Writing posts, blogs and articles - some tips!

pmaitra

Writing posts, blogs and articles - some tips!

I had a collection of pictures, that I found very effective and helpful in understanding and appreciating this great and ubiquitous language called English! I have, therefore, decided to open a thread on this. I think this is a nice way for all of us to understand how to write in English; and since much of it is represented as humour, cartoons, and pictures; it is also fun, rather than boring and tedious.

Hope you all enjoy this thread, and also contribute. If you think there is/are error(s), please post a comment.

Few things to note and to be taken as disclaimers:
  • This is a work in progress.
  • All the images are from third party sources freely available on the internet.
  • All images have been deliberately selected from third party sources so that, if there are errors, the blame is on the source.
  • All images have also been deliberately selected from third party sources, to keep this impersonal. In other words, it is not intended to be misconstrued as one person sermonizing another (many people find it offensive). It should be taken in good sport and good humour.
  • There are differences in how people write. Some of these differences are due to convention, such as Indian English, UK English, US English, etc., but some differences are simply because at least one party is in error.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles