign countries given by China, it would have been nice if he mentioned the Chinese assistance given to Philippines when it was devastated by Typhoon Haiyan.

However, when he spoke of new memorials honouring the people who sacrificed their precious lives for the nation, it reminded me of the nationalism that Japanese, who also have a great fervour for honouring their was dead, have.

Last edited:

dastan

First time seeing his speech, Good one i must say!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles