Xi Asks PLA to Prepare for 'Regional War'

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Events in Xinjiang makes more sense for "Regional war" than India.

But before that, apart from Indian media did we actually see this Chinese translated article which mentions this "regional war".

Now a days I am little wary about what Indian Tv media is reporting. It is more he said she said now a days rather than proper journalism.

Dhairya Yadav

He is just trying to Reaffirm his control over PLA. Nothing else. However, we should be Vigilant . Nobody will ever have any idea about what is cooking in Beijing .

Compersion

Country flag
A thought that was proclaimed on the television by a senior diplomat: This recent incursion was done simultaneously and started only when PM Modi and President Xi were meeting. Usually the previous incursion were days before the visit.

Why was this not done days before the meeting and before President Xi arrived into India (like during the previous regime) - had the PRC interlocutors imagined a strong response from PM Modi hence it was done when PM Modi and President Xi were meeting. They feared the response from India. Perhaps a massive dampening. The continued incursion till today (with minimal individuals) is a way to try and show that India has no strong response and the combativeness of PRC has achieved a diplomatic success that they can proclaim to their allies (north korea and pakistan) and to the P5 to show that India does not deserve to be anywhere of importance like PRC status.

Perhaps it would have been different if the incursion was started and done before PM Modi and President Xi were meeting. One must realize that PM of PRC has also visited. And this was supposed to be a landmark visit. One might also say this was played and tuned to internal audience of Xi Jingping (CCP Leadership). He needs to strengthen more. There is a big chance of accident near the border it is a bit childish.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
China coming back to their aukaat... ie. threatening India of a war.

As I said earlier China can't be trusted and doing "Business" would not change anything.

China only respect and understand "might" as we showed them before in 67 and 87.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
China coming back to their aukaat... ie. threatening India of a war.

As I said earlier China can't be trusted and doing "Business" would not change anything.

China only respect and understand "might" as we showed them before in 67 and 87.
Exactly this is my point all along. China can never have a peaceful cooperation with India till their vain "dream" of having Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir becomes a reality. Some DFIans may think that China and India will have economic and trade relationships in the near future. The fact is China is planning to launch an economic warfare against India. We have all seen how Chinese products are scuttling local manufacturers here in India. I would not even mention the Maoist connection. No need of the China-India bhai-bhai.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
My interpretation of "regional war" is................a potential conflict in South China Sea instigated by "hegemony" against China and/or blockade of strait of hormuz (near Iran) to choke of oil supplies to China as well as India. I do not see this "regional war" comment meant as against India.
Did you notice there was a chineses warship on Bandar Abbas (Iran) 3 days ago..on "friendship visit". A clue !
prohuamnity sir, Do not take any offense or insult.

Have you recently seen the news realting to Chinese incursion in India and also their First Lady`s behavior. Also China funds Maoists in India.
Maoists building weapons factories in India with help from China : North, News - India Today
Cops nail China link with Naxals - The Times of India

They were responsible for not allowing India in SCS by pressurizing Russia and also opposed India-Vietnam oil deals.
China to oppose India-Vietnam oil deal within disputed South China Sea - Economic Times
India: Drawn To The Shanghai Cooperation Organization | The Diplomat
Can India become a member of the SCO?

"India is an already observer member of SCO. It is regularly attending the SCO summits. Its members, including Central Asian countries, support India's full membership in the organization. The expansion policy of the SCO has not yet been finalized by the major stakeholders of the grouping," says Dr Zakir Hussain, a fellow at New Delhi based think tank Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).

Speaking with The Diplomat, Hussain underlines that "agreement between India and China is one of the important factors which can pave the way for New Delhi's inclusion in the grouping. However,China seems to be a bit reluctant vis-a-vis India. Beijing wants to use the SCO as a bargaining card with India to get an entry to the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation), while Russia may want to balance China's growing economic footprint in the region by including India in the grouping."

I know you are critical of US as it backs Pakistan. However Pakistan has another ally. Guess who it is. Can we really be friends with someone who back stabbed us in 1962 when Nehru had preached Hindi Chini bhai bhai.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Exactly this is my point all along. China can never have a peaceful cooperation with India till their vain "dream" of having Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir becomes a reality. Some DFIans may think that China and India will have economic and trade relationships in the near future. The fact is China is planning to launch an economic warfare against India. We have all seen how Chinese products are scuttling local manufacturers here in India. I would not even mention the Maoist connection. No need of the China-India bhai-bhai.
It's not just about India but about other big players like Japan,SKorea,Vietnam,Philippines etc since all are sick and tired of Chinese bullying and assertiveness.China is a expansionist.Tibetians LOST because they had no army and Tibetians still think they would get freedom by stupid & coward self-immolations. Because of this stupid approach Tibet would not get freedom since China doesn't give a flying f to Tibetians killing themselves.China wants Tibetians to extinct so Han Chinese can claim the Tibet land.

The hidden Chinese plan of "Business" in India to establish a base so the Politicians can be corrupted and the policies can be made to favor China.The so called 100 Billion investment turned out to be just 20.Once again doing more Business with China would not mean much and India would not gain much.China would use the same money to buy more weapons against India on our borders.

The last time 67 and 87 happened(China was given befitting reply and they retreated) it was due to the initiative and response of local military commanders otherwise the Politicians were not doing anything much.

BJP and UPA seems to be having the similar approach with China ie. playing down all the incursions with stupid terms like "Acne" or "Difference in perception". Now how different is BJP here? If BJP want to prove they are different than UPA then they need to fast track the military strength and modernization. BJP has no excuse since the Finance and Defense Minister is same and can minimize the process gaps and latency for Defense acquisitions and modernization.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
another big joke here....LOL... god should save Indian...

the typical Grade one English textbook for the China student used to has such a English dialogue practice:
A: Are you Englishman?
B: No, I'm American
when I was young and began the English studying at age of 13...such similar dialogue was often practiced in the class between Teacher and student, and classmates...

in this case ,that is just similar Chinese dialogue practice...LOL

A : 你是中国人么?
B: 不,我是印度人。

why some indian are so mawkishly sentimental? ...........LOL....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying's Regular Press Conference on September 23, 2014

English version would be available tomorrow...LOL...
 问:据报道,习近平主席昨天在接见全军参谋长会议代表时强调,要不断增强组织指挥部队打赢信息化局部战争能力。由于习近平主席刚刚结束对印度的访问,有媒体猜测有关言论是针对印度。中方对此有何评论?

答:这种联想未免太丰富了。就像昨天我回答你的同事提问的那样,习近平主席刚刚对印度进行了非常成功的国事访问,受到了印度政府和人民的隆重热烈欢迎。中印两国领导人就发展中印关系的重要性达成高度共识。两国领导人从历史纵深和全局角度强调了中印关系的战略意义和全球影响,决定把两国友谊的纽带传承好、发扬好,使合作始终成为中印关系的主旋律。对于中印之间的边界问题,两国领导人也有高度共识,决定继续通过友好协商解决边界问题,在最终解决前,共同维护好边境地区的和平与安宁,不让边界问题影响两国关系的正常发展。

中国和印度都是有着重要影响的大国,正如习近平主席所讲,中印用一个声音说话,全世界都会倾听。中印两国应有这样的历史责任,也应有这样的历史担当,共同努力促进地区乃至世界的和平、稳定与发展。希望你能把这样的信息传递给印度媒体。
if you can't wait , great Indian media has their own version of translation about it...

Linking Xi Jinping's 'regional war' remarks with India 'wild guess', China says

BEIJING: China on Tuesday termed as "wild guess" reports that President Xi Jinping's comments asking the PLA to improve its ability to win a regional war were made in the context of the border stand-off with India and said the leadership of the two countries have reached a consensus to solve the boundary dispute through friendly consultations.

"You said Indian media are asking this question but I believe that this may be a wild guess," Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a media briefing here when asked about the context of Xi's remarks.

Responding to reports of India cancelling the interaction between Chinese and Indian media delegations raising concerns about future development of ties in the backdrop of Xi's visit, Hua said, "I do not believe that cancel is the right word. It may have been delayed. I will make further checks on this. It is not right to connect such two things."

Asked about concerns over future development of India-China ties, she said "I am wondering where your concerns come from. I believe that we all should take holistic and objective view in saying these things. We should be optimistic about the future."

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Note the sentence be loyal to CPC. Always that way. Not loyal to China & its people but to the Party

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Note the sentence be loyal to CPC. Always that way. Not loyal to China & its people but to the Party
There is nothing like China it appears.

There is only the Communist Party of China!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
BEIJING: China on Tuesday termed as "wild guess" reports that President Xi Jinping's comments asking the PLA to improve its ability to win a regional war were made in the context of the border stand-off with India and said the leadership of the two countries have reached a consensus to solve the boundary dispute through friendly consultations.

"You said Indian media are asking this question but I believe that this may be a wild guess," Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a media briefing here when asked about the context of Xi's remarks.

Responding to reports of India cancelling the interaction between Chinese and Indian media delegations raising concerns about future development of ties in the backdrop of Xi's visit, Hua said, "I do not believe that cancel is the right word. It may have been delayed. I will make further checks on this. It is not right to connect such two things."

Asked about concerns over future development of India-China ties, she said "I am wondering where your concerns come from. I believe that we all should take holistic and objective view in saying these things. We should be optimistic about the future."
Typical Chinese fraud.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
another big joke here....LOL... god should save Indian...

the typical Grade one English textbook for the China student used to has such a English dialogue practice:

when I was young and began the English studying at age of 13...such similar dialogue was often practiced in the class between Teacher and student, and classmates...

in this case ,that is just similar Chinese dialogue practice...LOL

A : 你是中国人么?
B: 不,我是印度人。

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying's Regular Press Conference on September 23, 2014

English version would be available tomorrow...LOL...

if you can't wait , great Indian media has their own version of translation about it...

Linking Xi Jinping's 'regional war' remarks with India 'wild guess', China says
LOL........... GOD should save CHINA from INDIA........

Do you know that the chinese are called mlecchas....... has anyone ever heard of this term anywhere?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The chinese will be taught a lesson for their miscreants and shall be made to sit quietly inside china. Tibet shall be freed.....

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
There is nothing like China it appears.

There is only the Communist Party of China!
Its basically 6 or 7 men of the Standing Politburo Committee of the CCP who run the whole country.

shiphone

Country flag

2014/09/24

Q: There are reports that when meeting with PLA chiefs of staff, President Xi Jinping stressed that all PLA forces should improve their combat readiness and sharpen their ability to win a regional war in the age of information technology. Since President Xi just returned from India, some reports speculated whether his words were referring to India. What is China's comment on this?

A: Such speculation is far-fetched. As I have said when answering a question from your colleague yesterday, President Xi Jinping's recent state visit to India is very successful, and he received warm and grand welcome by the Indian government and people. During the visit, leaders from both sides reached a high level of consensus on the significance of developing China-India relations. They stressed the strategic significance and global impact of China-India relations from a historic and holistic point of view, decided to carry forward and build on the bonds of friendship, and ensured that cooperation will always remain the main melody of China-India relations. As for the boundary issue, leaders from both sides also reached a high level of consensus, and determined to continue with friendly consultation to resolve it. Pending final settlement, both sides should jointly safeguard peace and tranquility of the border area so that the boundary issue will in no way shadow the normal development of bilateral ties.

Both China and India are major countries with great influence. As President Xi said, when China and India speak with one voice, the whole world will lend ears. China and India should have such sense of historical responsibility, and courage to fulfill it. We should join hands to promote regional and global peace, stability and development. I hope you can convey this message to the Indian press.

Q: There are reports that 800 Chinese troops are holding position 3 kilometers inside the Indian territory near the Line of Actual Control. What is your response to that?

A: As I have said before, China and India share the strong will and good faith in keeping in timely contacts and effectively managing the situation through a series of existed mechanisms on the boundary issue. As far as I know, the situation on the ground has been brought under control in a timely and effective manner. The border area is in a peaceful state.

Q: "The China-India Media Dialogue" scheduled to be held in India this week was cancelled. Will this diminish the achievements of President Xi Jinping's visit to India or change the trajectory of China-India relations?

A: I think you concern is ill-founded. I suggest we look at things from a macroscopic view, instead of letting one small incident obscure the whole picture. We have briefed the achievements of President Xi's successful state visit to India. I would like to refer you to Foreign Minister Wang Yi's remarks to journalists in which he talked about the significance and achievements of President Xi's visit to India as the visit came to an end. During the visit, both sides issued a joint statement on building a closer partnership for development which incorporates details about enhancing communication and cooperation in various fields. We are extremely sincere and confident when we say we seek to advance China-India relations to a higher and more profound level.

"The China-India Media Dialogue" is an exchange activity between media groups of the two countries. As for why this event is delayed, you need to ask the organizers. I want to stress that more exchange and cooperation among media groups will go a long way in deepening mutual trust and cementing the public foundation of bilateral ties.

Q: Indian Prime Minister Modi went to Japan not too long ago. Some media in China believed that India should develop its ties with China, instead of Japan. Does China believe that India and Japan coming together will get in the way of China-India relationship?

A: China is willing to develop friendly and mutually beneficial relations with all countries on the basis of the Five Principles of Peaceful Co-existence. We are pleased to see other countries develop state-to-state relations on the basis of embracing the same principles. Chinese people are not that sensitive, nor that petty. As long as the ties between relevant countries are conducive to regional peace and development, we welcome that.

shiphone

Country flag
yeah...India at least has some sensible media personality with some study and understanding finally...
Defence correspondent should have such qualities...

Ajai Shukla blog
Business Standard, 24th Sept 14

Yet, Indian analysts have made much of Chinese President Xi Jinping's exhortation to PLA commanders, at a meeting in Beijing on Sept 22, to be ready "to win a regional war in the age of information technology." Commentators have interpreted Xi's mention of "a regional war" as a direct threat to India.

In fact, Xi is articulating a two-decade-old PLA strategic doctrine that, at the end of the Cold War, jettisoned the threat of the "early, major and nuclear war", that Mao had foreseen. In 1985, China's Central Military Commission (then led by Deng Xiao-ping and today by Xi Jinping) declared that the PLA's most likely threat was "local, limited war". This allowed Deng to dramatically downsize the bloated, 4 million-strong PLA.

In January 1993, after the globally televised US military wizardry of the First Gulf War, Jiang Zemin issued a new set of "Military Strategic Guidelines", which shifted focus to fighting "local wars under modern high-technology conditions".

The "local war" that Jiang explicitly defined was to "prevent Taiwan from fomenting any great 'Taiwan independence' incidents." This came to be known as the PLA's "main strategic direction".

A decade ago, in the early 2000s, a technologically evolving PLA modified its strategy further to "local war under conditions of informatization." Here again, Taiwan remained the likely objective, with India barely mentioned in PLA literature.

-----------------------------------
#2 post
"Aiming to win local(Regional ) wars under the conditions of informationization(High-Tech) and expanding and intensifying military preparedness." is one of the China's Defence Policy and missions, a part of defence doctrine since 1990s....that's why so called ' preparing Regional War' would be mentioned everytime at these kinds of meetings and even daily Propaganda....no fuss please...

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
yeah...India has at least some sensible media personality with some study and understanding finally...
Defence correspondent should have such qualities...

Ajai Shukla blog
Business Standard, 24th Sept 14
Yeah individual tastes, can't comment on that.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i think the upcoming Namo trip and expected obvious much improved relations with the usa

will be a great opportunity to tell ccp-jinx - either pull back from the border

or else we will seriously ditch you and link much more with the usa

ccp-jinx need to know that they are by no means the only source of investment
many euro nations are declining but private and family capital is still big-time

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles