WTF? J&K never merged with India: Omar

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
ac·ces·sion (k-sshn)
n.
1. The attainment of a dignity or rank: the queen's accession to the throne.
a. Something that has been acquired or added; an acquisition.
b. An increase by means of something added.
3. Law
a. The addition to or increase in value of property by means of improvements or natural growth.
b. The right of a proprietor to ownership of such addition or increase.
4. Agreement or assent.

So, what does Omar actually means?

The English meaning is quite clear.

However, this is what he says

While all the states acceded to Union of India and then merged with it, JK only acceded and did not merge. That is why we have a special status, our own constitution and the state flag," he said while talking to the European Delegation led by Ambassador and Head of the Delegation of the European Union to India, Joao Cravinho, who called on Omar here today.
JK s accession with India conditional CM Lastupdate:- Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com
The Instrument of Accession contains

The terms of this my Instrument of Accession shall not be varied by any amendment of the Act or the Indian Independence Act, 1947, unless such amendment is accepted by me (Maharaja of Kashmir) by Instrument supplementary to this Instrument.
Also

I hereby declare that I accede to the Dominion of India on the assurance that if an agreement is made between the Governor General and the Ruler of this State whereby any functions in relation to the administration in this State of any law of the Dominion Legislature shall be exercised by the Ruler of the State, then any such agreement shall be construed and have effect accordingly.
So, let us ask the Maharaja's successor his views.

Simple_Guy

The terms of Instrument of Accession were never fulfilled with regard to the Maharaja. He was forced to abdicate by Nehru-Andullah combine, denied a privy purse, and died a recluse in Bombay. His successor Karan Singh seeing his father's fate submitted and joined Congress.

Karan was made "president" of J&K and till the 1960s there was permit system for entering the state. But now J&K has a governor like all Indian states and there is no permit system. Merger etc is all technicality. In practice J&K has become an integral part of India.

And for this we can thank Shayma Prasad Mukherjee and the agitation in Jammu after his murder.

kseeker

Retired
Omar is pro-India but then his base is eroding in Jammu, so his party is perhaps trying to target PDP votebase
I beg to differ, Omar is neither pro-India nor pro-Kashmiri, he is one sick b@sturd politician who is trying to come in a limelight by uttering provocative statements.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Omar is pro-India but then his base is eroding in Jammu, so his party is perhaps trying to target PDP votebase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
The real question is why is his base eroding .they had lost valley to separaist and their friends so why give statements which would create mess

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The real question is why is his base eroding .they had lost valley to separaist and their friends so why give statements which would create mess
That Kashmiris can answer better. However there are few reasons :

Extremism, Polarization, Ineffective Governance, Anti-incumbency etc.

==

I beg to differ, Omar is neither pro-India nor pro-Kashmiri, he is one sick b@sturd politician who is trying to come in a limelight by uttering provocative statements.
I don't think you should talk about your former alliance partner in such a manner. :taunt:
And for all practical purposes, Omar is a puppet of GoI.

kseeker

Retired
I don't think you should talk about your former alliance partner in such a manner. :taunt:
Ooops ! I had already done that ! Hang me now :p BTW, I had really meant what I had said ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That Kashmiris can answer better. However there are few reasons :

Extremism, Polarization, Ineffective Governance, Anti-incumbency etc.o

==n

And for all practical purposes, Omar is a puppet of GoI.
The main issue is radical elements have taken control and there is no doubt that the Administration is highly corrupt, feudal and really does very little..

One has to see rural Kashmir to see the deprivation and total lack of administration.

One must wonder why has the army there to cover the void of the Administration?

Does the army do it in other States?

No matter what is said, the Army officially does much of Administrative action that any Govt would have done,

Every political dispensation is guilty.

So, why should they have faith in governance, when footprints of administration is conspicuous by its absence?

The separatists exploit this and also splurge ISI money.

A people that lives on dole and things given gratis, why should they be expected working for their keep?

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Ooops ! I had already done that ! Hang me now :p BTW, I had really meant what I had said ;)
Don't mind, but what caused you to say what you did ? What were the reasonings ?

And can you also explain why is any politician, nationalistic, when they are only interested in power ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Don't mind, but what caused you to say what you did ? What were the reasonings ?

And can you also explain why is any politician, nationalistic, when they are only interested in power ?
In my school, my House Captain had written in the autograph book - AMBITION HAS NO REST.

In life, I saw this everywhere.

And some have misplaced ambition too!

wolfpackx1

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What is this nonsense, we bled defending kashmir over many wars and skirmishes and only a fool would say it has to go through plebiscite.
Scrap that article 370 for gods sake.
When they see no problem in making 5lakh kashmir pandits flee their homes and make them live as refugees in their own country.Then it is time GOI took the matters into hands,
what matters is political will, come 2014 when NDA is in power they will scrap this ridiculous article.
We can't and should not let these dissent voices raise again, kashmir is a integral part of india (period).The kid gloves should be off, only iron fist should be used to deal with kashmir, either you agree to us or face oblivion that should be our poltical ideology and will.
China annexed Tibet no one said a word nor sent a army, the world only respects Power,If we get Power(Hard and soft) then we can do what we want, for that we need political will which i am afraid congress is seriously lacking.

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired

Omar is not only blowing the the trumpets of the separatism but also indicated that he wants autonomy for J&K.

He must have overlooked the fact that, J&K is an integral part Indian union since our independence and will remain same.

Whatever was written in article 370, it was formulated by idiots to woo a particular community and it's still being practiced (unfortunately).

Omar is still trying deliberately to make J&K autonomy an outstanding issue ! He and his henchmen are against the merger of J&K with the Indian Union by giving crappy reason like J&K has only signed instrument of accession with the Government of India.

In this context, we need to note that, all other Indian Princely States had only signed instruments of accession with India but they never protested against their merger with the Union of India. Why only him ? Hence, Omar is a bloody traitor who is still protesting against the merger of J&K with the Union by disguising himself as a politician.

He is not not just interested in power but trying hard for autonomy of J&K, which concerns me a lot.

Scrap that article 370 for gods sake.
what matters is political will, come 2014 when NDA is in power they will scrap this ridiculous article.
I regret to say this but even NDA do not have balls to scrap that fcuking article even if they come in power. They did not do anything when they were in power ! :mad:

If BJP has balls, they should include scrapping article 370 in their election promise list/agenda this time !

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
My mistake :rolleyes: J&K, Sikkim and Karnataka have state flags ! As I am from KA, I was under impression that, every state has it's own flag :D

List of Indian flags - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We don't use the Dharmachakra flag anymore as a representative flag except in some ceremonies (Since it is also a Buddhist flag). The other state that uses a state flag is Maharashtra-- the saffron flag of king Shivaji.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Omar is not only blowing the the trumpets of the separatism but also indicated that he wants autonomy for J&K.

I regret to say this but even NDA do not have balls to scrap that fcuking article even if they come in power. They did not do anything when they were in power ! :mad:

If BJP has balls, they should include scrapping article 370 in their election promise list/agenda this time !
Rather than boasting or promising it, I'd be pleased if Modi suddenly scraps it off like a dropping bomb.

That Article is the root cause of whining and jihadi attacks on our people in the country---- too much pampering of a group of people.

NDA's first rule was pretty cautious because in many decades it was the first time they had toppled the Nehru dynasty (apart from Janata Party's earlier attempt).

In a country where a dynasty rules autocratically in the garb of democracy like India, it was a difficult task. However, this time as NDA is under a much stronger and more decisive leadership, we can hope for it.

Think about it; every nonsense happening for past 55 years cannot be just scrapped off in 5 years that too when people have given them hardly any chance to rule despite knowing the corruption and the autocracy of the Nehru Dynasty.

What confidence will they have when they are not even backed or supported by people?

kseeker

Retired
Rather than boasting or promising it, I'd be pleased if Modi suddenly scraps it off like a dropping bomb.
Hope to see that materialize some day.

That Article is the root cause of whining and jihadi attacks on our people in the country---- too much pampering of a group of people.

NDA's first rule was pretty cautious because in many decades it was the first time they had toppled the Nehru dynasty (apart from Janata Party's earlier attempt).

In a country where a dynasty rules autocratically in the garb of democracy like India, it was a difficult task. However, this time as NDA is under a much stronger and more decisive leadership, we can hope for it.

Think about it; every nonsense happening for past 55 years cannot be just scrapped off in 5 years that too when people have given them hardly any chance to rule despite knowing the corruption and the autocracy of the Nehru Dynasty.

What confidence will they have when they are not even backed or supported by people?
Very true.

sasi

He must have overlooked the fact that, J&K is an integral part Indian union since our independence and will remain same.

Whatever was written in article 370, it was formulated by idiots to woo a particular community and it's still being practiced (unfortunately).

Omar is still trying deliberately to make J&K autonomy an outstanding issue ! He and his henchmen are against the merger of J&K with the Indian Union by giving crappy reason like J&K has only signed instrument of accession with the Government of India.

In this context, we need to note that, all other Indian Princely States had only signed instruments of accession with India but they never protested against their merger with the Union of India. Why only him ? Hence, Omar is a bloody traitor who is still protesting against the merger of J&K with the Union by disguising himself as a politician.

He is not not just interested in power but trying hard for autonomy of J&K, which concerns me a lot.

for that,they require 2/3 majority,not half.

sasi

for that,they require 2/3 majority,not half.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indirectly, all state Govts are wanting autonomy.

That is why the regional parties are doing so well.

Horrid governance at the Centre is causing all to lose faith and the States are all on their own trip!

kseeker

Retired
Indirectly, all state Govts are wanting autonomy .
I beg to differ on this. It's a fact that, some states have demanded for special privileges however, AFAIK, except J&K, no other states are demanding for an autonomy or want to move out of Indian Union.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles