Would US Lease Naval Base to India in Guam??

debasree

Country flag
Guam's infrastructure is already over-taxed by the Marine buildup and brought anti-colonial sentiment. The Chamorro would never accept an Indian colony on island. The best choice for India would be asking Vietnam or the Philippines for a station around the Spratly chain and offer a defence pact. Let us cut to the chase and admit GoI is not in any mindset to make such an offer much less procure the weapons necessary to contribute such defence.
excelent we can use phlipines as listening post & base for navy planes & subs

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
i never said that india should start a new base,all i said is to use already existing american naval facilities for our ships.

in your opinion how will dg boost IN??
DG wouldn't do anything for the IN except provide extended air coverage. It is too far from shipping channels to be an effective base and Indian ports to the West are closer to the lanes. India already has a great position to the East, all you need is something to the West and the best location would be the island of Socotra. Worrying about the southern IOR is a waste of time.

p2prada

IN does not have enough ships and aircraft for the IOR.

We are currently in the process of building two major bases. Once done, we need a minimum number of ships and subs to build two large fleets centered around carriers. IN is aiming for 400+ aircraft by 2020, up from 200 odd today. A 160 ship navy is being aimed for by 2022. Only after that can we talk about overseas bases.

drkrn

DG wouldn't do anything for the IN except provide extended air coverage. It is too far from shipping channels to be an effective base and Indian ports to the West are closer to the lanes. India already has a great position to the East, all you need is something to the West and the best location would be the island of Socotra. Worrying about the southern IOR is a waste of time.
those island supports distinctive species.....

i prefer seychelles.future markets lie in africa,more over seychelles is closer to india

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
those island supports distinctive species.....

i prefer seychelles.future markets lie in africa,more over seychelles is closer to india
You want a base near the shipping lanes, especially that traveling to Pak and China. Seychelles has no strategic importance bringing India's enemies to her knees.

drkrn

Besides the fact China never went for a base on Seychelles, what does their EEZ have to do with it? It is still international waters.
its china military policy not to setup military bases abroad

Global Defence

Articles