Write articles for DFI and get a Gift voucher

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
As part of our initiative to make DFI as a mini think-tank to disseminate and push original ideas on defence and strategy, we are looking for DFI and non-DFI members to write original articles for DFI to be published on the main page. To encourage more participation from the members to write articles, we are initiating a gift voucher of Rs 250 or $5 for the articles published as a 'token of gratitude' from DFI Staff.

Persons from all nationalities are welcome to write the articles but have to follow the guidelines listed below

1) Discuss with staff before writing an article. Only articles with original ideas and analysis will be supported by staff. @Daredevil @LurkerBaba @Yusuf @Singh @thakur_ritesh will be then main points-men to discuss the subject of the article.

2) Writing an article doesn't guarantee that it will be published either due to quality concerns or a re-hash of known stuff or plagiarism.

3) The article can be defence, strategy, foreign relations, social and economics related. Politics is a strict no no.

4) The article should be a minimum of 1500 words long.

5) A gift voucher of Rs 250 will be sent to you if the article gets published and article will remain as a copyright of the author and DFI. The gift voucher will be from www.flipkart.com / www.rediff.com for people residing in India and www.amazon.com / www.apple.com for people residing outside India.

6) All decisions will be based on the discretion of DFI staff and will be final.

PS: This is on a trial basis and depending on how successful this will be, we will expand or cut down. The trial will last for the month of January.

I request all DFI and non-DFI members who see this announcement, to actively participate in this effort to make it a success.

To contact staff use e-mail address - [email protected]

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
Re: Write articles for DFI and get Rs 250/$5 Gift voucher

can I write 20 articles a month:hmm:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

can I write 20 articles a month:hmm:
No. We don't wont too many articles form one person in such a short time. It will be a slow and steady effort.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

I think this is too small monetary incentive. No one is going to write anything for 250 bucks unless someone like @blank_quest can really pull off 20 articles in a month!!

I would rather suggest you to make a similar thread sticky and invite people to write more for DFI. Try to tell people the value of publishing articles on DFI. In any case, do not highlight 5$ as it looks like an insult to the contributors. Who cares about 5$ on this forum!!

A better idea would be to give money to the best voted article in three months. Say you publish 10 articles a month, three months would give 30 articles. Then you can pay 150$ to one guy. This way 1) It will be decent money to pay to anyone, 2) Not offend anyone and 3) motivate people to write quality articles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

SGU, It is not meant to be a monetary compensation. That's why a gift with which one can get some small articles of use. And also its a trial basis for this reason. It may or may not work.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

SGU, It is not meant to be a monetary compensation. That's why a gift with which one can get some small articles of use. And also its a trial basis for this reason. It may or may not work.
But why did you think about giving this token amount i.e. 5$??

Don't you think giving a bigger amount to the best article in three months makes more sense?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

But why did you think about giving this token amount i.e. 5$??

Don't you think giving a bigger amount to the best article in three months makes more sense?
Well as DD said..it's not money but a gift voucher. More on the lines of "thank you"

Another problem I see with your idea is that instead of 30 there might be only 4-5 mediocre articles.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Well as DD said..it's not money but a gift voucher. More on the lines of "thank you"

Another problem I see with your idea is that instead of 30 there might be only 4-5 mediocre articles.
Even 5$ is not going to produce 30 articles. Also, in this case it makes more sense to reward more one of the writers of these 4-5 mediocre article. Atleast someone took out some time to write an article. It would be more rewarding exercise.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Fabulous! I like the idea.

Although, I think a Rs.250 gift voucher is insufficient incentive to produce a quality article, for those who are looking for monetary increntives. Still, it's a good start and in time, this incentive can be upped if the idea gains traction.

Perhaps, we can think about making this an e-journal or online newsletter, where a mail goes out once a month to subscribers containing these articles and other selected content?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Fabulous! I like the idea.

Although, it is my opinion that a Rs.250 gift voucher is not sufficient incentive to produce a quality article. Still, it's a good start and in time, this monetary incentive can be increased if the idea takes off.

Perhaps, we can think about making this an e-journal or online newsletter, where a mail goes out once a month to subscribers containing select articles and other content?
Yes, its a small initiative ans the sum of the gift voucher can certainly be increased when the site reaches that stage. Right now, we are offering it as a gift towards the author's effort and never meant to pay for writing articles. DFI has not reached that stage and certainly cannot afford.

We can do the newsletter / e-magazine only if we have steady stream of articles. This is part of that effort.

Its our way of showing appreciation for your effort, that's all.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Yes, its a small initiative ans the sum of the gift voucher can certainly be increased when the site reaches that stage. Right now, we are offering it as a gift towards the author's effort and never meant to pay for writing articles. DFI has not reached that stage and certainly cannot afford.

We can do the newsletter / e-magazine only if we have steady stream of articles. This is part of that effort.

Its our way of showing appreciation for your effort, that's all.
I understand the motive. And I certainly think it's a good idea.

Might I suggest that one way of getting a steady stream of articles is to partner with websites like IDSA and CLAWS, so that our articles can be published on theirs [affording the author recognition] and their articles can be published on ours, broadening their own reach to about 11,000 DFI members?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles