WS10 Jet Engine

charlyondfi

i would say WS-10 has been formally equiped,but its early to say fully inducted to PLAAF of PLANAF.is this proper?
Actually I am afraid & have to admit that I am NOT the one to say your statement is proper or not. That's also all I suggest: there is a good way to prove mass service. Well, at least you know how to read. Thanks.

Last edited:

p2prada

Actually I am afraid & have to admit that I am NOT the one to say your statement is proper or not. That's also all I suggest: there is a good way to prove mass service. Well, at least you know how to read. Thanks.
On the internet, pictures speak a thousand words.

The problem is China is still secretive about it's military. Perhaps they are building up a reasonable level of capability before bringing about more transparency.

shiphone

Country flag
actually it's not difficult at all to find the info from the public source, WS10 has been a open project as J10....some news from China Aviation News in Mar 2012...about the the maintaince team from R&D unit of WS10 Taihang . you could read chinese ,don't you.

近年来,随 着重 点 型 号 发动 机 装 备 部 队 数 量 的 逐 渐 扩 大,以及新型发动机飞行检验任务的与 日 俱 增,动力所的外场技术服务保障工 作 始 终 处于多型号、多任务、超常规、超预期的繁忙状态。外场技术服务保障团队不断刷新着自己创造的纪录:2011年的飞行架次和时数超越了以往的总和;现场服务保障人员的投入从2010年的8980人日增加到2011年的9852人日。[
China Aviation News online version, 10 Mar 2012

brief of this news.
In recent years, with the gradual expansion of the deployed numbers of the key model engine (WS-10), and the increasing test flights of the new model engine , the tech maintaince team of XX research institution(the R&D unit of WS10 project) was quite busy doing their job in 2011

Last edited:

p2prada

Haha! I still have a lot of distance to cover. I could only recognize a few characters on that. :lol:

nefory

No need to accuse anyone is pity - you miss my point: I didn't say WS-10 does NOT exist, just about a valid point to fully prove it enter mass service.

Those links you pasted just show there are WS-10, not about mass service is on board.

There is NO theory here, but just a suggestion for solid proof that can help settle the argument. You can challenge my point (why must be maintenance log to show mass service), no need for else.
Greetings, my friend. First, allow me to apologise if you were treated with unfriendly approach, as you can imagine, sometimes, some members do get rather emotional on these topics. As for the so call solid proof, I'm afraid to say it's unrealistic to ask for any engineers, technician to speak of active military hardware in official account except of propaganda agenda, nor there is a chance of documents being released in any circumstance. In fact, it is ridiculous for a military force to release any documents related to their daily operation. If any military do, it's either because they are not serious of their matters, or it's done in a purpose of propaganda, in this case, also "not reliable".

Even if someone provide "documents" as you put it, one can always question the credibility of these documents for obvious reasons. How can I know what these bunches of Chinese characters actually mean? How can I be sure these documents are not fraudulent? Even if they were real, how do I know this is not one of those disinformation campaigns by the Chinese government?

After all, it's just a matter of credibility. One does not believe in Chinese propaganda has no reason to believe words from Chinese citizen or publication, because they have no mean of access to Chinese military information. And if they have, there is a possibility that they are fed with disinformation. So, I think there is no need to struggle oneself with proofing anything regarding this topic

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It seems the reliability of WS-10A has reached the level of acceptance to place on twin engine fighter prototypes and an initial operation squadron. They are really running the engines through its paces to see if it can ever be brought fully operational. If the quality control is taken care of, the only real problem with it is a slow throttle time. It has no effect in the BVR battle, but no fighter with this engine wants to get in a dog fight with 40 seconds needed to get to military thrust.

charlyondfi

actually it's not difficult at all to find the info from the public source, WS10 has been a open project as J10....some news from China Aviation News in Mar 2012...about the the maintaince team from R&D unit of WS10 Taihang . you could read chinese ,don't you.
China Aviation News online version, 10 Mar 2012
brief of this news.
Yes, I can read Chinese, simplified or traditional.

And yes, you score one down!! although it's an official news, actually. But that's my point - even official tells how they are mainteining the engine (like you highlighted, no named), it's hardly believable people fake this just on purpose. And even there exist issue raised by P2Prada (about transparency) and Neofry (people believe what they believe on internet. He is right, so here I only discuss how I buy it, no one else), nevertheless, I am more convinced. Thanks.

-- I know we can discuss like reasonable man.

Last edited:

Rangefinder

I think that one clear indication of the WS-10's reliability is its use in testing the prototypes of J-10B and J-15. You never test a prototype aircraft with a prototype engine. The fact that the prototypes used these to run means that they are pretty confident that the WS-10 is fixed and that they have all sorts of certifications for the engine. That goes in hand in hand with rumors that the WS-10A line has been completely debugged.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles