Would you want to settle down in the US?

Oracle

/\/\/\ It's true.

INR 16K is more than enough to feed 5 persons of a household, 3 times a day, considering even if they are non-veg, they would not eat meat all the time.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Around six out of 10 Indians live in the countryside, where abject poverty is widespread. 34.7 % of the Indian population lives with an income below $ 1 a day and 79.9 % below $ 2 a day. Wonder how many of them prefer to stay in India. How many between them and you want to stay in India? From I can tell there is no lack of people from India or China wanting to move to the USA or Canada. Evidently more then a half billion each of Chinese and Indians would like to move to USA or Canada, and we dont have that much room.
I m sick of your brazenness at display ever since you started posting here on this forum ,

So yours is a richer country and a lot of poverty stricken Indians like almost every other humans species may wanna move there in the hope of a more rewarding employment . . .

What the ---- do u wanna prove with tht ?

If you sir are a representative of avg american its clear that US is not just a country of rich but imbeciles too

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I would like to move to J&K not US but fukcin article 370 X( :*(

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I m sick of your brazenness at display ever since you started posting here on this forum ,

So yours is a richer country and a lot of poverty stricken Indians like almost every other humans species may wanna move there in the hope of a more rewarding employment . . .

What the ---- do u wanna prove with tht ?

If you sir are a representative of avg american its clear that US is not just a country of rich but imbeciles too
He has single handedly managed to dent all the "goodwill" ewald has created here.

im sure avg yankee is pleased :thumb:

average american

Illegal immigrants from India are fastest growing - Houston Chronicle

I thought it was interesting that polls show more people want to leave a country then stay there. I would think that would create all kinds of problems, Evidently I hit a nerve. Theres a lot of kind of visas, such as where people that have relatives in Indian can sponsor them, so not all are rich. Then there are the illegals,,,, if I lived in China, Mexico, India, and did not have much opportunity I would want to come here, as my Irish Grandparents did, but then I think the USA or any country has a right to control who comes to their country.....

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Illegal immigrants from India are fastest growing - Houston Chronicle

I thought it was interesting that polls show more people want to leave a country then stay there. I would think that would create all kinds of problems, Evidently I hit a nerve. Theres a lot of kind of visas, such as where people that have relatives in Indian can sponsor them, so not all are rich. Then there are the illegals,,,, if I lived in China, Mexico, India, and did not have much opportunity I would want to come here, as my Irish Grandparents did, but then I think the USA or any country has a right to control who comes to their country.....
Please Exercise it and stop moaning

KS

Bye bye DFI
Why do you want to control your kids' lives? You will always be half-Indian even if you become American citizen, but if your kids grow up in the US, they'll be much more immersed in the culture and environment and comfortable in that country than you will ever be. They can be full citizens of that country, and they would not like to go back to India. If I were a parent, I would like to give my kids that opportunity.
Why should that be dubbed 'controlling' my kids lives ?

If I were not 'controlled' by my parents early on, I doubt I would have rised to this position in my life.

Being here I can clearly see the advantages of raising the kid Indian way in an Indian environment and I want my kids to have the same cultural environment as I had.

Ofcourse this is not to say that American kids are all bad..but just that I prefer it it our way.

and they would not like to go back to India.
Yes exactly. I dont want them to loose their roots. I dont want them to grow reading up who John Quincy Adams was and not knowing who Tantia Tope or Raja Raja was...:heh:

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Yes exactly. I dont want them to loose their roots. I dont want them to grow reading up who John Quincy Adams was and not knowing who Tantia Tope or Raja Raja was...:heh:
Most Americans don't know who John Quincy Adams was and most Indians don't know who Tantya Tope or Raja Raja (lol) were.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

If I were not 'controlled' by my parents early on, I doubt I would have rised to this position in my life.

Being here I can clearly see the advantages of raising the kid Indian way in an Indian environment and I want my kids to have the same cultural environment as I had.

Ofcourse this is not to say that American kids are all bad..but just that I prefer it it our way.

Your children will grow up learning hindi...by the time you become daddu your grandchildren wouldn't know a word of tamil.

:truestory:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

I think the whole point is moot. National boundaries, cultures, values are not static as much as we would want them to be. I take a fatalistic view of the whole situation. I can maybe raise my children in India, but what if they hate me when they grow up for not giving them the opportunity of living the American dream while India goes from bad to worse?

America needs highly skilled, productive and decent immigrants, and Indians are model immigrants. That's an ideal meeting of interests as there ever will be.

You cannot control your kids lives try as you might, you can only limit or expand the opportunities they have access to. So might as well give them access to the best lifestyle and best education.

I myself don't even see the point of having kids in the first place. What does it matter what happens to my kids or grandkids after I'm dead?

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I myself don't even see the point of having kids in the first place. What does it matter what happens to my kids or grandkids after I'm dead?
Thats an interesting point you raise!

What if you impregnated a female and f--cked off without having to raise the kids ? would that bother you ?

I want to know whether you dont see a point in procreation or just dont see the purpose of a man using his resources to raise a child

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Thats an interesting point you raise!

What if you impregnated a female and f--cked off without having to raise the kids ? would that bother you ?

I want to know whether you dont see a point in procreation or just dont see the purpose of a man using his resources to raise a child
OT, but if I did impregnate a female, I would ask her to terminate the pregnancy as long as it is safe. If she could safely abort but chooses to not do so, then she also chooses to raise the kid by herself. If men have no right in asking women to terminate the products of their union, then they should also not be held responsible for the woman's choices.

As for procreation, it is not just counterproductive, but destructive at the individual level, especially for men. It destroys a man's freedom, his wealth, his effort and wastes his potential.

On a societal level though, as with many other things, the rights of the individual have to be subordinated for the good of the "nation" or "society", hence procreation is desirable.

I guess I just gave away my true political affiliation. ;)

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
There is no point to procreation. All it does is prolong an endless cycle of suffering.

Yep !!

Learn from him Fellas >

Who knows he might alleviate the suffering of an entire Nation. Following your advice :truestory:

Last edited by a moderator:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Most Americans don't know who John Quincy Adams was and most Indians don't know who Tantya Tope or Raja Raja (lol) were.
Was an example. :dude:

Your children will grow up learning hindi...by the time you become daddu your grandchildren wouldn't know a word of tamil.
I plan to settle down in Tamil Nadu or in the pseudo-Tamil city Bangalore..:heh:

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I think the whole point is moot. National boundaries, cultures, values are not static as much as we would want them to be. I take a fatalistic view of the whole situation. I can maybe raise my children in India, but what if they hate me when they grow up for not giving them the opportunity of living the American dream while India goes from bad to worse?
American dream is overhyped and India is not exactly the shithole. Bangalorean explained that economic part of the picture. Sure currently there are more opportunities for Indians in America, but looking the people here I genuinely believe those who were raised in India and who come to America to do graduation and then work have a better chance of sucess in America than those who are raised in America itself.

America needs highly skilled, productive and decent immigrants, and Indians are model immigrants. That's an ideal meeting of interests as there ever will be.
Exactly - Indians who were raised in India with its value system and who come to America in their early teens for graduation and work.

You cannot control your kids lives try as you might, you can only limit or expand the opportunities they have access to. So might as well give them access to the best lifestyle and best education.
Controlling kids who dont know exactly what life is or world is and who need the protective framework of the parents and controlling grown-ups who can make choices for themselves are two different things. For example I did not get a choice as to which school I would joining my LKG ..but it was entirely my choice where I would do my engineering and graduation...Get the difference ?

If my grown-ups want to pursue their masters in America or want to work in America and even settle down here then that is entirely their choice. But some like what I have mentioned before come into the domain of parenting and I prefer the Indian way of parenting to the American way. Nothing to debate on..its my personal choice, based on my personal observations.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles